Rod Licence

Elton

Posted on behalf of Derek. Please add all replies to this thread:

I am a keen sea fisherman. I fish from anywhere between Cardiff foreshore to Tenby, even further. I heard that now you need a rod licence for sea fishing is that true? If so, please can you tell me roughly how much is it going to cost a year?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No derek steve is bang on no licence required (today that is) there are however rumblings in the halls of power if the marine bill and other conservation bills are any thing to go by you will need a licence to walk on the foreshaw by the end of the decade Lets hope GB the premier doesnt stiff GB the angler

Derek, we have had the right to fish from the shore since king John signed the Magna Carta and before that through very old laws. those rights can not be taken away from us. they might be able to negotiate them away from us ,but at what price and who would they negotiate with. every angler would have to sign their birthright away. there is not one body to represent the majority of anglers in this country.

Derek, we have had the right to fish from the shore since king John signed the Magna Carta and before that through very old laws. those rights can not be taken away from us. they might be able to negotiate them away from us ,but at what price and who would they negotiate with. every angler would have to sign their birthright away. there is not one body to represent the majority of anglers in this country.

Bang on :thumbs:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi topfly

The Magna Carte and the immormorial right of use are meaningless in this country today.

If the goverment do not want you to fish at any certain places all they need to do is past a law and thats it.

They do not need to negotiate or give you anything in exchange.

The Magna Carta is completly meaningless

steve

Guest challenge

Derrick.

As others have said, you do not have to have a rod licence to fish in British waters. You can catch as much as you like and keep as much as you like, as long as it for your own consumption or at least you can catch a boat full, as long as you don’t sell it or make gain from it.

Unfortunately some anglers decided that they wanted more power to fight commercials and therefore let it slip to the government that there was great gains to be had by bringing this historic right to an end.

In doing so angling representatives (at least some) would get more say when it came to negotiating fishing rights with commercials (there the ones who aren’t allowed to catch very much but can sell what they do catch)) at least that’s what they thought.

Some Anglers on this forum (who have never been afraid to criticise commercial fishermen) of course blame all this reversal of fortune again at the feet of the commercial fishermen. "The real enemy" is what one prolific critic of the commercial industry likes to call them.

Commercial fishermen have hit back at RSA criticism of late and I honestly cannot blame them.

But unfortunately derrick I am afraid to say that you will eventually have to pay to use your rod because a small minority who are now (like it or not) representing the majority of RSA. have told the government that not only would all this new bureaucracy keep a lot of bureaucrats in jobs but that the anglers that they have spoken too are in favourer of a rod licence and eventually bag limits on there catch.

A few have been asked if they want a rod licence and they have answered for all, the majority who have not been asked have been heard by the few. Who passed on there opinion of silence.

Would you mind paying Derek?

Regards,

Derrick.

As others have said, you do not have to have a rod licence to fish in British waters. You can catch as much as you like and keep as much as you like, as long as it for your own consumption or at least you can catch a boat full, as long as you don’t sell it or make gain from it.

Unfortunately some anglers decided that they wanted more power to fight commercials and therefore let it slip to the government that there was great gains to be had by bringing this historic right to an end.

In doing so angling representatives (at least some) would get more say when it came to negotiating fishing rights with commercials (there the ones who aren’t allowed to catch very much but can sell what they do catch)) at least that’s what they thought.

Some Anglers on this forum (who have never been afraid to criticise commercial fishermen) of course blame all this reversal of fortune again at the feet of the commercial fishermen. "The real enemy" is what one prolific critic of the commercial industry likes to call them.

Commercial fishermen have hit back at RSA criticism of late and I honestly cannot blame them.

But unfortunately derrick I am afraid to say that you will eventually have to pay to use your rod because a small minority who are now (like it or not) representing the majority of RSA. have told the government that not only would all this new bureaucracy keep a lot of bureaucrats in jobs but that the anglers that they have spoken too are in favourer of a rod licence and eventually bag limits on there catch.

A few have been asked if they want a rod licence and they have answered for all, the majority who have not been asked have been heard by the few. Who passed on there opinion of silence.

Would you mind paying Derek?

Regards,

He only asked two questions and you have only answerd one. :rolleyes:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
He only asked two questions and you have only answerd one. :rolleyes:

I don’t know exactly how much it’s going to cost him? But it’s going to cost a lot of people and businesses more than they could cope with.

still there will be a few pats on the back at the next Greenpeace get together and there will be smiles up in some of them there lochs in Scotland.

It’s not so much how much but more of a who can scenario.

Regards.

Believe me rod licences and bag limits will DESTROY charter angling on the east coast as we know it AT LEAST £200000 WILL BE WIPED OUT OF THE LOCAL ECONOMY OVERNIGHT i hope defra have done there sums A MASSIVE LOSER ALL ROUND i was told the local sea fisheries committe wants to restrict anglers because of late they have been doing well they are tottal waste of tax payers money.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg