Gods image.

gozzer

LOT of mileage in this one eh?? BUT as far as I am concerned GOD created ALL of us in his OWN image!! So what does GOD look like??

LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!

As to IF he actually exists, does it REALLY matter?????

To those who DO believe he does exist and to those of us who DON'T believe he exists then for one side he doesn't and the other side is so completely bonkers whichever side of the fence you are on surely??

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kenl - nice balanced report, giving both sides of the argument (pity Emma2 didn't read it!)

How do you know that I didn't? or are you claiming to be a mystic too?

KB, giving these wooly, trying to sound wise responses can only keep you off the theological hook for a while before your case collapses. You get asked reasonable questions but evade them.

And I've not even started yet, unlike a lot of chrtistians, I KNOW my Bible. I also have a good understanding of science in general and I have a special interest in astrophysics, cosmology and molecular biology. Having said that, at least your not one of those tiresome young earth creationists Kleinboet, that should make things more interesting.

One thing though KB, not every argument has 'two sides' that deserve equal consideration. I science we go by the evidence, science is not a democracy, we don't vote on which idea we like best, and we are always ready to change our ideas based on any new evidence that arises.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hi Emma - I knew from your reply that you hadn't

In answer to your question - yes and no! Try putting parameters in your questions.

Mankind were born as omnivores, meaning that we eat meat, fish AND vegetation - so seeing as to how God made us that way, who are we to change it?

If people are using livebait for food - no problem! If they do it for "fun" it is not something that I would not do myself, but I am not going to ram my beliefs down their throat.

We are in a debate here where (hopefully) people are being open with their beliefs, so I am being open. I have not ANYWHERE said that you HAVE to follow what I believe in.

What you are trying to do is find a hole in my belief (which you are welcome to try) to justify your own non-belief, something that I would find impossible to do, as far as others with other beliefs are concerned!

How did you know that I hadn't? I may have written my response prior to reading it, or chose not to alter it even after I had. To be honest the way you cut and paste the posts instead of using the 'reply' makes it especially difficult to follow what you mean anyway.

If we are omnivores why did your god forbid you to kill? and bear in mind that it was you who introduded the notion of interpreting that as not just applying to humans.

Right I will frame my questions with what I belive are clear parameters for you, and invite you to answer with equal clarity.

Do you only use vegatable baits?

Are you a vegan?

If someone eats the body of an animal which someone else has killed for them, are they as guilty by implication as the killer?

why did you write this sentence? "I have not ANYWHERE said that you HAVE to follow what I believe in." If you don't want us to at least consdider the christian approach to kiling, then why ddi you introduce it in the 'hunting' thread at all?

Of couse I am pointing out the holes in christianity, and it's not really very difficult, rather is a prominent feature of the cult.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

How did you know that I hadn't? I may have written my response prior to reading it, or chose not to alter it even after I had. To be honest the way you cut and paste the posts instead of using the 'reply' makes it especially difficult to follow what you mean anyway.

If we are omnivores why did your god forbid you to kill? and bear in mind that it was you who introduded the notion of interpreting that as not just applying to humans.

Right I will frame my questions with what I belive are clear parameters for you, and invite you to answer with equal clarity.

Do you only use vegatable baits?

Are you a vegan?

If someone eats the body of an animal which someone else has killed for them, are they as guilty by implication as the killer?

why did you write this sentence? "I have not ANYWHERE said that you HAVE to follow what I believe in." If you don't want us to at least consdider the christian approach to kiling, then why ddi you introduce it in the 'hunting' thread at all?

Of couse I am pointing out the holes in christianity, and it's not really very difficult, rather is a prominent feature of the cult.

I did my share of bible bashing in my younger days, it was the only way our parents got any weekend peace :lol: and I seem to remember quite a bit of munching of meaty items and very little reference to vegan requirements :D I don't see meat eating as a hole in the religion.

The strange thing is when a topic comes up about religion Christianity always appears to be the main target to destroy :rolleyes: almost as if non-believers were afraid of it :o:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hell as if I would, no I said with the majority i.e. a general belief in a little bit of everything, it's known as hedging your bet :D:lol:
It's called Pascal's Wager and it's intellectually bankrupt.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't see meat eating as a hole in the religion.

The strange thing is when a topic comes up about religion Christianity always appears to be the main target to destroy :rolleyes: almost as if non-believers were afraid of it :o:D

It's true that most christians don't seem to see meat eating and killing animals as a contradiction to their belief. The reason I have picked up on it in the context of this discussion was that KB introduced it in the hunting thread.

I hope that I am strong enough to not 'fear' christianity. It's more that I find some of the actions carried out in it's name as repulsive.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

The nearer you get to the exit point the more you think about backing the more favourable numbers and letting the rest get on with it :D:lol:

I believe I have told the story of dear old Harry Earnshaw a Christian Scientist and faith healer. To reiterate I had a bad back due to picking up a heavy object and loosing my footing. I had done all quacks and the NHS but it was still playing me up. Harry noticed my discomfort and ask if he could help, being young a gullible I agreed after half hour which was mainly a conversation to put me at ease I walked away sorted. Never had a back pain since. How did it happen?

He never pushed the Christian side of the deal in fact it was some time before I realised that as a faith healer he was in fact a Christian Scientist. He taught me the power of self hypnosis and positive thinking without connecting them to any form of religion.

Hell as if I would, no I said with the majority i.e. a general belief in a little bit of everything, it's known as hedging your bet :D:lol:

Did dear Old Harry the Christian Scientist Faith Healer tell you that if according to his religion if one of his family were dying with some ailment and the laying on of hands did not work, if he had his way he would let them die, rather than seek medical help from a real doctor? Did he tell you that Christian Scientists don't accept the Germ Theory of disease, and that all ailments are caused by fear, ignorance, or sin?

http://www.masskids.org/dbre/dbre_9.html

It's called Pascal's Wager and it's intellectually bankrupt.

Your only saying that because you ain't got round to trying it yet :D give it time :rolleyes::D

I was flying into Tehran in the middle of one hell of a storm, purple runway lights well in sight and we hit one of those drop zones in the storm, down we go with engines screaming obscenities, yes I will admit to throwing around one or two very quick hail Mary's, it's bloody amazing how your attitude changes in situations like those. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

There was a thread about Prof Steve Jones's interview a couple of weeks ago. Link.

I think that in more than 150 years of seriously looking for any sort of hard evidence of any of the sort of "psychic" phenomina that you mention, we have found absolutely nothing that stands up to critical examination in controlled circumstances. As a result, I'm very strongly inclived to form the opinion that no such phenomina exist. Of course, I remain open minded and would change that opinion in the light of compelling evidence were it to be presented to me in a form that I could either reproduce or independantly verify.

As to sences, When you say five, I presume that you mean Sight, Hearing, Taste, Smell and Touch.

But then there's:

Thermoception .. sense of heat .. or lack of it .....

Equilibrioception .. our sense of balance ....

Nociception .. our perception of pain ....

Proprioception .. body awareness ....

and that's just for starters.

I know what you mean, I wasnt talking so much about those weirdos on TV talking to he dead and that load of old B*****KS I was referring to you. And those moments when you go "hang on i been here before"

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I hope that I am strong enough to not 'fear' christianity. It's more that I find some of the actions carried out in it's name as repulsive.
Me too. I.m no more fearfull of Christianity than I am of Islam, it's some of the followers of those religions that scare the daylights out of me.