mobile phone

The Flying Tench

Or the system isnt updated and applications demand a newer one

My plahbook is above average even today in hardware but the system software hasnt been updated for a couple of years and now it slows when the browser gets puzzled with new stuff.

RAM is a bit small at 1gb but i have seen tablets still on sale with 512mb

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, I used the wrong terminology. I shouldn't have said 'i-phone'. What I meant to say was 'Can I get on-screen texting without getting a phone that has access to the internet?' I've looked up Blackberrys and they seem to have internet access.

john clarke

Sorry, I used the wrong terminology. I shouldn't have said 'i-phone'. What I meant to say was 'Can I get on-screen texting without getting a phone that has access to the internet?' I've looked up Blackberrys and they seem to have internet access.

If you want a phone that also takes a half decent photos, it's going to have internet. Your current phone probably does too, just you don't realise it. On older phones it's called WAP.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

You dont have to use the internet if you dont want to ,my blackberry doesnt have wifi and as a phone its fine ,camera is ok for 3.2 mp it can ofcourse browse the internet via vodaphone but thats a tenner a month (a fiver goes to blackberry for the push services if i want to use emails which on this phone i do not)

My other phone has all the bells and whistles and an 8mp camera but i only browse via wifi via free wifi hotspots.

You will be hard pressed to find a phone that cannot browse the internet in some way but you can switch data roaming off and download by wifi only if you dont want to use credit.

Never understood how credit works ,i put a fiver on never use it other than "free" texts and five minutes later it wants topping up ,the only sim i ever found that didnt run out this way was as sainsbury one now defunct grrrr

Basically theres 3 types of phones ,those with keys ,those with a slide out keyboard and all the rest have onscreen keyboards ,i use my storm because unlike most older blackberries the screen is larger because it has no physical keys

I class phones as emergency items its instructed to do stuff when i want not when it or someone else does but i have relented so it vibrates if its rung by the mrs (having no friends is great for not wasting time on phones) it get taken out if i go detecting in the village incase the mrs needs me

My other phone a blackphone goes shopping with me on a thursday after i see my mrs onto the train to see my girls ,i spend the time waiting for the bus sitting outside sainsbury trying to peer at a silly 5"? Screen

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You dont have to use the internet if you dont want to ,my blackberry doesnt have wifi and as a phone its fine ,camera is ok for 3.2 mp it can ofcourse browse the internet via vodaphone but thats a tenner a month (a fiver goes to blackberry for the push services)

My other phone has all the bells and whistles and an 8mp camera but i only browse via wifi via free wifi hotspots.

You will be hard pressed to find a phone that cannot browse the internet in some way but you can switch data roaming off and download by wifi only if you dont want to use credit.

Never understood how credit works ,i put a fiver on never use it other than "free" texts and five minutes later it wants topping up ,the only sim i ever found that didnt run out this way was as sainsbury one now defunct grrrr

Basically theres 3 types of phones ,those with keys ,those with a slide out keyboard and all the rest have onscreen keyboards ,i use my storm because unlike most older blackberries the screen is larger because it has no physical keys

I class phones as emergency items its instructed to do stuff when i want not when it or someone else does but i have relented so it vibrates if its rung by the mrs (having no friends is great for not wasting time on phones) it get taken out if i go detecting in the village incase the mrs needs me

I've spent hours looking for one for Mr Teench. Finding a phone/camera with almost no internet is possible, as long as your happy with a 1.2 MP camera

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I've spent hours looking for one for Mr Teench. Finding a phone/camera with almost no internet is possible, as long as your happy with a 1.2 MP camera

Thats right ,the internet function has been included for years even my obselete krzr has browsing and as you say a crappy camera.

Not sure why the internet isnt wanted its an option on all phones but not mandatory to use LOL

The only robust phone i can think of that can be chucked in a fishing bag is one of those builders phones ,usuallt robust and waterproof but no sure how good the camera is but there are some bargain refurbed ones about but they have keys but larger ones for pudgy builders hands

Second hand one here with 5mp camera ,not cheap and probably the size of a brick and has the taboo tinternet function but the desired onscreen keyboard

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAT-B15-Smartphone-Black-Unlocked-Toughphone-Rugged-Trade-Mobile-/381841499525?hash=item58e786e585:g:iM4AAOSw5cNYIJrp

Edited by chesters1

Iphone you will never look back easy to use excellent for so many things I take pictures, videos etc it took me a long time to move away from a basic phone but believe me you won't look back it's great for the business and user friendly .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Easiest thing to do is to visit a mobile phone shop tell the salesperson what you want and take it from there.

This topic could go on for a long time. And without doubt go WELLLLLLLLLLLLL e3736.gif

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”