Relentless rain...

Tigger

Elton, sounds an ideal type of place to start a angling venture?

I rent a fair chunk of the place from some friends of mine, but there is an old 'lake' (I'm not entirely sure what it's used for) on site that I've told them I'd love to add to the lease! It would need lining, filling with water and stocking, but would make a lovely personal fishing venue.

I'd have no interest in doing it commercially, though. I could do without the hassle biggrin.png

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Talking mud,I had some bullies out over the fields yesterday and after a couple of miles walking in all the mix of mud and cow shyte we all needed a washing off when I got home!

The ever enthusiastic bullies weren't put off by the mud and enjoyed every moutthful of green sloppy cow shyte....you would think they were starved at home!

They do like to drink the puddle of green water that forms on the top of the cow pats!

That's put me off my tea; I feel sick nowxat the thought of it lol

Just got back from France and it was raining on the approach and hasn't stopped. I nearly turned back. It's grey

, miserable, wet but not cold. Anyway I'm only here till next week and then it's a week in Dubai. It's cool there now at 33c.

I rent a fair chunk of the place from some friends of mine, but there is an old 'lake' (I'm not entirely sure what it's used for) on site that I've told them I'd love to add to the lease! It would need lining, filling with water and stocking, but would make a lovely personal fishing venue.

I'd have no interest in doing it commercially, though. I could do without the hassle biggrin.png

Your boats going to make sure cash is hard to find lol

You wait until you realise a beam has rotted away under its covering of fiberglass or the mast starts to twist ,its expensive things those boats !

We put the mast away for the winter in our tunnel greenhouse all nicely lying on props ,in the early summer it came out of its covering to find it looked like a dogs hind leg because it had been resting on one of the shroud supports

It took 3 months lying on the other one and never got really straight again so we stuck a stub mast on and used the outboard from then on ,all that sailing free to the nab towerevery weekend flew out of the window and it drank petrol instead!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, Elton said:

Maybe a small syndicate water would be worth considering, or  as you say, a nice water for yourself ?

I think if I had the opportunity i'd go for it, as long as the lease was good.

• Like 1