well now i know!

chesters1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As you say 😁 , but logic says less doesn't mean more🤦‍♀️

Here is the original version ,wow doesnt sainsbury waste lots of letters!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/292876835

Strange policy instead of removing sugar they removed the sweetener in the "unsweetened" version ! Wasn't it sweet enough in the original version ? Its frickin mostly sugar🙄 Then once the sweetener was removed they upped the sugar a fraction in the reduced version to make up for the lack of sweetness !

I would prefer NO sugar and if its not sweet enough put your own in ! Or in my case stevia or xylitol or some other sweetener (stevia is like saccarin it has a bitter aftertaste )

I think the gov should force manufacturers to remove sugar AND salt in processed food its pretty hard finding low sugar and salt food and if they dont put it in they charge you more for not doing it 🤦‍♀️ they wonder why theres more obese but do nothing to control companies bunging in sugar in huge amounts they should be forced to list sugar and salt in teaspoons added grams are a little vague . Yes you can cook from fresh and control the amount but it dont stack so well in cupboards for later use! If my mrs cooked from fresh i would die of boredom she cooks every bit of taste out of anything ! If shes not burning holes in pans !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:

As you say 😁 , but logic says less doesn't mean more🤦‍♀️

Here is the original version ,wow doesnt sainsbury waste lots of letters!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/292876835

Strange policy instead of removing sugar they removed the sweetener in the "unsweetened" version ! Wasn't it sweet enough in the original version ? Its frickin mostly sugar🙄 Then once the sweetener was removed they upped the sugar a fraction in the reduced version to make up for the lack of sweetness !

I would prefer NO sugar and if its not sweet enough put your own in ! Or in my case stevia or xylitol or some other sweetener (stevia is like saccarin it has a bitter aftertaste )

I think the gov should force manufacturers to remove sugar AND salt in processed food its pretty hard finding low sugar and salt food and if they dont put it in they charge you more for not doing it 🤦‍♀️ they wonder why theres more obese but do nothing to control companies bunging in sugar in huge amounts they should be forced to list sugar and salt in teaspoons added grams are a little vague . Yes you can cook from fresh and control the amount but it dont stack so well in cupboards for later use! If my mrs cooked from fresh i would die of boredom she cooks every bit of taste out of anything ! If shes not burning holes in pans !

Come on, I know fresh fruit is scary, but if you want lemon tea with no sugar, use a teabag and a lemon.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

So what happens to the 3/4 of lemon in the fortnight between drinking a cup ?

Is my fridge going to be full of rotting fruit and veg? 😉

Fat people dont keep fat slaving over a cup and handling knives

What happens if theres no lemon do i have to walk a mile to the bus stop and go to town 😧

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

Well now i know i need to improve my locks ,The usual coach pulled up at the end of the road to disgorge mostly plain clothed trick or treaters (it may have been two there was a huge throng of brats all at once ! )You could hear them fighting over the sweets two doors away then a mass stampede to the only other house with a pumpkin on display further along  Who these kids are we dont have a clue theres a few adults ,in flouro with torches front and back so we guess its not the local school thats just a couple of hundred yards away. So it must be another one from elswhere plundering the village kids treats?

Ofcourse they sucked dry any sweets and disapeared back up the road very noisily ,i crept down to see the coach i presume go to the next village to rape that?

The most anoying thing was we latch our gate and an illuminated sign says humerous things about visitors not entering . We enjoy hearing the moans when A theres no pumpkin and B heres no lights  on to show theres a sucker offering to give them free sweets (something parents hopefully warn their kids about 364 days of the year) but this year a damned adult reached over the gate and unlatched it and held it open whilst their brats invaded our garden and thumped on the door to be ignored  ! They wont find it so easy next year theres going to be a padlock on it ! Our only reward was hearing the brats crying when they found there was no sweets left at the other two houses ,they should leave earlier and get there first !🤣🤣

PS we're not misers we used to entertain the idea of sweets or threats but when one kid steals a tenners worth of sweets and then egged my car i changed my mind and they can go bugger themselves! Back then the cameras were crap and you couldnt id someone in broad daylight never mind in the dark but now..........thinking about it i didnt recognise anyone and we destinctly saw car headlights half way up the road so even they may  not have been locals the youngest kicked our door we thought it was a loud knock until we viewed the image of the porch today . they may find fox crap on the gate next year chesters1 holds grudges for life!

Edited by chesters1

I don't do pumpkins or decorations, but I had a tub of individually wrapped sweets in case any hopeful souls knocked the door.

In the end, it hammered down with rain and nobody showed.

There seems to be a pumpkin code around here where kids are not supposed to approach a house if theres no pumpkin outside .It generally works but the greed for carrier bags full of sweets to be taken home overcomes some so we just close the gate and watch the disapointment on the cctv . Theres a few kids in the street but its mostly older people with grown up kids or old fogies like us who kids have long fled the nest who kids most likely annoy old fogies like us elswhere..

As a kid i dont remember doing it and guising is a scottish tradition ,my mum was scottish ! It seems to have got much bigger in the south over the decades but they dont try as much costume wise .

Well now i know nothing changes in the NHS! ,went for a chest xray yesterday .Last time i went the radiographer was a dark-skinned chap whos English was second or third down the list .Not bothered what colour people are if they do their job this bloke couldnt ! My xrays never appeared at the doctors whos office is less than a hundred feet away! just getting to the hospital cost £30 taxi there and back to get the xray of my foot so i wasnt pleased when i asked the results line and they asked if i had had the xray 🤬

Anyway on arriving at the reception the receptionist asks me my name i told her it ,she said can you spell it ,i spelt it ,can you pull down your mask ,i repeated it again! She said take a seat . I spotted the same radiographer sitting with his feet up playing solitaire on his pc as i went to the loo .

10 minutes later a man came in and went through the exact same thing i did ,the receptionist couldnt hear his details and he was asked to pull down his mask and then told to take a seat .

20 minutes a woman came in and (the reception is c8ft from the row of seats so you can hear everything) and asked her name etc and asked to pull down her mask .....trouble is she wasnt wearing one !. I guess the receptionist has a hearing problem !

Anyway half an hour later our radiographer strolls in and says Henry and looks around no-one responds so off he goes and ten minute comes back in and repeats it ,no response so he wanders off and returns 5 mins later goes into the receptionists and comes back out and looks around and says henry .

The waiting trio look at each other the woman says do you mean Brianritt (unusual name) yes he says she goes in then immediatly comes back . Again the chap goes into the receptionist booth and has a conversation she points directly at me and he comes out ,Henry he says . I say my middle name is henry he says come with me ! He seems quite irate and starts guiding me by the arm . I said if you wanted to get the attention  of someone why dont you use the right surname ! .He mutters something in foreign !

The xray took seconds i had waited near on an hour to get it ,no-one had come out so i guess this chap wanted to enjoy his game before actually being bothered to do his job i expect hes well paid to do it i hope the other two got theirs before they shut for dinner!

.So we had two problems here one was a receptionist who couldnt hear well and a radiographer who couldnt talk well .It will be a surprise if the xray gets back to the docs ,i wonder if his credentials from the big school in kenya were actually checked and whilst they are at it get your idiot receptionists hearing checked as well!

I cannot fault the doctors i was contacted within half an hour of doing the online consultation and asked if i could get in by 10.30 ,i couldnt so got an appointment the next day (yesterday) bloods and the xray were on demand but i find it strange they close the xray dept for dinner they dont do much as it is perhaps a simple pc game takes more time than they get to finish their sarnies?

PS the tv in the other room still isnt being used ,it probably cost 10 times what its worth but i am sure now its been bought it could be turned on now and again . Theres an ipad on a stand in the corridor with a big cardboard display in front of it ,thats not been switched on EVER (theres another one in the main hall hidden the same way originally they had a sign saying information we tried many times to see what they did before they were hidden) i guess its beyond the staff to actualy plug it in and in the doctors surgery theres a 12" screen that only plays the local radio station noting else (luckily at a dull murmur) , not enough funding for the NHS? pull the other leg!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

It gets worse went with Mrs to get her blood test ,big change! Half the number of seats in waiting room and not one but two self service check in machines 👍 unfortunately theres a sign behind them saying out of order use the receptionist 20 feet away .Now both tvs are off! chatting to receptionist neither have been on in the 3 months she has been there and both self check in machines the same.

3 people came in not knowing the once busy walk in no appointment needed blood letting service now has to be booked online .You can tell they have been before as they search behind the new (not working) self service log in machine for the old take a number machine that used to be there until the receptonist asks them if she can help

The place was deserted, before it was hard to find a seat it was so busy !.Labour and the unions say it needs more money it doesnt it needs a complete overhaul and most of the box tickers and " managers" sacking the NHS has money to waste on crap it doesnt need ignoring things like front line staff run by people who know what they are doing not managers taking the wages of three nurses living it up on expenses buying crap just because they can

Ps the screen in the docs waiting room that used only to display the advert for the radio station is also off ,no doubt the renewal of the licence to use it was huge so they opted out once the contract was up? so it back to the jaz orientated " muzac" of old 🙄

For some reasonnthe big box outside the docs (and the other two outside the other two docs) are sealed shut with a poster saying not to use them hand the prescription request to receptionist ,so before you dropped them off and went on your way now you have to wait in line to put it in a basket which is produced from under the desk of  the receptionist when its your turn ,the ****ing NHS is a joke!

Edited by chesters1

Update on freezer nonsense ,we bought it in August from day one it kept icing up in the end despite defrosting every fortnight (unlike the 6 moths of the old one) it got so much it broke the top flap of the machine. You couldnt turn the damn thing down to -18 it just went from -25 to -28 and ran continuasly in that hot spell we had .

After several complaints via Amazon they sent an "engineer" out we watched him on a camera i had stood on a high cupboard ,he went for the thermostat and poked it then put the panel its mounted to (just above the door ) back in and said as i went back to the kitchen it was a loose wire stopping the thermostat 'communicating' with the motor.

He went on his merry way and we waited ,not a damn difference it was so bad the mrs ice lollies froze together so it was back to Sally ( bloody first name terms now!) A very nice but obviously hands tied girl at the company .I told her the scenario ,i told her i could fix the problem myself it was so easy but knew perfectly well it would invalidate the warranty so it was down to them ! She said she would pass this on up the chainn and we waited .,,...and waited ,i reminded Sally again and the "engineer " company got intouch to make an appointment. The chap came and we watched him playing on his phone for ten minutes he never even opened the freezer which we had emptied so he could turn it round to look! *i will order a part" was all he said then left.

We waited and waited ,i contacted Sally who knew nothing of this (the repair company appears to be a contracted service) at the beginning of december and she said she would look into it ....,.,..on the 20th out of the blue she got back saying the "engineer" couldnt get the part (strangely its very common an i could have got it the next day) so it can be replaced.

I said the freezer has our christmas in it so can we wait till new year ,on the 4th i got back to her ,she said replacement wasnt possible they had ran out of stock (i suspect this one was returned for the same reason ,and on inspectionn ooked like it worked fine then put innAmazon warehouse for resale) so it was set to be picked up on the monday following .

Ofcourse now we had to get another one ,the broken one was hard to find as it was it had to be less than 56cm wide to fit next to the chest freezer .I the end we got a frost free freezer and used its packaging to wrap up the old one which was duly refunded on the tuesday . long story but has it ended frost free freezers have more working parts lol.