Coronavirus

Elton

The decision to release the facts about the new strain was spot on ,why do you hype up everything ?

If they re!eased the data to early the new strain may well have died off or mutated into a not so bad form ,in this case the info was released at the right time and things changed .would you rather the gov did nothing ?

Viri mutate all the time ,they (scientists) have been watching this strain about a month when it was noticed it was becoming the dominant strain they informed the  health ministry who told the gov ,who reacted as you see

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

45 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

The decision to release the facts about the new strain was spot on ,why do you hype up everything ?

If they re!eased the data to early the new strain may well have died off or mutated into a not so bad form ,in this case the info was released at the right time and things changed .would you rather the gov did nothing ?

Viri mutate all the time ,they (scientists) have been watching this strain about a month when it was noticed it was becoming the dominant strain they informed the  health ministry who told the gov ,who reacted as you see

??

69311E2B-FA9A-4347-9BFE-7DC839692576.jpeg

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Nothing better to say ?,no better headlines ,no opinion and hearsay to spout ,just some childish picture

On reflection, a 5-year-olds opinion picture is probably well suited to your intellect ,may be a few years above yours though

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

“Mathematicians have been running the numbers on the spread of different variants in an attempt to calculate how much of an edge this one might have. 

But teasing apart what is due to people's behaviour and what is due to the virus is hard.

The figure mentioned by Prime Minister Boris Johnson was that the variant may be up to 70% more transmissible. He said this may be increasing the R number - which indicates if an epidemic is growing or shrinking - by 0.4. 

That 70% number appeared in a presentation by Dr Erik Volz, from Imperial College London, on Friday December 18th.

During the talk he said: "It is really too early to tell… but from what we see so far it is growing very quickly, it is growing faster than [a previous variant] ever grew, but it is important to keep an eye on this."

There is no "nailed on" figure for how much more infectious the variant may be. Scientists, whose work is not yet public, have told me figures both much higher and much lower than 70%. 

But there remain questions about whether it is any more infectious at all. 

"The amount of evidence in the public domain is woefully inadequate to draw strong or firm opinions on whether the virus has truly increased transmission," said Prof Jonathan Ball, a virologist at the University of Nottingham.”

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Pointless giving facts ,cod just sees what cod needs to whine about ,generally boris  and the tory party.

He seems to have this childish theory the government run the country ignoring the fact the various ministries actually do that and the governments only role is to try and fund them and ask nicely if they will do something to earn their keep

Edited by chesters1

I agree, but others might read and realise we are not all as thick as him.

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

11 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Nothing better to say ?,no better headlines ,no opinion and hearsay to spout ,just some childish picture

On reflection, a 5-year-olds opinion picture is probably well suited to your intellect ,may be a few years above yours though

Suits Doris Johnson  perfectly ?

Untitled-1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

I agree, but others might read and realise we are not all as thick as him.

Thick Whitby scampi ? dont even go there ???  You haven’t go the hooking brains you were born with .

image.png.d265e6daa219878428e63c24664b304f.png

Edited by big_cod
D

Untitled-1.jpg

More childish other peoples pictures ,nothing to say of any interest from you?

Despite repeating "the government do not run the country" over and over to hopefully get it in your thick head you still do not understand how the system runs

Edited by chesters1

4 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

More childish other peoples pictures ,nothing to say of any interest from you?

It’s right though a bullshitter and compulsive liar ? how many jobs has he been sacked from for  lying.

image.png.e04742a2a12ec5ebd2571dbac10df3d8.png

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg