Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

A slight deviation on the above thread (only slightly)

If as i say , the smoking in public places ban 'could' be the small snowflake that becomes an unstoppable avalanche and a full smoking ban were to become imposed , it's not impossible , what would it create for this country? Without the billions generated in duty from cigarettes , could this spell the end of our easy life.

Remember , however impossible the above scenario , it is POSSIBLE!!!! Who would have put money on a smoking in public places ban 40 years ago???

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I talk of a allweather roof, it is, basically the same type of roof as is on the pub. none of this corrugated iron nailed to a frame!

I don't think the pubs going to build you a nice red brick outhouse with some nice marley roof tiles kleinboet, you could ask for a thatched roof but it might be a bit of a fire hazard.really you should be thankful for the corrugated iron remember they don't actually have to supply you with anywhere to smoke.

Edited by snakey1

I don't think the pubs going to build you a nice red brick outhouse with some nice marley roof tiles kleinboet, you could ask for a thatched roof but it might be a bit of a fire hazard.really you should be thankful for the corrugated iron remember they don't actually have to supply you with anywhere to smoke.

I suppose they don't , but they're trying their damndest to keep hold of punters so are pretty much forced into building one.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

"remember they don't actually have to supply you with anywhere to smoke."

Mr M - I have kicked his arguments into touch, he is now reverting to type: We have got OUR ban, don't put up any argument about it!

I wonder if he will be one of the first to complain when the Summer comes and they want a 'smoke- free' outside to take his family to!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

"remember they don't actually have to supply you with anywhere to smoke."

Mr M - I have kicked his arguments into touch, he is now reverting to type: We have got OUR ban, don't put up any argument about it!

I wonder if he will be one of the first to complain when the Summer comes and they want a 'smoke- free' outside to take his family to!

Sorry kleinboet you haven't kicked anyones argument into touch and as i'm a smoker i'm quite happy to stand outside in the summer with the other smokers so that shoots your ideas about me down in flames really, you've got your ban you say what ban is that then? so far you've argued on against the ban because the govenment changed its mind(well that happens all the time) and i believe it was a free vote for the mps anyway and because the shelters for smokers can't have walls (well thats just wrong full stop) or nicely tiled roofs (i think your just being unrealistic there) and the funny thing is you don't even smoke where as i do.

you even stated in post 83 that a care worker cannot enter the home of smoker unless the windows have been open for 2 hours this is also wrong and here is the TUC's guidance on such TUC guidence leaflet for people working in the home. and this one from the RCN RCN guidance on protecting community staff from second hand smoke and in neither of them does it mention leaving the windows open for 2 hours so at least try and get your facts right.

Edited by snakey1

Wen you would probably be a fitter, healthier and happier person if you had never put that cigarette to your mouth, or had the perception to see the trap in which you had been ensnared, and the strength to escape before calamity overcomes you.

That does not add up Leon, a very high number of people die from cancer, lung, kidney illnesses who have never smoked.

I was really surprised whilst I was in hospital at the number of heart ops being performed on non-smokers.

You only hear about non-smokers dying of these illnesses when they have celeb status and it is news.

We all complain about how figures are mis-used by a wide variety of organisations to suit their own needs and arguments and I am far from convinced by the smoking ban argument.

I am not saying it is healthy but I just don't swallow all the crap that is thrown at us by various lobbies.

I will give you a fine example of what I mean:

Cornish commercials produced figures to support their argument on bass mls and in truth kick our a***s into touch.

Now a very short time later they are going back on these figures which were cast in slabs of stone.

Just a very current example of how we are manipulated by figures.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

That does not add up Leon, a very high number of people die from cancer, lung, kidney illnesses who have never smoked.

I was really surprised whilst I was in hospital at the number of heart ops being performed on non-smokers. ...

<some content snipped>

Ken try reading this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinbu...ast/6986554.stm

and tell me how you would discredit the FACT that there has been a 17% reduction in hospital admissions for heart attacks year on year from March 2006 when the ban was introduced in Scotland, and a decrease of 20% amongst non-smokers!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Ken try reading this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinbu...ast/6986554.stm

and tell me how you would discredit the FACT that there has been a 17% reduction in hospital admissions for heart attacks year on year from March 2006 when the ban was introduced in Scotland, and a decrease of 20% amongst non-smokers!

Nick , how can that statement possibly make sense??

Maybe if the survey had been carried out 5 years after the ban had been imposed then it would stand up.

People don't instantly stop having heart problems from the very moment a ban is introduced. It just dosen't make sense,,,,think about it!!

It's as daft as stating that a partial ban on car emissions has greatly decreased the threat of global warming........yes the partial ban would lower the threat but the results wouldn't be seen for many years to come. It dosen't wotk in the same principle as a light switch.

Edited by mr motorola

Nick , how can that statement possibly make sense??

Maybe if the survey had been carried out 5 years after the ban had been imposed then it would stand up.

People don't instantly stop having heart problems from the very moment a ban is introduced. It just dosen't make sense,,,,think about it!!

Speak to the medical profession! Read the literature!

Stopping smoking - primary or secondary - starts to have an impact from the moment the smoking ceases. The longer smoking has been stopped then the greater the effect, and the more noticeable theimpact will be. So yes, I have absolutely no doubt that the figures in 5 years time will be even more startling, but there has already been a massive impact.

The methodolgy looked at any other changes in lifestyle and found conclusively that the reduction was a direct result of the ban!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Speak to the medical profession! Read the literature!

Stopping smoking - primary or secondary - starts to have an impact from the moment the smoking ceases. The longer smoking has been stopped then the greater the effect, and the more noticeable theimpact will be. So yes, I have absolutely no doubt that the figures in 5 years time will be even more startling, but there has already been a massive impact.

The methodolgy looked at any other changes in lifestyle and found conclusively that the reduction was a direct result of the ban!

ahhh but....................................................................... :lol::lol: