German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Gozzer

You're right. I would like to get some more information about fishing in the UK, I really would, but it's also nice to find out about the people who have the same hobby as I do. It would be good to find a balance, between getting to know fishing and fishermen in the UK. :thumbs:

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
Poor Ferret! Everybody is always picking on him. :unsure: I wonder why? :g:

That's what I call a nice looking Privy, Newt. Now I can really imagine how the can be little treasures! :clap2:

Mmmm I also wonder why. :blink:

:)

QUOTE(Patrizia @ Mar 20 2007, 02:26 PM) *

Poor Ferret! Everybody is always picking on him. unsure.I wonder why?

Non of us really know the answer to that one, Patty! It is not as if anyone has any old scores to settle, or that he's an easy target. Perhaps its his forgiving nature.

Yes, he does attempt the occasional practical joke, in fact, when you started posting, some folk actually thought it was good old Ferret having a laugh! I mean, how silly an idea is that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Ferret1959
QUOTE(Patrizia @ Mar 20 2007, 02:26 PM) *

Poor Ferret! Everybody is always picking on him. unsure.I wonder why?

Non of us really know the answer to that one, Patty! It is not as if anyone has any old scores to settle, or that he's an easy target. Perhaps its his forgiving nature.

Yes, he does attempt the occasional practical joke, in fact, when you started posting, some folk actually thought it was good old Ferret having a laugh! I mean, how silly an idea is that? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pattys English is better than mine, that'll be my first downfall for a practickle(sp) ;) joke. :D

Second downfall would be my not so good looks. ;)

Pattys English is better than mine, that'll be my first downfall for a practickle(sp) ;) joke. :D

I'de wish for that. :clap2:

Second downfall would be my not so good looks. ;)

So you've got a hump, a wooden leg and a glas eye, like me! :unsure: I know how you feel.

Tell me more about your fishing Ferret. You know, your favorite spots - with your "good looks" it must be behind a bush somewhere. Some information about your area would be nice. :thumbs:

Hi dear Peter,

me beeing Ferret. Well, I am, :oops: Looks like I've given it away - like I've said, we both have hump, a wooden leg and a glas eye! ;)

Can anybody tell me more about fishing in the Thames? And some facts about fishing in and around London, if there are any? About fishing in the river Mersey, and something about the countryside around it? About fishing in the river Don in scottland? Who of you guys got a feedingboat and a GPS? Does it makes sence for me to buy one? And where can I get a good one, that's not to expensive. I've looked them up in the internet already, but it's hard for me to deside, which one to take. To many are offered.

Now I've got to work a bit, don't wont to upset my publisher. <_< Talk to you fellas later.

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

You're right. I would like to get some more information about fishing in the UK, I really would

Start here: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/author/leon-roskilly.html

Then go to the front page of Anglersnet and you might find some other interesting stuff if you select the 'articles' options from the menu on the left.

Then come back here for entertainment :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Leon! ;) How are you?

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the link. :thumbs: Oh, please entertain me guys. I want to have more fun chats!!! :clap2:

4ham55k.jpg

you're bored, i knew it, sitting on your own tapping a keyboard, you needed an escape and fishing/flirting with dodgy english anglers, is it...............just like me, though I'm not plannin g to flirt with many anglers, especially on this part of the forum, some will smell of the maggots they keep playing with. I come on here for escapeism, i have a very dry job and spend most of my evening/weekends, working on other businesses. Fishing, photography and anglersnet are my escape from the world around me

by the way, one of my german friends is buying your book now. I mentioned your posts and she did some digging, she's now ordered the book.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

:yucky:

you're bored, i knew it, sitting on your own tapping a keyboard, you needed an escape and fishing/flirting with dodgy english anglers, is it...............just like me, though I'm not plannin g to flirt with many anglers, especially on this part of the forum, some will smell of the maggots they keep playing with. I come on here for escapeism, i have a very dry job and spend most of my evening/weekends, working on other businesses. Fishing, photography and anglersnet are my escape from the world around me

by the way, one of my german friends is buying your book now. I mentioned your posts and she did some digging, she's now ordered the book.

I must agree with you, that sitting on a keyboard can be boring sometimes. It actually make me feel very lonely, even though I love writing and spending time in my fantasy-worlds with my fantasy-characters. I wanted to meet real people, have a ice chat and maybe find some friend, geting to know other cultures. And then on the other hand I wanted to plan on a fishingholiday in the UK and that's how I got to the anglersnet. And I enjoy it. I can still write my stories, publish my books and meet new and nice people at the same time. That's a perfect combination of working and having fun. But I disagree that my new found friends are dodgy english anglers. I have a great time with them and I think you all are very nice. Even though is getting a bit slow now in the last days. I miss them all, Neil, Peter, Leon, Ian, Ferret ...

You can understand all of that, it seems, since you want to escape from your dry work. My work isn't dry, but , like I've said, I need to escape sometimes too. So you do photographie, that's also one of my hobbies. Maybe we can show uns our pictures - show me yours and I 'll show you mine! :rolleyes: Please don't take the last part serious.

Tell me how your friend likes my book, after she has finished it. By the way thanks for telling her about it.

It's nice to know, that you understand me. What exactly is your job?

Hope to hear from you soon, :clap2:

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

I'm a lawyer who deals with land and buildings all day every day, i also own a small shop and manage some properties, in addition I help my wife with her ebay business as she doesn't travel well.

I'm on the board for the North East England Junior Chamber of Commerce (though I'm nearly too old for that) and secretary of my local fishing club. I have a boxer dog called Chloe who demands 2 long walks a day and I try to swim 1600m three times a week.

At some stage I'm meant to find the chance to go fishing, the photography tends to happen whilst I'm doing one of the others.

I do enjoy some aspects of my work, but sitting at a keyboard isn't one of them.

The guys (and gals) on here have been great friends to me even though I've only met a handful, and have been very helpful with information and the like.

As to fishing, they tend to respond well to specific questions, eg, what price should I pay for a bait boat, most lose interest in a thread once it gets too long unless they've been involved from the start.

I was quite impressed that you ignored some of the more viscious comments early on. You need a thick skin (english term for being prepared to ignore insults/critisms) if you're going to stay on here for long, but I do enjoy it as the rewards easily outweigh the occasional annoyances.

I hope you stay on here a long time. We have some accomplished writers amongst our ranks and creative essays on peoples fishing expeditions are always appreciated.

If you take photos, please post some on the photography forum, the guys on there are as helpful on photography as the naglers on here.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY