Coronavirus

Elton

5 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So it’s not a driver shortage then .in they article below it does mention beer shortages due to lack of drivers . But I don’t need that article up tell part  of our order never turned up last week due  to no driver ,

https://theloadstar.com/uk-driver-shortage-so-bad-wholesalers-want-army-trucks-to-deliver-the-goods/

Well as I say my local had its deliveries as usual but were short of bottled beers (this has also happened to several other local pubs from the same chain) because the beer is being prioritised for the supermarkets, my mates Mrs runs my local and had the info direct from both her area manager and the supplier.

13 minutes ago, snakey1 said:

Well as I say my local had its deliveries as usual but were short of bottled beers (this has also happened to several other local pubs from the same chain) because the beer is being prioritised for the supermarkets, my mates Mrs runs my local and had the info direct from both her area manager and the supplier.

Strange so are these people in the article telling porkys then and our supplier also said shortage of drivers funny world we live in .But it’s not  just beer is it it’s right across food supply chain as well .

HGV driver shortage could threaten food supply – FWD

The shortage of HGV delivery drivers is now critical and could threaten food supply in some areas, says FWD

Food wholesalers are experiencing severe difficulties delivering to convenience stores, pubs, restaurants and care homes, so FWD has asked the government for a temporary extension of drivers’ hours – as was put in place when supermarkets were facing shortages last year.

https://www.fwd.co.uk/wholesale-news/2021/06/14/hgv-driver-shortage-could-threaten-food-supply-fwd/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Maybe you have a different supplier ? who knows just reporting what's been going on here, the rest of the deliveries both food and draught have been fine just bottled beers and I've told you the explanation that has been forth coming. If you don't like it tough.

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Strange so are these people in the article telling porkys then and our supplier also said shortage of drivers funny world we live in .But it’s not  just beer is it it’s right across food supply chain as well .

HGV driver shortage could threaten food supply – FWD

The shortage of HGV delivery drivers is now critical and could threaten food supply in some areas, says FWD

Food wholesalers are experiencing severe difficulties delivering to convenience stores, pubs, restaurants and care homes, so FWD has asked the government for a temporary extension of drivers’ hours – as was put in place when supermarkets were facing shortages last year.

https://www.fwd.co.uk/wholesale-news/2021/06/14/hgv-driver-shortage-could-threaten-food-supply-fwd/

The fact that the UK haulage industry was reporting driver shortages in 2013, 2014 and 2015, kinda suggests that the poor performance of this sector is due to psis poor planning, rather than Brexit.

Articles from the relevant years are linked.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, snakey1 said:

Maybe you have a different supplier ? who knows just reporting what's been going on here, the rest of the deliveries both food and draught have been fine just bottled beers and I've told you the explanation that has been forth coming. If you don't like it tough.

Ditto ?

Untitled-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ken L said:

The fact that the UK haulage industry was reporting driver shortages in 2013, 2014 and 2015, kinda suggests that the poor performance of this sector is due to psis poor planning, rather than Brexit.

Articles from the relevant years are linked.

I suppose it’s the same as lockers trawlers tied again up against the quayside for 6 months since January, due to-the monsoons in Africa .

Untitled-1.jpg

11 minutes ago, big_cod said:

I suppose it’s the same as lockers trawlers tied again up against the quayside for 6 months since January, due to-the monsoons in Africa .

But they weren't and aren't tied up against the quayside  since January.

You've been caught out in this obvious lie before, so why are you repeating it?

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

25 minutes ago, Ken L said:

But they weren't and aren't tied up against the quayside  since January.

You've been caught out in this obvious lie before, so why are you repeating it?

They got guard jobs worth around £1500-£2000 a day they couldn’t fish so took something better than nothing. , but still losing near on a million a month , now £300,000 for 9-10 fishing is just slightly better than £1500 a day it barely covers running expenses and Crews wages in fact some of the crews have walked left the industry , you can’t pay bills on fresh air and peanuts that’s unless your Boris Johnson .

And  I don’t think they would catch 400 boxes of cod off Margate do you or do you ????? ? They might catch 1 cod if they are very lucky .

But hey ken they are allowed to go back fishing very shortly they still won’t get there £6 milion  quid back because of brexit .And just to pass there feeling on they now hate Boris Johnson guts .you can’t lie for ever it will always catch you up.looks  like his dislike spread to the recent by - election do  they know something as well ?

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

40 minutes ago, big_cod said:

They got guard jobs worth around £1500-£2000 a day they couldn’t fish so took something better than nothing. , but still losing near on a million a month , now £300,000 for 9-10 fishing is just slightly better than £1500 a day it barely covers running expenses and Crews wages in fact some of the crews have walked left the industry , you can’t pay bills on fresh air and peanuts that’s unless your Boris Johnson .

And  I don’t think they would catch 400 boxes of cod off Margate do you or do you ????? ? They might catch 1 cod if they are very lucky .

But hey ken they are allowed to go back fishing very shortly they still won’t get there £6 milion  quid back because of brexit .And just to pass there feeling on they now hate Boris Johnson guts .you can’t lie for ever it will always catch you up.looks  like his dislike spread to the recent by - election do  they know something as well ?

It was a crap deal, as I've said many times, but you are blinded by your hate. Overall, Brexit is going well.

38 minutes ago, Ken L said:

It was a crap deal, as I've said many times, but you are blinded by your hate. Overall, Brexit is going well.

Brexit isn’t going well Ken a crap trade deal ??  even the brexpress thinks it’s crap by the end of this year. Johnson will be in hiding .

So that G7 37 people mixing no social  distancing and Johnson keeps preaching to us all  keeping us all here ???? My mate lives in Spain now here is his words .

image.thumb.png.252b139fd0310fb16c175240c8c3a3c4.png

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg