Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a member of SACN and a very inactive member of the exec

and have been since the very early days.

could I just ask if you are a member too?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I'm a member of SACN and a very inactive member of the exec

and have been since the very early days.

could I just ask if you are a member too?

Hi nick

So what brings you here then, rallying the troops to war or has there veiws of discontentment just penertrated the ear drums of there supposed representitives.

Your veiw of accepting the plan and then sorting out the nuts and bolts after could well be folly.

IRAQ has weapons of mass destruction on that basis the Prime Minster asked the country to accept the war plan.

Just look at what the nuts and bolts of that plan have done, and where is it still going.

Also how many anglers does SACN suppose to represent.

steve

all comments I have made are mine alone as stated above.

I am not posting as a representative of sacn.

It is not me that says we should sort out the details later. it is simply a fact of life that this is a strategy document which is being discussed.

Not a policy document which will need to be developed to put into practise the strategy.

I am pleased that so many people think sacn are so powerful that they can dictate to DEFRA how things should be done, but it aint so.

As to what brings me here, I've been here for years. I just hate to see ignorance compounded, so I thought I would attempt some education regarding political processes.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I am pleased that so many people think sacn are so powerful that they can dictate to DEFRA how things should be done,

They don't.

I just hate to see ignorance compounded, so I thought I would attempt some education regarding political processes.

So anyone who doesn't agree with Leon and SACN is ignorant, and you're going to educate us all?

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

not at all Steve.

But clearly some people do not understand the words printed in the draft STRATEGY document, nor what a strategy document is. That is all I am trying to correct.

I disagree with Leon, probably more of the time than I agree with him.

Fortunately we're both grown ups and can still be polite to each other. In addition Leon is very good at putting to one side the finer details of his own personal beliefs and putting forward whether in writing or verbally a position agreed upon by the people that can be bothered to take part in the formulation of the SACN responses.

As I have said several times I don't particularly want to see a licence, and though I support bag limits in theory I have reservations about the implementation of them. But importantly that is not what the STRATEGY is about. It is about the hopes and aspirations of DEFRA for RSA. They are being guided in developing that strategy by the bodies and individuals that have responded to the consultation.

Yet again let me stress.

STRATEGY documents are not about the fine details of implementation but purely about the aims. Section2 and Section10 give the concrete information about what is the aim and how to measure success. The other sections discuss possible methods which it is possible to use in getting the desired outcomes. They neither rule in or out any course of action for achieving the aims. They simply open a discussion about possibilities. When they policies are discussed and consulted upon is the time that objections can be aired.

But come on folks don't you all want to see:

“To enhance the recreational sea angling experience in England in a sustainable, holistic and environmentally responsible way”

The angling experience can be thought of as all aspects that make sea angling an enjoyable activity. As well as catching more and bigger fish, this includes many un-measurable elements such as the quality and accessibility of angling sites, degree of angling knowledge and skill that is perceived as being required to catch particular species, the belief that desirable fish are in the fishing area and potentially ‘catchable’, the various levels of reward associated with catching a fish of certain size and species and other social aspects valued by individuals.

I certainly do :D

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

not at all Steve.

But clearly some people do not understand the words printed in the draft STRATEGY document, nor what a strategy document is. That is all I am trying to correct.

Fortunately we're both grown ups and can still be polite to each other. In addition Leon is very good at putting to one side the finer details of his own personal beliefs and putting forward whether in writing or verbally a position agreed upon by the people that can be bothered to take part in the formulation of the SACN responses.

As I have said several times I don't particularly want to see a licence, and though I support bag limits in theory I have reservations about the implementation of them. But importantly that is not what the STRATEGY is about. It is about the hopes and aspirations of DEFRA for RSA. They are being guided in developing that strategy by the bodies and individuals that have responded to the consultation.

Yet again let me stress.

STRATEGY documents are not about the fine details of implementation but purely about the aims. Section2 and Section10 give the concrete information about what is the aim and how to measure success. The other sections discuss possible methods which it is possible to use in getting the desired outcomes. They neither rule in or out any course of action for achieving the aims. They simply open a discussion about possibilities. When they policies are discussed and consulted upon is the time that objections can be aired.

Nick without defra's help my personal angling experiance gets better year on year. It is only because i put a lot of effort in that makes it so, i really don't want defra to interfere with it but as we all know some of us will have to keep their pension funds going. That is what i think personally and it would take quite a lot to change it.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

but face facts, DEFRA are going to do it 'cos they believe that they can get more folks fishing which earns them more money in tax revenues.

So do we:

let 'em do what they will and suffer the consequences?

(withdraw as suggested by Glenn)

or do we get involved and try to make there plans as good as possible for RSA?

(keep talking)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

not at all Steve.

Yet again let me stress.

but face facts, DEFRA are going to do it 'cos they believe that they can get more folks fishing which earns them more money in tax revenues.

So do we:

let 'em do what they will and suffer the consequences?

(withdraw as suggested by Glenn)

or do we get involved and try to make there plans as good as possible for RSA?

(keep talking)

You know as i do we will talk and talk and talk, just like commercial and where will it get the rsa? More brownie points as their pension fund has just gone up, thats all.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..