21 Things Glasgow Has That The Rest Of The World Urgently Needs

corydoras

So the secret to longevity is dont eat brie pakora. check.

I do fancy that munchie box breakfast. I could get outside that right now. D'ya think he would deliver down here Andy?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

......and I don't eat brie pakora either.

Cheddar on toast, well peppered and Worcester-sauced, is good enough for me - had some for lunch - delicious.

In fact, There are legion items that make a tasty light meal when served grilled on a slice of toasted wholemeal

Off the top of my head:-

Sardines

Button mushrooms

Horse mushrooms

Scrambled egg with chopped chives/other suitable herbs

Bacon and tomato

Mussels (cheaper than Angels on Horseback)

Herring roe

Anchovies

Whitebait

Devilled kidneys

Various pates

Sheep's brain (My grandmother used to serve this in the 1940s but it's now considered too high-risk)

Asparagus

Shrimps

....and I don't think we have reached the end of Norma's inventiveness - can anyone add to the list ? (simple items, there are endless combinations) I would hate to reach my "Come in Dave, your time's up" date and have missed out on something-tasty-on-toast.

PS No, Chesters, not sprouts :)

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

In fact, There are legion items that make a tasty light meal when served grilled on a slice of toasted wholemeal

....and I don't think we have reached the end of Norma's inventiveness - can anyone add to the list ? (simple items, there are endless combinations) I would hate to reach my "Come in Dave, your time's up" date and have missed out on something-tasty-on-toast.

I don't like wholemeal bread if it's been toasted, so my toast has to start with white bread.

One of the best combinations I've ever had in a toasted sandwich was Corned beef and Stilton.

You can make a faux pizza with toast, just spread some tomato puree on first and add whatever you want on top, a sprinkle of dried herbs onto the puree and then the cheese is my usual. (It's the closest I ever get to eating pizza).

I made some smoked trout pate a couple of days ago, that's gone down quite well on toast for lunch the last couple of days.

I know it might be a bit weird and "out there" but I really like butter and marmalade on mine.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I used to know a half Indian girl who liked lime pickle on toast. It's rather nice.

That's not a bad idea actually: I can see it as a good substitute for Marmalade.

I wouldn't eat Marmalade for lunch and most of it is too sweet for me anyway, but I like Lime Pickle and could eat that for lunch.

Trout pate to finish today, but tomorrow is soon enough.

I used to know a half Indian girl who liked lime pickle on toast. It's rather nice.

I know an Indian guy who will eat curry or tarka dahl on toast.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Crunchy peanut butter and marmite works well....apparently.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back