Cheaper petrol

Peter Waller

>>> PLEASE READ ALL

>>> See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

>>>

>>> We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced

>>> with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

>>>

>>> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day

>>> campaign that was going around last April or May!

>>> The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't

>>> continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

>>> It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

>>> BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can

>>> really work.

>>> Please read it and join in!

>>>

>>> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to

>>> think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive

>>> action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

>>> With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to

>>> take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come

>>> down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

>>> And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

>>> Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol

>>> from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

>>> If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce

>>> their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will

>>> have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally

>>> millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

>>> Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading! and I'll

>>> explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

>>> I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at

>>> least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten

>>> more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches

>>> the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION

>>> consumers!

>>> If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends

>>> each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one

>>> level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

>>> Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and

>>> not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?

>>> If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of

>>> receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within

>>> the next 8days!!!

>>> Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you,

>>> please pass this message on.

>>> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES

>>> It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your

>>> petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.

>>> boycott BP and Esso

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to say it will never work.

Why?

PEAK OIL

The slightest hic up in the oil industry is now reflecting on world wide supply because world wide we now require more refined fuel than is being produced.

The only alternative is to use some other form of fuel or transport.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

101.9 in our local Tescos.

Edit: Sorry that's diesel, don't know petrol price probably one or two pence less.

I don't think it will work either.

It should do in theory, but I have no idea how you would get the British public to co-operate in a scheme such as this, they are, in general, just too apathetic.

Edited by ayjay

Why is fuel nearly allways sold in .9 of a 'p'. I don't remember the last time i see a half 'p' let alone .9 why does the gov let the companies do this when there was a huge row because people wanted to continue selling goods by the lb and not in kilo's. :mellow:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It really doesn't matter where you get your petrol from.

The only thing that would really work is to buy less of it.

- Don't use the car unless you really have to

- Keep the speed down

- Move off smoothly and build up speed more slowly.

- Think ahead and let the car slow down without braking, ie when approaching queues at traffic lights, intersections etc

- Keep a good distance between you and the car ahead to avoid having to brake.

- Get fit, lose weight, walk and cycle whenever you can.

- Feel good about lessening the amount of CO2 that you are responsible for and the fact that the petrol companies are losing out on not selling you so much petrol, and the government are not getting the associated taxation revenue, and you aren't risking having to fork out for speeding fines.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

99.9 in my local if it goes beyond that it closes the pumps only go to 99.9 ,sainsburies were 98.9 the last time i visited it ,my bike when bought in 2000 cost £1.72 for a tank full i put £2 in the other day and got just over half a tank!!!

the real price of petrol is reasonable without the tax which ofcourse those in government that enforce it don't pay for :angry: :angry:

when a mere MP can get claim and get away with 49 thousand pounds for postage then petrol tax is nothing.

if the dollar falls the price rises to compensate so blame Newt ;)

tax on petrol has nothing to do with "green" issues its merely to obtain tax from those that can't do without their cars ,whilst its fairly easy to do without them in cities in the country they just cannot be done without in everyday lives.i save money by using the bike but no way is my mrs capeable of walking 4 miles to the nearest public transport and if she could why should she in the 21st century ,the nearest garage is 3.5 miles away and totally due to the tax on petrol forcing small garages out of business.there used to be 5 garages within 2 miles now theres none.

now theve punished those in the country there starting on london in a few years if your diesel engine doesent come up to recent EU standards then you will be fined £100 a day to use it ,if its based or stored within the perimeter of the M25 (i think) you will be charged the same whether you use it or not!!

you may think it ok but if you own say an 10 year old motorhome (not old by any means) you will be caught with your pants down and 10 year old diesels in anything are usually far from the end of their lives.

next no doupt will come pre 92 petrol engines

red ken doesent give a fig he can use public funds to get taken anywhere he pleases as can all the rest of those crooks we elect (well you do)

punishing the suppliers wont do anything they make just a few pence per gallon its the tax that needs attacking

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, but it won't work I'm afraid. When I was a student I worked as a cashier in a Shell station that was by far the most expensive in our area. The fact is that the majority of customers just didn't care how dear it was because their companies were paying for it. All the drivers care about are the freebies that the big companies offer. If their company has to pay for a thousand pound's worth of overpriced petrol so that they could collect enough points to get a stainless flask worth a fiver then so be it. It's only when you work in a garage that you realise how much more these guys use. The private customers might put a tenner in every week, the company drivers are putting forty quid in every couple of days.

This old chesnut has been rolling round the Internet since before the "petrol strikes".

With the amount of the fuel price that is Tax, boycotting a specific brand(s) of petrol is totally ineffective.

The Government control the price of fuel, not the oil companies.

Just shop around and buy you fuel at the cheapest local source.

The next "cut and paste" we will see, will be the one imploring everyone to join pipelinecard.org and get cheaper petrol by flashing their card.

Its only when you read the small print do you find out that they have not been able to convince any retailer of fuel to join their scheme. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Anyone got the recipe for mixing vegie oil with fuel oil to make it go further. B) Is it legal.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..