AN Wobblethon - 24th February 2008

Anderoo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there. I will be static, the creaky knees aren't up to rambling around these days so it will probably be one rod on the feeder and/or float with a pike rod out with a dead bait. As I mentioned previously if anyone wishes to do the same and does not have pike tackle I can supply rod, reel traces and netplus some bait to kick off with. If I can catch some smaller roach it may be worth trying a dead un for zander or pike. I can also bring along the mashing tackle and a gas ring with the added bonus of a frying pan and bacon, i do enjoy my fishing!!! Looking forward to meeting you all. Anderoo, you have a PM

I may come and take some photos, but don't let that put anyone off :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

AndrewGot your pm, the 'car park' is reached by the track that runs parallel to the cut off and it is just over the flood bank. If you use the link below then zoom in you can see the A10 bridge over the Cut Off, the track is clearly visible and when you have once located that you zoom right in. There is room for that many cars but they could be spread out especially if it really wet as it can be some what muddy. An alternative meeting point might be at the Fordham bridge where there is hard surfaced car park that is more than big enough, as you can see the lane off the A10 is the access and that is just up the road to the north and is signed to Fordham. The Cut Offers could fish from that point (I reckon it is around 800 yards down to the A10 bridge and would provide a nice walk up and then back again for the lure fishing types) and those who want to try the Wissey would have just over half a mile to drive to the ajacent layby (see the map). I have posted the reply here so that everyone can see the map, that should save you having to send out details to everyone. For ythose who decide to fish in the Wissey you should note that there is NO fishing allowed from the A10 bridge upstream through the village of Hilgay. http://maps.live.com/?v=2&where1=Hilga...m&encType=1Odd, the link was cut short for some strange reason, here it is again.http://maps.live.com/?v=2&where1=Hilga...m&encType=1

Afternoon folks, can I just check that everyone on the list is still coming? Once people are confirmed I can start sending out the info on directions, parking, bits of water we can fish, etc.

How does an 8.30am start sound? Will that give everyone enough time to get there?

Tony, are you still planning on doing some kind of mulled wine/kelly kettle thing at the end? Any preference on what time that should be?

hi anderoo

i think i'll let someone else go in my place if theres a reserve list

i broke my leg b4 xmas and am still in plaster . i dont know how fit im going to be or if i can even drive come the 24th feb so would rather let some one else fish.

ill be 1st down on the list if theres another one tho , good luck all

hi anderoo

i think i'll let someone else go in my place if theres a reserve list

i broke my leg b4 xmas and am still in plaster . i dont know how fit im going to be or if i can even drive come the 24th feb so would rather let some one else fish.

ill be 1st down on the list if theres another one tho , good luck all

Sorry to hear that, hope you get fixed up again soon. Thanks for letting me know :)

Will Wilkinson, that means you're on the list, if you still want to come?

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'll be there, I'll bring my Kelly as well.Will
That's what I like to hear! :D Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music