mobile phone

The Flying Tench

Easiest thing to do is to visit a mobile phone shop tell the salesperson what you want and take it from there.

This topic could go on for a long time. And without doubt go WELLLLLLLLLLLLL e3736.gif

It's so easy plenty of handsets to chose from .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's all a matter of horses for courses. I only ever want to use speech and text, and only when I am out. I put £45 on my PAYG phone in November 2015 and still have £18 left. I don't want to take photos, do my banking, or all the other things people have been brainwashed to do. My youngest daughter on the other hand has an all singing all dancing phone overloaded with apps and says she couldn't live without it. I must admit she uses an app to contact her mother whilst she is on a 18 month round the world holiday and that is free to use from a wifi point. I do all my serious work on a desktop pc

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Some kids take the phone to bed and text their mother to have the food ready because the kid/brat is getting up. Lazy gets need to get aa life and to start communicating with their parents minus a bloody mobile phone.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Why you actually don't want a smart phone with internet when you allready acces anglers net through the internet just think you can actually view it on your smart phone wow ! ! all the jibbering and snipping you could keep up with all the action. .?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's all a matter of horses for courses. I only ever want to use speech and text, and only when I am out. I put £45 on my PAYG phone in November 2015 and still have £18 left. I don't want to take photos, do my banking, or all the other things people have been brainwashed to do. My youngest daughter on the other hand has an all singing all dancing phone overloaded with apps and says she couldn't live without it. I must admit she uses an app to contact her mother whilst she is on a 18 month round the world holiday and that is free to use from a wifi point. I do all my serious work on a desktop pc

Tell me how does one have to be "brainwashed" into appreciating having a powerfull computer in one's back pocket.

I can use my phone as a quick spirit level and compass,flashlight, super accurate ruler. I can use Google Earth to help me look for new swims to fish. I have family in France, Australia and Japan that I can communicate with . I can point my phone at a heavenly body and my phone identify it for me. I can point my phone at the leaf or flower of any native plant or tree and my phone will tell me what it is. If I see a cool car or motorbike I can take a photo of it and share with my fellow petrol heads.

As an IT Engineer I find it a boon that I can take photos of the interior of an unfamliar piece of kit's innards before I rip it apart.

I did not need to be coerced, reprogrammed in any way to appreciate these things. I like having a bit of "Star Trek" in my back pocket.

PS Brainwashing is not a "thing". It does not exist.

http://www.cesnur.org/testi/melton.htm

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 3 months later...

There's a lot to be said for a simple, robust phone with massive battery life

I've had several over the years and currently have a Samsung that happily withstands being dropped, getting wet any being in my pocked when I'm falling on my ar5e.

Other than its robustness, its only other uses are acting as a flashlight, making calls and being employed to hit people with in hand to hand combat.

I've recently aquired a smartphone and it's great - but I know which one I'll be taking fishing with me.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

.......I'm not sure why you would want a less capable device.

Because lots of people find them confusing and difficult to use. Some folk (me) prefer to hold a camera when they take pics and hold a receiver at the end of a long curly wire when they make phone calls :bleh:. Aren't Nokia re-introducing a favoured classic mobile phone? Does it have a camera?

What I want is for somebody to develop a simple mobile device housed in a big old fashioned corded telephone. I think I'd be able to persuade my Mum to use one of those.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

my nokia allows me to take and make calls, receive and send texts and it even has a flash light. No pics though and for that my monthly subscription is halved. Phone purchased for 16 quid and I was asked if I wanted to insure it, yer right. magic.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..