Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

The weather's looking better!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

In fact [touches wood] it's actually looking good...!

I just need to shake this cold off and get rid of my sore throat and I can start getting excited :rolleyes:

Curses, I was looking for at least overcast.

Dug over the brassica patch for worms today.

I was amazed to find the ground still very dry not far down, incredible after all of the rain over the last few days, and this was ground cleared of weeds around 3 weeks ago, so rain should have penetrated beyond thirsty roots.

Last year I bagged up on big lobs, this year they are few and small.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For info, I hope to be down there before you other guys arrive ready to provide with a welcoming cuppa. I also said to Steve that, if you guys want, i'm happy to provide welcoming bacon sarny but you will all probably be too anxious to get to your swims to worry about such things. By the way, tea and sarnies would be free.

Meatballs

3 Doors Down is now also coming. That makes 24 from AN including Elton and Si, who are joining the bailiffs on the Carp Lake. Mind you the latter won't be fishing during the daytime.

However it's not too late to book a place - I've still got room for several more!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'm pretty gutted really . After hearing about all the great experiences last year , i'd said then that i'd try and go to this years get together . Unfortunately , its fallen on the wrong weekend . 7 days later and i would have been there . But its FA cup final weekend and as my mighty Blue Boys are at Wembley , i'm involved with that . Best of luck to everyone who's going and maybe i'll make it next year........

I'm even more gutted that Wingham seems just perfect for margin Tench fishing which is my greatest fishing pleasure....not a great fan of fishing on the horizon

I'm pretty gutted really . After hearing about all the great experiences last year , i'd said then that i'd try and go to this years get together . Unfortunately , its fallen on the wrong weekend . 7 days later and i would have been there . But its FA cup final weekend and as my mighty Blue Boys are at Wembley , i'm involved with that . Best of luck to everyone who's going and maybe i'll make it next year........

I'm even more gutted that Wingham seems just perfect for margin Tench fishing which is my greatest fishing pleasure....not a great fan of fishing on the horizon

I know! I gave up my ticket to watch England vs the Windies at Lords to go! I hadn't dared mention the FA cup final in case I got lynched! I'll just have to watch it on my bivvy tv :rolleyes: !

Good luck take the smile of Fergie's face!

Rich

48 hours to go, ohhh, I'm getting excited !!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Unfortunately I am unable to go this year as my new job dictates I work this Sunday night, the first in twelve weeks!!I really wish you all well and hope you have a great day or two,even if the fishing is hard I am sure you will enjoy the experience and hospitality of Steve and co:

Regular updates please and lots of pictures.

(Medway Green: If you are feeling guilty feel free to finish fishing early and come join me at work Sunday :rolleyes:)

How dare the FA have the Cup Final on the same day as the Wingham Fish-In. After all, they had a year's notice. It's just not cricket, is it?

If the Blues lose and Wingham produces a record bream you'll be even more gutted. Especially when I tell you it came from the swim I was going to give you! <_<

Unfortunately I am unable to go this year as my new job dictates I work this Sunday night, the first in twelve weeks!!I really wish you all well and hope you have a great day or two,even if the fishing is hard I am sure you will enjoy the experience and hospitality of Steve and co:

Regular updates please and lots of pictures.

(Medway Green: If you are feeling guilty feel free to finish fishing early and come join me at work Sunday :rolleyes:)

What rotten luck! :angry:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Some people might miss it Steve, but some other people who bring their small portable tv's with them won't miss it !

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"