Fish in Bristol lake to be killed to deter angling

Chris Plumb

It sounds like a situation where there are no really good options. Maybe the one they chose really is the least bad.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bet there would be an uproar if someone suggested killing the tufties instead. They will be allowed to defecate all over the place. What does the EA have to say on the matter, as surely they will be involved in the extermination, as the bodies will need to be disposed of. Another point, how are they going to kill the fish, as to remove them also I think will need a permit.

Second thoughts, put up no fishing signs in English, and tell the local EE's

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

That says it all. Bonkers animal rights nazis on the committee who would rather destroy all of the fish than allow angling.

Looking at the state of the water, what it really needs is a ban on feeding the waterfowl and a relocation or cull of some of the birds.

Yeah, that woman was a serious scrote and deserved her nose pushing inside out!

The angler was an arse also as he knew full well he was fishingin a no fishing zone, so he was adding fuel to the old witches fire...so he wasn't very clever was he.

I can understand people getting wound up when they see birds with their feet hanging off after disgarded line has got wrapped round them ...etc etc. I have a water near to me and the number of hoping or limping birds with line embedded into their flesh and severing body parts is seriously outragous. There are lines hanging from over hanging trees and the numerous hanging lures look like decorations on a crimbo tree. I've even see dead birds hanging from trees after getting tangled in line. If this is what is happening on that park lake then people have obviously got jacked off with it...and I don't blame them for that. If the anglers who fish there where sensible then maybe all the aggro could have been avoided.

It looked to me as if there was no-one looking after the lake, as he was told all the permits had been sold, but to fish it anyway. Also the anglerscast out and left their rods on the bank and one was almost pulled in. It looks like the usual problem of fishing being allowe in a public park, but with no controlling club. All the park users have their own ideas of park usage, which always causes conflict, whether it be anglers, dog walkers, or whoever

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/