The Glorious 16th

jedibond

Just joined a great club with some fantastic stretches of the trent and have found a great glide which shall be trotted for some nice roach and bream on my new centrepin. Hope the weather is nice

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now of course we are only one week away from the start of the season (is it really another year ???). I was just wondering what everyone had planned for their start to the season, ambitions to fulfil, forgotten stretches to fish, etc, etc.

I'm going to try and fish more rivers this year, I failed miserably last year and would love to get back into again. I'll try the Lea near me and there's a few streams out in Essex and Herts that might warrant a visit too.

:fishing1:

Whereabouts on the Lea would you suggest...I'm close to it too but have had mixed reports. I think at one time it was a prolific river but, a combination of cormorant predation and pollution seems to have wiped it out...?

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I'm due to work over opening weekend, but later on in the week I'm hoping to go and explore the Roding stretches that my club controls.

Mat

Well , i'll try and let you know how its fishing Mat :rolleyes:;) I hope to get on the stretch at the weekend....and then on the 18th , i'm up to Norfolk on a cruiser for a week . Happy days :clap2:

Well for one my plan will to actually catch a river barbel. Ive only caught one barbel and that was caught in a lake and tht put up a scarp so i cant imagine how a barbel on the end of a rod in a rivermust be like. Im going to charter a route to my nearest river and set off on my bike to find it then if i do, return and catch the fish that has iluded me for so long.

I got the the lovely River severn stretch in Ironbridge to fish, Its supposedly stuffed with large barbel and quite a few im told. A 1lb barbel will do but i hope to beat my grandads record of 13lb 9oz caught on the same stretch, To bad he didnt get the one he had on for 1 hour or my task may have been impossible.

Can somebody tell me what the TimeBomb method is. I saw Matt Hayes using it on a program but missed th part were he showed you what it actually is?

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Keith Arthur is doing a opening season special on the 16th from midnight to 8am. Its asking for people planning to go out early to drop him an email via his TalkSport Page with a mind to getting bankside reports throughout the show.

Tony

I'm going to launch the kayak off the beach 300m from my house, paddle in through the harbour mouth and along the estuary until I get to the lock gate. Hopefully pick up a bass on the way. Then I'll portage the kayak across and onto the Broad, troll for perch and pike from there up the dyke and onto the river, hang a left and go the rest of the way up until the limit of navigation, where I will find a very nice pub and sit with a good pint of locally brewed real ale before popping the kayak onto the roof of the car - which will be dumped there beforehand and drive home via my parents who are having the kids. About a 15 mile paddle so should see me out all day at trolling speed.

This plan is dependent on my mate joining me for the trek, otherwise I'll just go on the broad and dyke and then back up the estuary and home. Either way it'll be a glorious start. I shall wear camouflage in case Peter is about.....

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I'm going to launch the kayak off the beach 300m from my house, paddle in through the harbour mouth and along the estuary until I get to the lock gate. Hopefully pick up a bass on the way. Then I'll portage the kayak across and onto the Broad, troll for perch and pike from there up the dyke and onto the river, hang a left and go the rest of the way up until the limit of navigation, where I will find a very nice pub and sit with a good pint of locally brewed real ale before popping the kayak onto the roof of the car - which will be dumped there beforehand and drive home via my parents who are having the kids. About a 15 mile paddle so should see me out all day at trolling speed.

This plan is dependent on my mate joining me for the trek, otherwise I'll just go on the broad and dyke and then back up the estuary and home. Either way it'll be a glorious start. I shall wear camouflage in case Peter is about.....

Mark,Ive always found you cannoist/angler hybrids very strange! Some of the things you "Yak" blokes get up to leave me a bit cold even!!

However having just read what you have posted I must admit to it sounding quite attractive! So who knows you might see me posting on the Yak forum yet! Mind you would I get one big enough to take my 23stone? :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!