Election time again

Ken L

Paul, I don't have a social media account. I do however occasionally look in on my wifes Facebook account, usually to see how distant relatives are doing. I could never see me taking the posts on there seriously, or basing my decisions on any of the comments. I find it sad that so many people seem to live every aspect of their lives as publicly, as they do on there. It seems to me that a sizable percentage have some medical, or mental issues, and many others pretend they have, just to fit in. I could no more take advice from anyone on there seriously, than I would my dog, if I had one.

I posted a quote some time ago, and it could have been said with social media in mind.

"Some people when they think that they are thinking, are just merely rearranging their own prejudices".

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Paul, I don't have a social media account. I do however occasionally look in on my wifes Facebook account, usually to see how distant relatives are doing. I could never see me taking the posts on there seriously, or basing my decisions on any of the comments. I find it sad that so many people seem to live every aspect of their lives as publicly, as they do on there. It seems to me that a sizable percentage have some medical, or mental issues, and many others pretend they have, just to fit in. I could no more take advice from anyone on there seriously, than I would my dog, if I had one.

I posted a quote some time ago, and it could have been said with social media in mind.

"Some people when they think that they are thinking, are just merely rearranging their own prejudices".

John.

Or to quote Abraham Lincoln, "Never believe everything you read on the Internet."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Or, what was it that Comedian said? The Greek guy with the bald head who's name escapes me at the mo, "I like Social Media, before it existed I used to have to take a photograph of my cat or what I had just eaten or drunk around to my friends to ask them if they like it!"

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Or, what was it that Comedian said? The Greek guy with the bald head who's name escapes me at the mo, "I like Social Media, before it existed I used to have to take a photograph of my cat or what I had just eaten or drunk around to my friends to ask them if they like it!"

Phil the greek?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Did you like the photo taken in he field with nobody there but her meerkats waving banners that's being smashed everywhere over the net our braved leader ? who is frighten to death in meeting the REAL public that picture tells the public what a so called sham It is. with her so called doing the rounds all round the country she doesn't meet anybody but he lapdogs in secret away from the PUBLIC !!!!

Have another look at the link again and tell me if you can see just 1 person there not 2 just 1 will do who hasn't got a blue mac on. ?

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/13/a-bystander-took-a-behind-the-scenes-photo-of-theresa-may-that-reduces-her-campaign-to-a-sham-image/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Its been happening for decades ,hospitals are owned by third parties until their pfi contracts are paid off even corbyn knows it was mostly labours acts that is costing the country 5 times more in repayments than it cost ,a great deal of services are run by G4S who have a shocking history of failure and suspicious rise in the world ,most high tech scanners are owned by private companies ,a great deal of treatments are outsourced probably all that is left is the unprofitable patient care side ,i for one dont care so long as the treatment is good (and in most cases its excellent) and its free at the point of use

If companies provide better cheaper products or services than uk ones then the uk ones are to blame ,unfortunately a great deal of britains companies are foreign and ofcourse its down to britain and its historic british disease

Unfortunatly in commerse the more you treat your workers well the quicker you go down the drain when foreign companies get around the rules

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not until, you posted that, I was aware that it is I think, still the highest of the Scandinavian Countries, however I made the mistake of offering to buy a friend a MacDonalds in Oslo a few years ago as I have a liking of their fillet o'fish and was rather shocked at the bill!

Whilst eating my Dinner I pondered what you had said and Cod's mention of the minimum wage which Norway do not have.

Here is an interesting set of figures, not very scientific and I don't think any of our great financial institutions will take it on board but it's worth a reasoned discussion with you Cory since I know you are capable of the same.

According to a discussion on Reddit, a MacD worker in Norway earns between 95-140NOK per hour (dependant on age), the average cost of a value meal is 96.26NOK, therefore the Norwegian works for 1.45 Big Mac meals per hour.

Since I have taken the highest rate quoted, it is only fair to apply the same, the U.K. NMW (25+) is £7.50 per hour, with the average cost of the same being £4.39 (they obviously didn't include Rownams Services where one is about £500!) therefore the UK worker works for 1.70 Big Mac meals per hour.

By this measure the UK worker is paid better!

Don't share this, it will be used by some politician.

Perhaps, but if I was gonna be a burger flipper I'd rather be flipping burgers in Molde than Manchester. There is more to the quality of life than dinera.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Perhaps, but if I was gonna be a burger flipper I'd rather be flipping burgers in Molde than Manchester. There is more to the quality of life than dinera.

Not me, wouldn't have done me any good, if I had been born in Norway to a local couple life would have been difficult growing up and school, working etc because I don't speak Norwegian.