Where to put tackle ?

RugeleyAngler

I started float fishing about a year ago and put my tackle into that infamous green seat box we've all seen at some point it's the same model and companies just bang a sticker on it. Anyway due to my seemingly retarded judgement of quality it's broken and I need something to put my tackle in what do u guys reccomend and PLEASE tell me what u float fishing guys use links would be MASSIVELY appreciated cheers lads !

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't have a huge amount of tackle, & you're just fishing for pleasure, then maybe a wicker basket seat is all you really need.

I used my late Dad's for a number of years until I "Burst" on to the commercial Match Scene (well taking part anyway)

I then treated myself to a proper match seat box as is required for all the attachments needed for Pole & feeder fishing.

I got along fine with a basket & bank sticks for years before that.

The basket has a home made foam seat though - otherwise a serious case of "Basket Bum" is sure to follow lol.

My seat box was £200, but you can spend £600+ No need to spend that much maybe for your purposes.

Can pick up a Basket seat very cheaply!! - Bound to be a few on the "BAY", & maybe still, in some Tackle Shops????

They are very Light in Weight, as well as on the Pocket!!!!!!!!

One like This?? First photo Top Left & Centre!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fishing+baskets+for+sale&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB610GB610&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&imgil=S05InHfGDIl5nM%253A%253BS9H1KCdqaUzx3M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252Fbhp%25252Ffishing-basket&source=iu&pf=m&fir=S05InHfGDIl5nM%253A%252CS9H1KCdqaUzx3M%252C_&usg=__1BySoXL9VzjpG0pb3G4oi_6s-So%3D

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

If I’m going to be mobile (which is most of the time) I use a wicker basket for my float fishing trips. Provided it isn’t built around a metal frame they can be surprisingly light and if constructed properly very robust. Mine supports my 15st of finely honed torso although I don’t sit on it all day. The downside is that most will not have compartments and I’ve yet to see a waterproof wicker basket but if you are travelling light putting your tackle into separate containers wouldn’t be too inconvenient, that’s what I do.

I also have a TFG ultralight seat box which I bought before the basket, it has two trays with compartments and loads of pockets but is anything but light even when empty. I much prefer the basket.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Rucksack and either a lightweight seat or the unhooking mat to sit on. Low seat for legering and a much higher one for float fishing, or if I'm trotting I'll be standing anyway.

My large seat-box came from Argos many years ago and still going strong. Later I treated myself to a metal match-style seat box from Chapman's Angling which does a fair job even though it was almost the cheapest one on the market. I still have my old wicker basket, bought for me in 1973/4 from the local Blind Institute and still going strong. You can buy the same or similar from Amazon.

Take a collapsible chair with too so you can rest back and relax :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I quite like this one??? from fishtec.co.uk - Korum Supa Lite Chair £54.99 (400 x 399 mm or 15 & 3/4" which is the size I presume??) Looks like a reel or 2 would fit in the bottom compartment as well??

With maybe a robust Nylon shopping / Keepnet bag for your other bits & bobs!! Though personally I'd still go for the basket option.

There's clearly nowhere to put a flask/drink/ sarnies etc. You WOULD need another bag for all this.

2-400-TFG-COMP-BAG7.jpg

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I quite like this one??? from fishtec.co.uk - Korum Supa Lite Chair £54.99 (400 x 399 mm or 15 & 3/4" which is the size I presume??) Looks like a reel or 2 would fit in the bottom compartment as well??

With maybe a robust Nylon shopping / Keepnet bag for your other bits & bobs!! Though personally I'd still go for the basket option.

There's clearly nowhere to put a flask/drink/ sarnies etc. You WOULD need another bag for all this.

2-400-TFG-COMP-BAG7.jpg

That's the one I bought but with a TFG logo. I don't find it to be very light at all, I think the frame is made of steel.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

If I want to travel easily I take with me a Korum Accesory chair on a shoulder strap. There is a pocket on there that will easily accomodate a decent sizied multi-box approc. 12" x 8" or so, up to maybe a couple of inches thick ... what you can't fit into there you probably don't really need! There is a seperate long narrow zippable pocket too which will accomodate another long box or (my prefernce is a solid float tube - I cut mine to length from an old rod tube, with caps, and it will hold way too many floats, disgorgers etc). Bait catapult tucks down behind main box, and a surprising amount of stuff can be carried within the folding chair itself whilst walking - variously mine might hold waterproofs, bait, snacks, landing net head, clip-on side tray etc etc.

Rod(s) etc with bank sticks and net handle in one hand, reels already attached or in pockets, and I'm away ... and comfortable wherever I end up :-)

It depends what i am doing but i generally take a korum accessory chair too. If i feel like travelling superlight I will take my lightweight chair but I am a man that loves his comfort so usually its the former along with some memory foam cushions that are strapped to it. Lovely and comfy for a long day sat by the river.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk