Otters

Elton

Otters  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Otters?

• Yes
    • No

Guest tigger
Yeah, they have these spikey things around them.

I think hedgehogs taste very nice in a stew with other ingredients such as Otter and Rabbit with big dumplings on top.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
I never thought I'd say this but ..... I wholeheartedly agree with Rabbit!

Rich

But why they taste lovely in soup, stewed or baked whole in the oven. Once you've eaten one then you'll be addicted as their meat is like candy floss and just drops off the bone. That's probably why there's a shortage of them, with them being so tastey. I bet there's been a few in Hugh's River Cottage feasts.

Unless they are cooked right they can taste a bit fishy, but nothing like as bad as Osprey ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest tigger
Unless they are cooked right they can taste a bit fishy, but nothing like as bad as Osprey ;)

I must agree about the Osprey not being very palatble. That's why I only eat their eggs now..........LURVELY scrambled on toast with salt and pepper to season. Nice cup of tea to wash it down.

I am glad these otters were killed; and I am sorry there are no more otter-killers; for I know that the want of otter-killers, and the not keeping the fence-months for the preservation of fish, will, in time, prove the destruction of all rivers.

Izaak

Ridiculous. Wildlife, natural or not comes first. Fishing is just a hobby, I would gladly give it up before I did any harm to wildlife. They have more right to the rivers than us.

Ridiculous. Wildlife, natural or not comes first. Fishing is just a hobby, I would gladly give it up before I did any harm to wildlife. They have more right to the rivers than us.

I wouldn't take too much notice of Mr Walton, he rarely posts on here, (in that guise ;) ), as you can see from his membership date and post count. He often quotes from his famous book in his replies. :D

I have only ever seen a couple of otters and they were when fishing in Scotland. I don't mind them, they are preferable to the numerous mink I see especially when fishing the R Wharfe.

Someone mentioned seals. I don't mind them either, in the sea. It's a bit alarming when they pop up when fishing a river some 40-50miles from the sea! We've had a few over the years, both at Tadcaster on the Wharfe, and Linton-on-Ouse. They just bob up, and seem to grin at you!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger
Hmmm, perhaps I've suffered a sense of humour failure :rolleyes:

Hmmm..............I think you along with several others have got one leg longer than the other :rolleyes: