Don't shop at Asda Mr M.

gozzer

I have no problem with bays for the genuinely disabled, as opposed to those abusing the blue badges every man and his dog seems to get for their relatives' alleged disabilities. What I do object to is the parent and child spaces. By all means have wide spaces for them, but why on earth do they have to be near the shop? Aren't parents and their children, almost by definition, young, able bodied and perfectly capable of walking across a car park? If they didn't choose to drive those ridiculous Chelsea tractors they would be able to use normal sized spaces anyway.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't parents and their children, almost by definition, young, able bodied and perfectly capable of walking across a car park?

On the way into the supermarket, probably yes. On the way out? Perhaps not. Have you ever tried coping with a baby, a fully loaded shopping trolley and a stroppy toddler or two? First they have to negotiate the muppets who have parked so close they can't get the doors open properly or allow them room to park their trolley out of the main flow of traffic. Then they have to unload said children and shopping, all the time avoiding passing cars.

It's a long time since I had to do it, but I well remember the stress!

Janet

Guest Brumagem Phil

The difference is janet, a disabled person is that way through no choice of their own but parents have kids because they want to. Why should they have priority in a car park over me?

Having said that, I don't use the mother and toddler spaces if I shop in the day out of politeness but when I do my weekly shop at around 1am on a friday night, of course I use them. Anyone trying to hand me a fine at that time in the morning would likely get a thick ear! <_<

Shopping that late and using the wider spaces also means I get to keep a trolley dink free car!

On the whole though I'd be happy to see some law enforcement around the car parks as some people do take the p*ss.........it would need to be someone with some common sense though rather than some two bit jobsworth.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

The difference is janet, a disabled person is that way through no choice of their own but parents have kids because they want to. Why should they have priority in a car park over me?

Having said that, I don't use the mother and toddler spaces if I shop in the day out of politeness but when I do my weekly shop at around 1am on a friday night, of course I use them. Anyone trying to hand me a fine at that time in the morning would likely get a thick ear! <_<

Shopping that late and using the wider spaces also means I get to keep a trolley dink free car!

On the whole though I'd be happy to see some law enforcement around the car parks as some people do take the p*ss.........it would need to be someone with some common sense though rather than some two bit jobsworth.

Law Enforcement around the car parking at Asda!!!! ....do me a favour I would like to see some law enforcement on the streets :rolleyes:

No leave this sort of thing to Quote..... ''Two Bit Jobsworth''

eh Phil,?

At least if you gave one of these people with Quote... no common sense a Quote... ''Thick Ear'' you probably wouldn't end up in quite so much strife.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Law Enforcement around the car parking at Asda!!!! ....do me a favour I would like to see some law enforcement on the streets :rolleyes:

LOL, ok you got me there! :rolleyes:

There is a device in each car that can control whether to park wrongly in a disabled bay,

it's called the driver!

If the device is functioning correctly there shouldn't be a problem :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there are a lot of disfunctional drivers in my area, my wife is disabled and finds walking painful.

I suppose it's my own fault for living in such an affluent area where courtesy is virtually non existant. Our disabled bays are full of 4x4's, mercs and bmw's.

It's a sad reflection of todays society I'm afraid,but hey, those less courtious drivers will be old or disabled one day.

Ron.

Off topic so my apologies but seeing CactusJack made me think of the NASA photo of the day.

The image is on http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html but since it will change at midnight, I've borrowed a copy to post.

Saguaro Moon - Credit: Stefan Seip (Astro Meeting) http://www.photomeeting.de/astromeeting/_index.htm

saguaroMoon_seip800.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quite right as well i have had one run in with a tw*t using a disabled bay in asda , so i blocked the car in and told the asda staff

who called the local plod and guess what yep she was an off duty traffic cop. her excuse she was in a hurry ,

she told me it wouldn't stick in a court of law , so i called my cousin to deal with it she was severely reprimanded , smart biatch thought because she was a cop she would be ok,

wrong my cousin is her boss :busted_cop::busted_cop:

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Off topic so my apologies but seeing CactusJack made me think of the NASA photo of the day.

The image is on http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html but since it will change at midnight, I've borrowed a copy to post.

Saguaro Moon - Credit: Stefan Seip (Astro Meeting) http://www.photomeeting.de/astromeeting/_index.htm

Come on Newt this is serious We are talking car parking in Asda or better known as Wal-Mart to you :rolleyes:

Oh! and did you know that Wal-Mart car parks have a huge number of homicides, (not the car parks but the people in them) Reckon we could have found the reason...mother and baby vigilantes :thumbs:

Edited by Rabbit

This should make a few people happy, (and upset a few others) :rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/20...89520-19848563/

John.

So when was the law changed to allow private companies to levy "fines" ??

Asda can stick whatever bits of paper they like on car windscreens in thier car park, but it's not going to hold up in front of a judge!

Mat

Mat