Gods image.

gozzer

Well put, as we are seeing in this threat here is a presumption from some that those of us who reject the christian notion of god are without 'any' spirituality.
What's 'spirituality' Emma? I'm a sceptic as well as an atheist, I'm not convinced about 'spirituality' or souls either.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to get into a debate about that at this time, suffice to say that morals have changed in the last few years!! Britain, I read somewhere, are the leaders in trhe unmarried mother stakes.

A single parent and an unmarried mother (who openly state to the DSS that THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THE FATHER IS!) are two different things To wear clothing that shows as much of your bare midriff (ESPECIALLY when pregnant) that people can take - it's not the most attractive feature of a woman. The fing and blinding being used in GENERAL conversation (in public)

These are the new morals - and well dare anybody say anything about it, because you will get a mouthful of bad language in return!

How do you rationalise jumping from the church's homophobia to how some people construct their families and contemporary women's fashion which YOU don't happen to like? maybe some people don't like how you dress/present?

Whatever they are, gays and lesbians don't generally contribute to the unplanned pregnancy figures!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Keep it going guys…………it’s been one of the most enjoyable and funny threads that I’ve read in ages.!!

I hated RE at school and was thrown out (never interested me). One question though…

If the current acceptance to allow gays to be vicars / priests ,,,,whatever.. AND to allow gay weddings is allowed by the church and God but , on the other hand it is frowned upon by many and seen as disgusting and unholy……….what do the devil worshippers think of it all?

Is it proper that a man should have penetrative sex with a young boy , the man being (in some instances a priest / vicar / bishop)?? Does god allow this?

If it were in our make-up from this god bloke to have sex with a person of the same sex then wouldn’t he have made us hermaphrodites?

Don’t give me all that cock and bull story of ‘we are all born the same’ crap , if this god bloke would have thought that sex with the same was correct then why weren’t we?

Not only us humans either. There is no god , there is no better place , you’re born , you live , you die. Anyone with any evidence proving otherwise should contact Rampton security hospital.

Something fantastic happens and it’s an act of god , something terrible happens and ‘he moves in mysterious ways’…… my ar5e!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is what it is and what you make it, some people will inevitably alter your life with introductions and losses along the way , heart lifting and destructive too.

God and all the other deities that people believe in are exactly THAT .A belief cooked up many many years ago to inject hope and faith into people that may have fallen on very hard times , along the course of life these tales and stories have been told so many times that they are now seen as the truth.

Good reading by you lads , all the same.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

What's 'spirituality' Emma? I'm a sceptic as well as an atheist, I'm not convinced about 'spirituality' or souls either.

I will come back to you on that one, right now I am still constructing my responses to earlier posts. Please be assured that by 'spirituality' I don't mean 'spiritualsm'

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I will come back to you on that one, right now I am still constructing my responses to earlier posts. Please be assured that by 'spirituality' I don't mean 'spiritualsm'

Shame :lol: thought we had you wrong footed there :D:lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Didn't for a moment think you did Emma. I'll wait. Plenty of interesting stuff in here for now.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Not only us humans either. There is no god , there is no better place , you’re born , you live , you die. Anyone with any evidence proving otherwise should contact Rampton security hospital.

Something fantastic happens and it’s an act of god , something terrible happens and ‘he moves in mysterious ways’…… my ar5e!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is what it is and what you make it, some people will inevitably alter your life with introductions and losses along the way , heart lifting and destructive too.

God and all the other deities that people believe in are exactly THAT .A belief cooked up many many years ago to inject hope and faith into people that may have fallen on very hard times , along the course of life these tales and stories have been told so many times that they are now seen as the truth.

We may not agree on the merits of XP over Vista, but your spot on there Mr M. If someone had real EVIDENCE of the existence of supernatural beings would make a fortune mate. You'd win a Nobel Prize for that.

I hope I am not homophobic,

I am quite sure he would hang around the gay clubs, because he always hung out where the 'outsiders' were. I'd like to know how he would handle the 'church bit', too.

Thank you for at least taking the time to write a thoughtfull post. I do consider you position 'homophobic', and I imagine that you knew that I would. Being friendly with one gay individual is one thing, but to deny a couple the right to adopt on the basis that they both posess penises (or vaginas) is homophobic.

Of couse I also disagree that people, straight or gay should only be allowed to use their own bodies (for sex) after repeating the words of a priest acting as an agent of the invisible man in the sky.

Your homophobia is small scale compared with some of the whacky accusations heaped upon LGBT people by the church's heirarchy. For example a few years ago Carlisle and other part of the county suffered from significant flooding, this coincided with the launch of the project which I managed and the civil partnership law. The local bishop blamed gay people and a tolerant society for the flooding, in the following contemptable statement...

The floods that have devastated swathes of the country are God's judgment on the immorality and greed of modern society, according to senior Church of England bishops.

One diocesan bishop has even claimed that laws that have undermined marriage, including the introduction of pro-gay legislation, have provoked God to act by sending the storms that have left thousands of people homeless.

While those who have been affected by the storms are innocent victims, the bishops argue controversially that the flooding is a result of Western civilisation's decision to ignore biblical teaching.

The Rt Rev Graham Dow, Bishop of Carlisle, argued that the floods are not just a result of a lack of respect for the planet, but also a judgment on society's moral decadence.

The bishop, who is a leading evangelical, said that people should heed the stories of the Bible.

"We are in serious moral trouble because every type of lifestyle is now regarded as legitimate," he said.

"In the Bible, institutional power is referred to as 'the beast', which sets itself up to control people and their morals. Our government has been playing the role of God in saying that people are free to act as they want," he said, adding that the introduction of recent pro-gay laws highlighted its determination to undermine marriage.

"The sexual orientation regulations [which give greater rights to gays] are part of a general scene of permissiveness. We are in a situation where we are liable for God's judgment, which is intended to call us to repentance."

He expressed his sympathy for those who have been hit by the weather, but said that the problem with "environmental judgment is that it is indiscriminate".

Wynne-Jones, J. (2007 updated) Floods are judgment on society, say bishops. Daily Telegraph.co.uk

There are enough savages out there who take any opportunity to vent hate upon LGBT people without church bishops inciting extra reasons. The bishop was at best irresponsible and at worst criminal with his comments.

At work I was savagely verbally abused by a bible brandishing evangelical who literally foamed at the mouth as he screeched his hate message and declared me an 'abomination'.

Amongst other groups who the christians label abomination are the transgendered, astoundingly digging up a 'law' from the book of levicticus and applying it to a very modern group in that while there have always been people who have evaded or rejected their society's rules of gender allocation, the label 'transgender' is very new one.

Jesus wouldn't have had to hang out with 'outsiders' if society didn't make 'em outsiders in the first place.

Edited by Emma two

I am off to bed now as I am tired and am in pain. I was hoping that KB would get around to responding to the questions which I carefully 'framed within parameters' as he requested. Instead of introducing his judgemental opinion on how women should dress! Perhaps he would prefer us in the Nihab?

nihab.jpg

I am off to bed now as I am tired and am in pain. I was hoping that KB would get around to responding to the questions which I carefully 'framed within parameters' as he requested. Instead of introducing his judgemental opinion on how women should dress! Perhaps he would prefer us in the Nihab?

nihab.jpg

I must admit a beer belly with a shackle through the navel is not exactly what I call alluring. When I told my daughter in France about the way some young ladies dressed in the UK she thought that I was joking or exaggerating. Then she came over in the summer and saw for her self and she said in her best franglais "Your right Papa c'est gross".

The nihab shows a bit to much eyebrow for me, give me that good old burka any day of the week ;)