200 pounder!

spasor

Hiya,

Thanks for all the good wishes, I really appreciate them...LOL...Bass bait indeed !!!

Well, yes its true, MY fish of a lifetime....I still cant stop smiling....I've regaled anyone that will listen about the fish....

Mick and Davy rebaited mine and Jabees rod, with a Coalie, and almost straight away mine was hit, then mibbes seconds after , Jabees was too...

I actually thought it wasnt too big, as it was stuck on the bottom for mibbes 15mins...then when it came off the bottom...GEEEZUS...I ended up with cramp in my shoulder, and both my knees locked up....if it had deceided to go for a walk, I was going with it !!!

When I saw the fish coming up throught the water, and Davy said...Niiiice fish Norrie ( master of understatement ) I knew it was a good one. Jabee ( who had landed a nice 150lber) and him had real problems getting it aboard....I had real problems getting it on my knee for a pic...as you can see in the pic.....and Davy and I had REAL probs getting it back over the side... I have never seen or held Common that size, even Tiggs 195lber semed small compared to it....then when Davy said 220lb PLUS.....I turned and kissed the person nearest me !!! Jabee !!!!! :yucky: Funnily enough, he didnt complain !!!! :rolleyes:

A wee while after, I took everyone back to the snack bar for a celebratory Haggis special...Beer was not on the menu...well not till now anyway !!!!!

We also got a few nice mackeral....and to finish the weekend, Davy found some Slowworms feasting on a Wood Ants nest !!!! :thumbs:

So, there you go, one of the happiest days I have ever had ...and ANOTHER big thanks to especially, Davy, and also Jabee for the help...

BTW, Forgot to say, It was measured and the OLD size chart was used !! :)

220lber-common-skate044.jpg

220lber-common-skate047.jpg

220lber-common-skate073.jpg

220lber-common-skate076.jpg

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Norrie .. fantastic fish !! :thumbs::thumbs:

If you'd like a little work done on your pictures, get in touch.

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

220lber-common-skate044-1s.jpg

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Well done Uncle Norrie :) Cracking fish M8 about time all the same;)

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Norrie I am really pleased for you :thumbs: well done mate. :thumbs: Aye the big ones do "hang on a bit".

I know that they do find your weak spot Norrie.I am reasonably fit and strong for my age and regularly weight train but I found that when I got into my third fish on the first day it was just starting to hurt a little.

I found that the small of my back was getting a bit hammer.Also a burn in my forearms. I suppose the fact that my second fish of the day a male 124lb I took bareback did not help!!!

Norrie :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: over the moon for you mate.It has been a long time coming.Also well done to the skipper :thumbs: Davy "I'll be back" - if its ok!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Aug 26 2007, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:angry::clap2: No doubt he'll use it as an excuse to sink a few drams. :clap2:

since when did Norrie need a excuse to sink a few drams....................but very well done m8. :thumbs:

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Norrie, BLOODY well done you bugger you!! And thanks Dave for doing it for him too!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))