Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

I try not to believe what is rammed down our throats everyday. I was assured by the government of their stringent security policy with the HMRC and look what happened with that!!!!!!

Believing what the government and the'experts' tell you is mostly a waste of time these days.

My father died of a massive heart attack 4 years ago aged 44 , he smoked upto 40 a day , then one day he said that's it and stopped. 7 years later he died in my arms , with the fitness regime he was on , the doctors told us that it was possibly down to the fact of his over exertion that night training. He was wearing a blood pressure monitor a few hours previous to his death which measured his heart rate and pressure. It showed 212 over 132.

Cause of death , myocardial infarction brought on by atheroscleroscis.

I asked our gp (who was a close friend of my fathers and attended the funeral)if smoking could have been the underlying problem , his words "don't believe everything you're told". His words , not mine.

Within weeks after his funeral , our gp called for the rest of my uncles (fathers side) for extensive tests suspecting that the 5 other brothers may have a hereditry disease. Nothing was found apart from slightly higher than normal bp's.

What does this tell me....? Smoking is a killer , maybe so. In my fathers case???

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That does not add up Leon, a very high number of people die from cancer, lung, kidney illnesses who have never smoked.

I was really surprised whilst I was in hospital at the number of heart ops being performed on non-smokers.

You only hear about non-smokers dying of these illnesses when they have celeb status and it is news.

We all complain about how figures are mis-used by a wide variety of organisations to suit their own needs and arguments and I am far from convinced by the smoking ban argument.

I am not saying it is healthy but I just don't swallow all the crap that is thrown at us by various lobbies.

I will give you a fine example of what I mean:

Cornish commercials produced figures to support their argument on bass mls and in truth kick our a***s into touch.

Now a very short time later they are going back on these figures which were cast in slabs of stone.

Just a very current example of how we are manipulated by figures.

Can i suggest you read the pdf in the link i posted in post 283 or maybe you don't believe anyone from the royal college of physicians either.

either.

Ken try reading this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinbu...ast/6986554.stm

and tell me how you would discredit the FACT that there has been a 17% reduction in hospital admissions for heart attacks year on year from March 2006 when the ban was introduced in Scotland, and a decrease of 20% amongst non-smokers!

Your just supporting my argument ONE SIDE OF THE COIN

Can i suggest you read the pdf in the link i posted in post 283 or maybe you don't believe anyone from the royal college of physicians either.

either.

And your just supporting my argument ONE SIDE OF THE COIN

And both arguments are there to support their's and your way of thinking, that is why you choose to use this information. It is also fashionable information currently, the same as the bass mls was and that one came home to rest very quickly.

Look back at the cholesterol argument on eggs, noted scientist stated cholesterol in eggs was bad for you and less than five years later they retracted, I could go on to give you hundreds of examples of like wise incorrect info.

If it is so bad why don't they take tobacco of the market and make it an illegal substance??

Maybe the powers that be are more corrupt than the smokers!!

Please remember I am not challenging the fundamental health issues, just the way that infomation can be applied.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Snakey1 - I think you've lost the plot, I as a non-smoker do not agree with the absolutely shameful way that smokers have been treated in this issue!!

After negotiations with all parties, the government drafted a workable law which would see smoking pubs and non-smoking food serving pubs.

Suddenly the smokers were told they were not allowed to smoke in any public building (except JAIL and the Houses of Parliament!). That includes WMC's, British Legion clubs, Bingo clubs etc.

Using your own paper telling me I am not right I quote:

STEPS EMPLOYERS COULD TAKE TO MINIMISE STAFF EXPOSURE TO SECONDHAND SMOKE.

Ask any service users or clients who are visited regularly not to smoke FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD prior to any pre-arranged visit AND during a visit.

If people DO smoke, ask that they limit their smoking to rooms where people will NOT be working and open windows in rooms where people are working to help clear second hand smoke!

The Unions agreed two hours would be the minimum period of time!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

There is an overall thumbs up to the ban in nearby Tewkesbury Kleinboet all the pubs report MORE takings and a far cleaner environment inside the pubs and clubs, Another spin off from the ban is that due to an increase number of tobacco addicts puffing out on the pavement there have been less rowdy behaviour reported to the police, no thats something your area could do with,.....every cloud (wheeze) has a silver lining, as they say Kleinboet

BTW in case you forgot I am a smoker, but not so selfish as to want to inflict my habit on others.

Right off to the bunker, hear some incoming flak on its way up the road. :headhurt:

Snakey1 - I think you've lost the plot, I as a non-smoker do not agree with the absolutely shameful way that smokers have been treated in this issue!!

After negotiations with all parties, the government drafted a workable law which would see smoking pubs and non-smoking food serving pubs.

Suddenly the smokers were told they were not allowed to smoke in any public building (except JAIL and the Houses of Parliament!). That includes WMC's, British Legion clubs, Bingo clubs etc.

Using your own paper telling me I am not right I quote:

STEPS EMPLOYERS COULD TAKE TO MINIMISE STAFF EXPOSURE TO SECONDHAND SMOKE.

Ask any service users or clients who are visited regularly not to smoke FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD prior to any pre-arranged visit AND during a visit.

If people DO smoke, ask that they limit their smoking to rooms where people will NOT be working and open windows in rooms where people are working to help clear second hand smoke!

The Unions agreed two hours would be the minimum period of time!

Sorry kleinboet i'm not the one losing the plot ,You said and i quote that a care worker won't enter your house if you smoke unless you've had the windows open for 2 hours. nowhere in either the tuc guide or the rcn guide does it say this, it does give in the rcn guide an example of ventilating the room or having a room that hasn't been smoked in for 1 hour but not having the windows open for 2 hours as you yourself stated. I suggest you read the guides again.

Oh yes and in one of my earlier posts i put a link to all the places that are exempt from the smoking ban and there was more than just prison and the houses of parliament(where smoking is banned anyway) so your wrong about that bit of info as well.

Edited by snakey1

If it is so bad why don't they take tobacco of the market and make it an illegal substance??

As ive said before there are approx 10 billion reasons why they won't ban smoking altogether

Maybe the powers that be are more corrupt than the smokers!!

Now thats something i can agree with you about

Worryingly i'm finding myself agreeing with rabbit :D

Edited by snakey1

There is an overall thumbs up to the ban in nearby Tewkesbury Kleinboet all the pubs report MORE takings and a far cleaner environment inside the pubs and clubs,

Again statements like that were coming out of Ireland a year or so back, not sure who put the info together but once again it is falling apart at the seams.

As ive said before there are approx 10 billion reasons why they won't ban smoking altogether

Could that be pounds?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist