Organised Firework Displays

Ken L

Personally I think fireworks should be banned, fullstop.
Personally, I think that folks that folks that want to ban thinks should be banned.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it, only sensible replies will be tolerated.
Sieg Heil Mien Führer. Stick your ban where the monkey stuffs his nuts Rabbit.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

C'mon newt, you is still here my man!!!! :P:D

As is a lad I was at school with who started blowing things up at the age of 12 (mainly locks off doors). He progressed to telephone boxes (using home-made plastic explosive) at 16, and finished off with his own bedroom (luckily for him he wasn't there at the time) at 18.

I lost touch with him went he went to university, but I understand that he's now a respected Civil Engineer (and probably still blowing things up). :D

blowing inanimate things up is a healthy progression to manhood,so long as it harms no-one its fine .

cutting trees down using explosives is kinder to the planet i recon :D

no eyebrows! the sign of a man ,no fingers the sign of an ape pretending to be a man.

using roman candles as a form of combat was a regular affair about this time and no deaths (maybe an eyebrow) and i bet they were better than modern squibs :D

the difference was our battlefield was a field not the street ,pipe guns (even a mortar) were used and rockets fired from a tube (without a stick) fun.

just last year i fired 6 rockets (holding the plastic launching tube and aiming it) at one cormorant ,no dead corm but no hair on back of one my hands either,harmless fun.

even the corm probably found it amusing as i slunk off out of ammo

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If anyone knows where there are organised displays this year in Walsall, Solihull or anywhere else in the Midlands, can you please post them here as this thread is receiving loads of visitors today searching for them and I don't have a clue?!!

There's just the one in Birmingham and it's tonight.

The one for Sandwell has gone - it was on 01.11.08 in Dartmouth Park.

Walsall has gone as well. It was on Sunday 02.11.08 at Walsalll Arboretum.

There's nothing in Solihull as far as I can see.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A bit harsh even for you Newt. I am trying to think of a just one good reason for not banning fireworks err nope cant think of one right now.

Thing is Newt fireworks in the wrong hands which are normally teenagers intent on causing maximum discomfort for folk, two weeks before the 5th and about two weeks after.

About 20 miles north of where I live one fireman is dead and three are missing as a result of a warehouse blaze, arson is suspected, try telling you think explosives should be allowed to sold legally to every nutter to the family of those fireman.

Try telling it to the shopkeeper who had a commercial firework display of 500 rockets set off in his small shop, putting him and his young child at risk.Try telling it to the old people who are terrorised by thugs with fireworks, not to mention the animals who are scared witless.

Don't get me wrong Newt if you find the need to defend your ill thought out comment I do support controlled firework displays run by trained people, but I do not support the mass availability of fireworks to the public.

Think about it, only sensible replies will be tolerated.

Hello Rabbit,

when I was a nipper guy Fawlks night was one of my favourite times of year I loved a small display of fireworks in the garden let of by my Dad, The bonfire, building a Guy and then tourching the poor Sod on said bonfire (Barbaric) realy but fun,sparklers,Spuds done in the ashes and Sausages and beans off a paper plate in the cold. and foggy mornings next day Lots of kids still enjoy that.

you are right about the louts and the Danger simply applieing for a licence to buy fire works a week before the fifth from the town hall for a fiver and restricting sales to licence holders only would soon put the lid on it, either by killing off the tradition all together or controling it to sensible usage.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Sieg Heil Mien Führer. Stick your ban where the monkey stuffs his nuts Rabbit.

Desperate times having to troll through year old posts to pick a fight with Rabbit..wassup Doc the man of the cloth won't fight with you....saddo :D

Desperate times having to troll through year old posts to pick a fight with Rabbit..wassup Doc the man of the cloth won't fight with you....saddo :D
TBH I didn't notice it was an old thread. I don't 'fight' with The Flying Tench, he seems to be a reasonable bloke to me, and he doesn't want to go around banning things.

TBH I didn't notice it was an old thread. I don't 'fight' with The Flying Tench, he seems to be a reasonable bloke to me, and he doesn't want to go around banning things.

He is a reasonable' bloke' The Rev John Clark, and a good Christian and man to boot, perhaps his beliefs don't concur with yours but does not harangue you I think.

Never been a one for banning things, only annoying little insects perhaps that make me itch :slap:

He is a reasonable' bloke' The Rev John Clark, and a good Christian and man to boot, perhaps his beliefs don't concur with yours but does not harangue you I think.

Never been a one for banning things, only annoying little insects perhaps that make me itch :slap:

Apart from fox hunting and fireworks.