Any other recommended fishing forums?

Guest Brumagem Phil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Gaffer.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Gaffer

Switched to another channel :thumbs:

Switched to another channel :thumbs:

Do us all a favour and afford us all the same courtesy.

You don't like it here.

You asked for other forums.

You were given some examples.

What's the problem? We can't pander to everyone. The world's too big.

I'm sorry; I'd love you to be happy and stay, but you're not, so find somewhere else. Nobody wants to force you to stay somewhere where you don't feel comfortable. The internet's a massive place and everyone will find somewhere they feel is home. You've made it quite clear that you don't feel it's like home here for you, so where's the issue? Do you really think I'm going to get rid of all the moderators, just because you and a few friends don't agree with them 100%? I've known these guys for years. They're totally committed to this site and, even when they get slated for it, take decisions in what they consider to be the best interest of the 10,000+ members here.

Your last deleted post was derogatory to "illegal Eastern European" immigrants. Perhaps you think that's acceptable? Perhaps, as a joke, I might, if it was texted to me by a mate in private and meant in jest. Fact is, you posted it on a public forum, one that gets viewed in schools, and it got deleted. It was, by no means, the worst thing we'd seen here, but it definitely could have been construed as aggravating racial hatred, and it got reported, so we saw it and dealt with it as we saw fit.

I'm sorry if that doesn't fit with your own moral guidelines, but the moderating team here is sick to death of having to deal with this sort of stuff.

If you want to continue posting such items, please do so elsewhere, but we won't tolerate it here and we won't continue this discussion much further. You seem hell bent on twisting and ridiculing what people say in response and many other sites would have removed your account by now.

We want to have diversity here, but all members have to accept that the moderators sometimes edit and delete posts, not only to protect this forum and, often, the people who posted them, but also angling in general. We're not perfect, by all means, but we try our best.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Brumagem Phil

Oh stick a kebab in it Elton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked for a list of other sites worth investigating.......that my RIGHT so allow me that will you without trying to make up MY mind for me!

What still PISSES me off though is that the mod in question didnt even have the good manners or common courtesy to PM me and explain..........yet YOU choose to protect him! Disgusting!

I dont like gaffer and never have done....allow me the individuality to say so and be up front and honest about it will you rather than forcing me to grovel and betray my principles. He comes across as brash with the 'if you dont like it then I'll smack youin the nose' attitude which I don't like............please allow me to use YOUR facility and place him on my ignore list (if thats ok with you of course?).........

I dint say I didnt like it here.........quite the contrary actually, I said I get fed up of the inconsisent moderation.

"Your last deleted post was derogatory to "illegal Eastern European" immigrants."......ROFLMAO, you must have had a right skin full to suddenly become so politically sensitive!!! Oh and I used the word ILLEGAL deliberately so as not to offend genuine immigrants who I have no beef with at all.........seems ok for YOU to post threads about that scum bag ian huntley whenever YOU feel like it despite the fact many of us dont wish to even hear his name let alone read the lastest story the news of the world is pushing!! Seems to me you are FULL of double standards!

Racial hatred my backside! My partner is of 'non UK origin' (I don't need to justify myself by giving you further details) and you know full well I've been heavily against racism on here since the day I arrived. Nobody reported the post, it didnt even last 10 mins in the early hours before it vanished..................truth is you are just trying to squirm your way to protect the person who hadnt the backbone to PM me to even offer an explanation.

IF you dont want me here, then YOU ban me cos I intend staying, and will continue to input what I have over the time I've been here..............take the rough with the smooth or ban me now.........choice is yours, its your site.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Is that a shish or a doner?

It makes a big difference to me ;)

And no, I haven't had a skinful. I'm El Skinto right now, so just typing as me.

Sorry to disappoint.

Last post that Gaffer amended was 1st April. You have my word on that.

So, which moderator don't you like today? {take another swig before answering that - it might help you to type more coherently}

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Guest Brumagem Phil
Is that a shish or a doner?

It makes a big difference to me ;)

And no, I haven't had a skinful. I'm El Skinto right now, so just typing as me.

Sorry to disappoint.

Last post that Gaffer amended was 1st April. You have my word on that.

So, which moderator don't you like today? {take another swig before answering that - it might help you to type more coherently}

I've had a bottle and a half............it affects the way my brain sends signals to my fingers but doesnt affect the way my brain works (sorry to disappoint you).

Look, it seems I am being pushed to justify myself here...........I don't feel that I have to, but will do anyway for transparency.............I've no great beef with how gaffer has moderated MY posts, I just feel that he pushes his 'I'm a matial artist so I'm hard' attitude on here.....its a personal thing and I'm no hard man myself but do know a couple of high dan martial artists myself and you wouldn't even know they practised unless you attacked them, in fact they go out of their way to be incognito. Its just the way I perceive those who use the skill for genuine protection and those who use it as some form of 'stay away' type message (if you see where I'm coming from). But he is your buddy so don't expect you to see my point of view at all.

"So, which moderator don't you like today? {take another swig before answering that - it might help you to type more coherently}" Ah, nothing like a bit of sarcasm to draw a laugh when your argument is struggling eh Elton? How about you address one or two of my concerns rather than acting like Jack the lad eh? :rolleyes:

Actually, I have a VERY good idea who blatted my post AND who closed the thread I had going with MR M last week as late at night its fairly easy to see who is and who is not online. I was kinda hoping he would PM me to at least put his argument to me (i'm an open minded fellah and can be convinced by a solid argument you know!!!) but SILENCE...............VERY disappointed.

I fully appreciate you have responsibilities to uphold certain standards, but IMO you seem to be doing so based on friendships and cliques rather than what's genuinely right in an unbiased way. Just my opinion anyway. No intention to carry this on further (bed is calling me LOUDLY now) so its up to you where we go from here.

Have a good weekend.

Phil,

You git - I just typed a really long, argumentative reply to your previous reply :)

Let's sleep on it.

Gaffer is one of the nicest guys on earth - honestly.

Also, the moderating here is done on a team basis. I get over-ruled. I've even been moderated a few times. Obviously, I have the 'power' to over-ride any of this, but that defeats what we're trying to achieve, so I've never done it. Truth be known, Si.. has more 'power' than me!

Although you may see us as individuals, we're actually a nice bunch together and never act on our own. Honestly, we TRY to do the best by this site.

Yes, they're my mates, but because they all did this from the start, they had to be my mates. Who else, back then, would do this for free? When the moderators started on AN, we had a tiny amount of traffic. It was all very friendly.

That said, it's because they're my mates that we can disagree so much. We're mates, but I specifically asked all the mods here to become mods because they're so different. I'm not totally stupid and I've had hundreds of people ask to become a moderator here.

Can we not just move on from this thread?

I rarely get involved, because I've had to become hardened to the whole thing and accept that forums can't please everyone. I'm not trying to 'big myself up' here, but the only reason I got involved this time is because, although your name often crops up as 'controversial', you're seen as a valued member of this forum and part of what makes it so diversified. You'd probably be quite surprised as to where some of your support comes from behind the scenes.

One of your posts got removed. It's not going to get reinstated and I've said now it was because it was construed as a bit too close to racism for a public forum. I've also admitted that I'd have accepted that it was funny if it had been a private text.

Can't we just leave it there? And move on?

As for the 'High dan' thing, Gaffer's not like that at all.

I was one of the founder/early members of the British Combat Association. It wasn't until I'd know Gaffer a few years that we found out that we'd trained under some of the same people.

To me, it was just a bit of fun and a way of protecting myself at the time (I worked a few pub doors when I was doing a degree). To Gaffer (and his brothers), it was a way of life, hence they are now very well known in those circles. Gaffer was 3 times English TaeKwonDo champion and British Destruction champ, I think, amongst other things (where they break bricks and stuff). One of his other brothers did the same at a different weight and his 'little' brother, Brett, is absolutely world class. He's a heavyweight and his reputation is known around the world. Like Gaffer, he is the most unassuming guy you'll come across. He used to post on here.

Gaffer is an accomplished martial artist and a bit of a tough guy, but I don't think he's really come across like that here. I've always seen him as a carp angler through-and-through and, more importantly, a family man. Those who met him at Wingham will vouch that his son, Ashley, was (and still is) his number one priority. He's never done the macho routine, despite being more than qualified to do so.

not to steal Elton's thunder since he is on a roll but it's late and I'm off for the evening

Phil - I removed the post. It injected some overtones that we did not need into a topic where it did not fit. Eastern Europeans, legal or green or whatever, had nothing to do with the shooting of that otter.

From the specific smiley you ended the sentence with I assumed you knew the post was pushing the limits so also assumed you had sense enough to figure out why it was removed. I still think you did.

You tend to push at times but are always direct. I respect that and am very surprised at the tone you have taken with this response. Personally I would be sad to see you leave the forum because you contribute but if it does not suit you, then you should go. Otherwise, stick around and if you want to push, don't kvetch when a mod pushes back.

I've said my piece here and I'm done.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Phil, I am a man of few words...........

If you don't like it here, sod off somewhere else........ easy.

And stop trying to get apologies or whatever, it isn't in the T&C so it isnt going to happen.

It's Eltons ball and he picks the rules, you dont like it, don't play.....

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."