Wingham Fish-In 2008

Steve Burke

For what its worth Im quite prepared to come over to the fishin even if I dont fish because people have put their names down and help anyone out who isnt confident with what they are doing.I havnt got lots of experience on the water but am pretty experienced on the type of fishing required.I also have loads of gear that can be used.Had a couple of nice fish from there so I am confident that the tactics I use work and believe you me theres nothing that clever about them!

Good point made as well about it not being a bunch of computer geeks! just a bunch of guys fishing. First time I met anyone from AN was many years ago at a Pike Teach In Lynn organised down at Wraysbury.I really didnt know what to expect but when I turned up I was pleasantly supprised.Despite the fact that I was doing the teaching I still had a great time and as said its good to meet people youve been chatting to.Also its strange how once youve actually met some one you are more (difficult to word this) open to any new suggestions/oppinion that they may post.Either Elton or old Gerry mentioned this to me as well once before.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I remember, don't worry if you're not very mobile. We run a taxi service of tractors/trailers and 4x4s on demand to/from your swim. I also ask on the questionnaire if you'd prefer to be near the entrance.

Budgie, many thanks for the offer. Hopefully you'll be fishing though!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You were "otherwise occupied" when the keel was being laid but will not be needed when the ship is launched and as the timing works out, your blessed event will be several months old by May so a celebratory fishing weekend will be in order.

LOL, here's hoping but I doubt the other half will want me hundreds of miles away before the little one is sleeping through the night. From what I'm told that's going to be at least three months.

I'm toying with the idea of a weeks holiday somewhere in the area though...............

Rob - while age 2 mos is a bit young to start fishing, even by my standards, it is a fine age to begin camping.

Get a 3 person shelter and bring them along.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Rob - while age 2 mos is a bit young to start fishing, even by my standards, it is a fine age to begin camping.

The Old Fellas right Rob (er as he often is) They love the camping bit at that age! Its a real good starter to get them into the idea of going fishing. At that young age both my Grandson and youngest Daughter were far more easily occupied whilst on the bank than they are now!

Just tie a bit of rope round them!

As for needing a bigger bivvy at that age they take up less room than my dog! Charlotte was once asked where she most liked living and sleeping and told her teachers the most marvelous home in the world was Daddy's "fishing house"! When asked where the "fishing house" was she really confused them by saying "by the side of the lake of course!","which one?", "all of them!" :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

After two years of not being able to attend due to work I hope that 2008 will be different.

My business partner has a holiday booked in May so I`m just praying that it doesn`t coincide with the fish-in.

Be great to meet up with you guys and have a good social weekend.

wolf.gif

• 2 weeks later...
What about me? ;);):thumbs::thumbs:

Ditto to you too, Andrew!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net