Otters

Elton

Otters  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Otters?

• Yes
    • No

Guest tigger
No matter what you own, looks like they are out of control. To allow your Staffs to do that must be poor control, still perhaps you encouraged them, like I said shooting the face of a otter is hardly an accident is it?

Would you like to comment on the real issue, or are you just full of s'''' :D

Rabbit your a F**kin plonker, I've been havin a bit of a joke with other AN'ers and everyone but you seem to have realised that. Are you p*ssed or something...............or on medication of some sort co's your not normal m8.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otter and pike lived side by side for a long time before we had any say in the matter and they're both here along with their prey now so they clearly they don't eat that much. As I said at the start, let them find a balance and no problem as far as I can see.
I'm not sure that otter will eat that many pike anyway. What otters really like are crunchy crayfish and big fat eels. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Maybe I didn't make that as clear as I could have. I don't mean otters eat pike. I mean that both are often cited as the reason for diminishing fish stocks, yet they've often shared the same space with their prey and they seem to have survived all this time without our intervention. Nature always finds a balance.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Rabbit
Rabbit your a F**kin plonker, I've been havin a bit of a joke with other AN'ers and everyone but you seem to have realised that. Are you p*ssed or something...............or on medication of some sort co's your not normal m8.

So that's it then you are just full of s.... :D

I've only ever seen three, I managed to shoot two of them and the dogs caught the other one as it made it's escape to it's holt. I've kept the skins which I may use for making some gloves. Their not in very good nick though as I shot them at close quarters with a 12 bore so smashed them a bit and the one the dogs got was needless to say ........a bit ripped up.

Nice one Ian, Ive been making a new rug.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Cut out the personal remarks please or editing will have to take place....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

what preys on otters in the wild?there used to be bears and wolves in the wild,should we be getting worried about whats watching from behind the bushes? :P

Depends on where they are in the World but round the UK, I'd think man, birds of prey, seals, foxes, cats and dogs. Can't think of anything else. I'd think it's mostly the young that are vunerable though. Even still, I'm sure predation/hunting is fairly low. Hardly enough for them to be overly concerned I reckon. Cars, boats, nets and creels probably kill a few too.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...