Otters

Elton

Otters  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Otters?

• Yes
    • No

At the end of the day otters have been about for thousands of years and though they are making a comeback your still very lucky to see one. I saw one last year on my local strech of the suffolk stour and that was the first time i had seen a wild one. I think we have more worries with two legged fish thiefs at the moment

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W

I have checked and Yes Hedgehogs are protected .

Have you any idea how many songbirds (all protected species) are killed by domestic cats each day?

Can't really have a go at Tigger just because his dogs kill the occasional hedgehog

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest tigger
Have you any idea how many songbirds (all protected species) are killed by domestic cats each day?

Can't really have a go at Tigger just because his dogs kill the occasional hedgehog

Yeah Sporstman.........you've got to be carefull of Rabbits ferocious Pussy!!!! :lol:

Guest Rabbit
Yeah Sporstman.........you've got to be carefull of Rabbits ferocious Pussy!!!! :lol:

See you reverted to type then, :D

Ferocious pussy, about as funny as an out of control Staffy, need some lessons in dog training do we? You only have to ask, bring 'em down but you must remember it's not the dogs that are the problem,

Oh no :lol:

It always baffles me when people talk of wildlife as we are somehow separate from nature. Are we not animals? We're we not given the tools we have in order to exist as a part of nature. I'm quite sure we'll have some clever retort that this is the 21st century. Like it or not, we are just as much a part of nature as any other animal. We're not the supreme beings we like to think we are. The state of the planet is testament to that.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It always baffles me when people talk of wildlife as we are somehow separate from nature. Are we not animals? We're we not given the tools we have in order to exist as a part of nature. I'm quite sure we'll have some clever retort that this is the 21st century. Like it or not, we are just as much a part of nature as any other animal. We're not the supreme beings we like to think we are. The state of the planet is testament to that.

I agree. In that case. Let nature burn. Nature obviously gave us the tools to think logically and decide wether it is apropriate to do certain things or not.

Edited by SPSwallow

Otter and pike lived side by side for a long time before we had any say in the matter and they're both here along with their prey now so they clearly they don't eat that much. As I said at the start, let them find a balance and no problem as far as I can see.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest tigger
See you reverted to type then, :D

And what type would that be then Neil ?

Ferocious pussy, about as funny as an out of control Staffy, need some lessons in dog training do we?

I think you need to go stroke your Pussy :crazy: .............as I think you are getting a bit confused. :rolleyes:

I don't own any Staffies.

Guest Rabbit
And what type would that be then Neil ?

I think you need to go stroke your Pussy :crazy: .............as I think you are getting a bit confused. :rolleyes:

I don't own any Staffies.

No matter what you own, looks like they are out of control. To allow your Staffs to do that must be poor control, still perhaps you encouraged them, like I said shooting the face of a otter is hardly an accident is it?

Would you like to comment on the real issue, or are you just full of s'''' :D