• Just fish
    • Fish and shoot
    • Fish and hunt
    • Fish, shoot and hunt

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D foxes arn't silly ,our local one walks past hordes of rabbits (who just keep half an eye on it) a minute or so later the nearby chickens start and he saunters back with one.he's saving the rabbits for leaner times :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No mate not silly, my old granddaddy used to say that the were 'cunning'.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Budgie, I live a five minute walk from young Jimmy Mizzens Frount door the memororial at the place where he died has just been taken away. just a string of crossess remain hung on the railings near where he died being held by his distraught big brother , The Kensella lad a ten minute Drive to Sidcup he was cellibrateing doing well in his Exams ,Steven lawrence's mother is a famliy friend of the the wife Stephan was an aspiring architecht,I drive past the estate that young Damelolla Taylor died some times on the way to work I think he was Ten, Ashford in miles is not much of a drive from me maybe 40 minutes But it may as well be a million miles away as far as your informed post is concerned, I live in a comunity that is blighted by the deaths of innocent teenagers, that was a very sweeping statement that you opend your post with,

Some of the youngsters (a few) are not sqeaky clean but there is no death sentance in this country but they piad it. But the MAJORITY where good kids with good parents, and were victems of mindless crime, I can not for the life of see how the Hunting of foxes has spawnd comparrisons to street killings in our Citys,

You dont gve me any credit their mate.I dont base my opinions on seepy Ashford at all.I base them on 20 years of working club and pub doors in the south east of England. also base the comments on young black youths,gang violence on living for the much greater part of the year (for several years now) in Mitcham. If you care to research you wil find there have been several such assults and killings in the Mitcham,Tooting and Streatham area.I wont take you to task as you were obvously not to know this.

One thing though that I pride myself on during the years that I have been using this forum is that if I offer a guess I will let people know that it is a guess,if I dont know then will ask.If I have no experience of something I wont comment.BUT if I do state something it is ALWAYS based on personel experience. also resent the "I know,my wife knows,a bloke down the pubs sisters friend knows" routine.

I dont just "know" Ive been there Ive had countless kids bleeding their lifes away outside night clubs in front of me and also sadly one young lad in the streety less than a 100m from his own door with a chair leg in his chest.But as said you wasnt to know this.

I didnt personally know any of the people you mentioned who died...I did know plenty of others though.The ones you mention may have been inocent victims I dont know if you know all the information leading up to their deaths or are simply assumng their innocence. On the other hand I know that many of the "victms" Ive seen allthough not deserving to die have been far from "innocent" Sad but true. Be it drugs, turf wars, gang feuding or just being an anti social **** most have brought on the situation by their actions be they direct or indirect. And I bet none of their Mums knew their beloved sons were drugs pushers,street thugs etc etc and even if they did would not admit so. No not all are guilty but neither are all inocent.

Ive seen and lived this Sh1te and not justy read it in the papers,seen it on Jeremy Kyle or heard the laments of a loving mother. But as I said you werent to know.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

neither can i FB.

it does appear that some put the same value on an animals life(fox),as that of a human.(child in some cases)

Yes it may seem to have wandered off topc a bit but the reason it has done so is obviously some of us think that modern attitudes to hunting/killing and the behaviour of todays youth are linked (or can draw links). Never really thought about it untill I read the informed posts from some of our hunting devotees. Certainy made me waver on my anti hunting stance.

Yes it may seem to have wandered off topc a bit but the reason it has done so is obviously some of us think that modern attitudes to hunting/killing and the behaviour of todays youth are linked (or can draw links). Never really thought about it untill I read the informed posts from some of our hunting devotees. Certainy made me waver on my anti hunting stance.
Maybe we should set a 21:00-06:00 curfew for under 18s, and patrol the streets in pickups, 'lamping' any curfew breakers ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

ive never been anti hunting, but i certainly feel better informed, after reading some of the hunters posts as well budgie. :thumbs:

Maybe we should set a 21:00-06:00 curfew for under 18s, and patrol the streets in pickups, 'lamping' any curfew breakers ;)

Cory, when a youth thought it would be good to break and climb in my kitchen window at 2 in the morning (he wasnt bright enough to realise I was still up watching TV but with no lights on) I thought (as I cant run too fast now) I would try a bit of "hunting with hounds".........

I opened the door woke Mr Cosworth (my 11 stone Bull Mastff/ Alsation cross) from his slumber and release the "dog of war" he promptly ran over to the other sde of the road and pi$$ed on my neighbours best rose bush!

Mind you he barked his ****** off at the Police when they arrived! :rolleyes:

My eldest son lives in Mitcham, as did I many moons ago. I know of (i.e. they are friends of friends) at least three that have been killed in and around Mitcham, all of them lived by the sword, and died by it. Not saying they deserved it mind, but I don't think the word innocent could be used with a straight face.

Geoff

:D foxes arn't silly ,our local one walks past hordes of rabbits (who just keep half an eye on it) a minute or so later the nearby chickens start and he saunters back with one.he's saving the rabbits for leaner times :D

The three way man/fox/chicken thing aint just a country thing anymore.At my Mtcham address we had four hens for eggs last year...well untill one of the kids forgot to put them away one night! You certainly see far more fox's in London than you do n carrot crunching Ashford! And bold with it they are to! Still got a soft spot for them though :rolleyes:

7 new hens now in a high security lock up run with hut inside! even got the wire going a few foot down below ground and old metal plate beneath the floor! One of the grls was the main hen over and infact loves all animals (as the pack of dogs, cats and rabbitts shows!) she was really upset when the foxs got the last lot and if it happened again it wouldnt take much foe even an annimal lover like her to pick up a gun.

I mentioned that as it shows the difference between say me (who had no attachment to the hens so thought the local foxs were ok) and someone who cared for the hens...as Im sure the farmer who shoots foxs to protect his brds etc does. m kind of saying that even though I choose not to kill the fox I shouldnt condem those who do if its for a reason.Every thing is relative.