Organised Firework Displays

Ken L

Setting fireworks off in the street is illegal. Setting them off after 11.00PM is illegal. Using them as a weapon or to deliberatly cause a nuicance is illegal.

None of these laws are effectivly policed or enforced and that's the problem rather than firorks being available to the general public.

As ever, the knee jerk reaction is to add more laws rather than implementing the ones we have and when the new law is as sweeping as the one suggested by Rabbit or the total ban on guns that followed events like Hungerford, not only is the responce disproportionate, affecting people who previously did what they did responsibly and safely, it's also another errosion of our culture.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting fireworks off in the street is illegal. Setting them off after 11.00PM is illegal. Using them as a weapon or to deliberatly cause a nuicance is illegal.

None of these laws are effectivly policed or enforced and that's the problem rather than firorks being available to the general public.

As ever, the knee jerk reaction is to add more laws rather than implementing the ones we have and when the new law is as sweeping as the one suggested by Rabbit or the total ban on guns that followed events like Hungerford, not only is the responce disproportionate, affecting people who previously did what they did responsibly and safely, it's also another errosion of our culture.

And as is shown by the ever increasing number of firearms offences banning legally held firearms did virtually nothing to reduce crime and most likely the banning of fireworks would have a similar effect, as already stated the laws are already in place to deal with illegal criminal acts using fireworks its just that they are seldom if ever enforced properly. Banning things just because you don't agree with them is part of a slippery slope down hill, we've already seen groups calling for the banning and burning of childrens books that don't have the compulsory happy ending in case they upset the delicate minds of the children, well it seems to me the last group of people who were involved in banning and burning books also corrupted the use of the swastika amongst other things. The blanket banning of things is generally the response of sort of people who have an open mouth but a closed mind.

Edited by snakey1

So, the world according to Rabbit states that if a few idiots misuse anything, then it should be taken away from those who made perfectly sensible and lawful use of it. We shouldn't punish the unlawful few, but the law-abiding majority should have their privileges taken away "just in case"

Great. How do we vote for you as PM?

Not saying ban this ban that at all, but when I cant hire out a chain saw without a licence etc, or ride a moped without a helmet, drive a car without a seatbelt, but I can by explosives from the corner shop then can't you see the madness in that?

Been a bit quiet on here lately Elton...makes a nice change to shopping talk.

And as is shown by the ever increasing number of firearms offences banning legally held firearms did virtually nothing to reduce crime and most likely the banning of fireworks would have a similar effect, as already stated the laws are already in place to deal with illegal criminal acts using fireworks its just that they are seldom if ever enforced properly. Banning things just because you don't agree with them is part of a slippery slope down hill, we've already seen groups calling for the banning and burning of childrens books that don't have the compulsory happy ending in case they upset the delicate minds of the children, well it seems to me the last group of people who were involved in banning and burning books also corrupted the use of the swastika amongst other things. The blanket banning of things is generally the response of sort of people who have an open mouth but a closed mind.

Nothing like going OTT in you analogy ''Open mouth mind closed.''..whats with the burning chiildrens books and swastikas thing what relevance is that? Or do you prefer to accuse a sensible response by sensible people as merely crack pot PC do gooders?

Makes your argument seem more credible does it?

Nothing like going OTT in you analogy ''Open mouth mind closed.''..whats with the burning chiildrens books and swastikas thing what relevance is that? Or do you prefer to accuse a sensible response by sensible people as merely crack pot PC do gooders?

Makes your argument seem more credible does it?

Bit like calling fireworks 'explosives' only in the hands of mindless morons who ignore instruction and use them for a purpose that they was not intended for. There are laws against that, but it is the fault of policing that is the downfall to the detriment of the public's enjoyment.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

My goodness.

Why?

Kids have enjoyed making things go BOOM for lots of years and the real idiots remove themselves from the gene pool which has to be a good thing.

Well said Newt! I think we should have a ban on folks like Rabbit and CatcusJack banning things!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Religion.

Lots of people seem to enjoy it without causing harm to others.

Some followers are really annoying as anyone whos ever lives near a Salvation Army hut or been visited by the Mormons or Jehova's witnesses will attest.

A few of them blow people up or murder doctors.

Now, I may think they're a bunch of deluded fools and I'd like to see strict controls and limitations of the power that these people have to influence and indoctrinate children but I wouldn't want to see a ban.

Morris Dancers.

Much the same (except for the blowing people up and murdering doctors) and I wouldn't like to see them banned either.

Shooting.

I'm not keen on rearing birds in huge numbers to be released, shot and then bulldozed into the ground on some idiotic estate shoot but most farm shoots are a world away from that and an awfull lot of people enjoy their participation in these. Not only that, but the countryside would be a very different place without the hedgerows, spinneys and fields of cover grops that are there purely to shelter game birds.

No, I wouldn't ban shooting.

Comercial fisheries. Overstocked fishing lakes where many of the fish have no lips and the entire stock is netted out and replaced every few years just so people can keep on catching.

Start talking about blanket ban as a way of dealing with a specific problem and things have a way of getting close to home very quickly.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Bit like calling fireworks 'explosives' only in the hands of mindless morons who ignore instruction and use them for a purpose that they was not intended for. There are laws against that, but it is the fault of policing that is the downfall to the detriment of the public's enjoyment.
Trouble is there more mindless morons around then ever before, you would need treble the amount of police to keep them under control. l repeat nothing at all wrong with fireworks, in the right hands,
Well said Newt! I think we should have a ban on folks like Rabbit and CatcusJack banning things!
Ahh bless still sucking up then ?:lol:

i love fireworks but id like to see stricter rules on underage hoodies/youths/genetic throwbacks buying them(even though most of the throwbacks parents give them freely too them):(

i once played NEO from the matrix films, i once dodged a rocket that went right past my face (inches) and exploded about a foot from me.

it was launched from an alleyway by a 5yr old who ran quickly away!!

i love blowing s*it up like the next man,but some parents/shops should do more to stop the braindeads from using or even touching them..

one year i let my cat out without thinking 5 minutes before hell broke loose, and GOD it sounded like something from a warzone.

i found my cat creeping out of a hedge cover`d in leaves where he had buried his as$, and he probably prayed for his life..

my fault really but if these things were restricted to open fields(not many here that are close enough to scare my cats)then it would be allot better..

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg