Tank Aerial Fishing Rod

Elton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was it lance wood or whale bone back then, Elton?

And I thought that it was only Chesters that was that old, which is very, very old :whistling: .

Cheeky sod! :D

I'm of the fibreglass generation :D First rod I remember owning was a 9ft Daiwa spinning rod and if I could get hold of one now, I'd pay good money for it. I don't know what happened to that rod, but I loved it to bits, catching flatties and eels from the river in Rowhedge. In carping terms, I "took that river apart" :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've often seen reference to tank aerial fishing rods. Anyone got a photo of one? I have no idea what they look like. There arean't even any for sale on Ebay.

Not seen this then?

Link not working try this http://tinyurl.com/36cnud

I remember using my Great Grandads tank aerial rod - had a permenant kink in it!

C.

(PS I was looking for another type of Aerial (I'm sure you can guess what) when I stumbled upon this!)

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Not seen this then?

Link not working try this http://tinyurl.com/36cnud

I remember using my Great Grandads tank aerial rod - had a permenant kink in it!

C.

(PS I was looking for another type of Aerial (I'm sure you can guess what) when I stumbled upon this!)

TV? after all that wind?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

First rod I remember owning was a 9ft Daiwa spinning rod and if I could get hold of one now, I'd pay good money for it.

er, Not sure of the make, but I've got a white 9ft fibre glass spinning rod in my tackle pile.

It does have a lovely action, and is a pleasure to fish with, even if it doesn't go out that often these days (I've just got too many lure rods).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 11 months later...

I had one about 15 years ago, I did a house clearance and found it, It was green. two piece, screw joint, with a hardwood handle. I mentioned it to the lad in Bagnall & Kirkwood Newcastle, and he even had a spare tip. Dunno what happened to it.

I still have the first rod my father ever bought me, about 4 ft, two piece, solid glassfibre. Teamed it with a tiny fixed spool to catch sprats off Beadnell Harbour, Northumberland. I must have been ten maybe, so about 1966 1967, I wouldnt sell you it for a thousand pounds.

Here you go Elton, I bet you can smell the nostalgia from there!

post-14528-1235644935_thumb.jpg

The Ambidex 1 and the Moggie are both still used on a regular basis :)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Not with my dog farting outside my office, I can't :(

Nice pic, though :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

post-14528-1235644935_thumb.jpg

The Ambidex 1 and the Moggie are both still used on a regular basis :)

blimey just a look at that thread makes me cringe ,the rod was so thin it was difficult to get a grip to unscrew it in the winter (not so easy in the summer) a couple of bits of bike inner tube and a helpful stranger usually got the bugger apart again :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson