Boris will be OK!!

Martin56

Dont fret clod ,ex pm's are well looked after ,boris is going to be fine

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The branch of the Italian Farmers’ Association’ Coldiretti’ located in the southern region of Puglia, Italy, has announced that they are facing a shortage of manpower.

Through a statement issued on May 13, Association Coldiretti also stressed that Italian agriculture needs at least 100,000 seasonal workers to guarantee summer harvest fields, SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.

“It is necessary to speed up the release of the necessary permits to allow non-EU workers, admitted to entry with the flow decree, to be able to arrive in Italy to work in agricultural enterprises as soon as possible,”the statement reads.

In addition, compared to 2021, the quotas of workers outside the EU accepted by decree in Italy have increased to 69,000. Of these, the reserved slice for agriculture is 42,000 countries, against which about 100,000 requests have been received.

According to the Idos Dossier, which has collaborated with Coldiretti, the presence of foreign workers has become structural in Italian agriculture as one in four agricultural products is harvested in Italy by foreign hands, which represents more than 29 per cent of the total working days needed for this sector.

“It is above all of the temporary employees who arrive from abroad and cross the border every year for seasonal work and then return to their country, often establishing lasting professional relationships and friendships with entrepreneurs,” the statement also added.

InfoMigrants has also reported that the Puglia branch of Coldiretti has warned that the greatest shortage of manpower in the region’s fields is most noticeable in the cherry and tomato orchards, citing as a result 30,000 “lost working days.”

Meanwhile, according to CREA data, the shortage of Italian and foreign farmworkers in the agricultural sector provides an average of 1.2 million jobs.

Coldiretti also highlighted that the contribution of migrant workers to Puglia agriculture is particularly important in the harvesting of tomatoes, asparagus, and artichokes.

The arrival of foreign workers in the Italian fields would help a lot in saving the harvest and also ensure the supply of food for the population in a particularly difficult time that has been caused by inflation, lack of some products and blocking exports due to the conflict in Ukraine and the resulting trade wars.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Each EU country must provide the European Commission with a list of sectors that are dependent on seasonal conditions, such as summer tourism and harvesting of certain crops. In order to be admitted to work in the EU, seasonal workers must submit permit applications including a work contract or a binding job offer specifying pay, working hours and other conditions. They must provide evidence of adequate lodging. Once on
the EU territory, workers are entitled to extend their work contract (more than once) or change employer within the maximum permitted stay, provided they meet the entry conditions and no grounds for refusal apply.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Germany employs a large percentage of foreign seasonal workers on a short-term basis for seasonal crops like asparagus and strawberries.

However, the war in Ukraine and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic could affect the flow of such workers this year, with the harvest season just a couple of months away.

“In the case of seasonal workers, there is currently considerable uncertainty about the availability of harvest workers from Eastern Europe this summer,” Germany’s farmers’ association, known as DBV, wrote in a position paper on the effects of the Ukraine war.

At the same time, the high number of COVID-19 cases continues to be a problem as workers going into quarantine would likely create further losses for the sector.

Farms in Austria are also afraid of bottlenecks. According to media reports, many farms are now recruiting workers from Asian countries such as Vietnam.

Given the situation, the DBV calls for employment rules to be temporarily relaxed, as was the case during the pandemic. One of the association’s proposals is to extend the time limit for short-term employment.

Polish farmers are warning of an impending crisis due to a shortage of seasonal agricultural workers, many of whom would normally come from Ukraine but are prevented from doing so by current restrictions. Industry groups have appealed to the government for help.

Meanwhile, in Poland’s west, many of those who have business or family connections spanning both sides of the borders with Germany and the Czech Republic have also called for regulations to be relaxed.  They were given support today by the far right’s presidential candidate, who called on the government to reopen the borders for workers.

Threats to the food supply chain

“Without seasonal workers it will be impossible to proceed with picking the crops,” warned Jacek Podgórski, director of the Institute of Agricultural Economics, speaking to Radio Maryja. “It might not be worth picking the fruit at all.”

Certain crops require swift picking and processing in order preserve the quality of the produce. Without enough seasonal workers to do this, warn producers, the agricultural sector faces billions of zloty in losses and Poland may struggle to maintain its food supply chain, reports Dziennik Gazeta Prawna.

The problems will exacerbate existing challenges facing Poland. The country is this year set for one of its worst droughts in over a century. Its consumers are already experiencing some of the highest levels of inflation in the world, driven mainly by rising food prices.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:28 AM, Huge_Vitae said:

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Brexit.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Tories.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Boris.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Mountain Oysters.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, HMS 7 (sic)

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, EDF Energy.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Labour shortages.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Traffic Queues.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Flight Delays.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, A Quarter is bigger than 26%

Endless Dribble, all proven wrong with simple research with ‘proper’ sources, House of Commons Library (AGAIN), ONS (AGAIN) But of course none of these are good enough for the confirmation bias of the dribbler. U.K. MSM does not report these things, they post click bait articles, worst is YouTube that you continually refer to. If you were a fish you’d be getting caught every few minutes, hopefully one day you won’t get returned.

What a total toss pot you are, you continually rant rubbish on here, rubbish that you cut and paste because you lack the ability to research and write sentences of your own creation, rubbish that is rebutted within a few seconds of a Google search and yet, even when the fact check sites rubbish your pasted claims you go back to use them again and again.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

I tell you what thick doesn’t touch it !!!

So why did poles etc love coming to the U.K.  rather than going to Italy they get  paid more !!!!!

Now with h brexshit we told them to go home we didn’t need them him how wrong the loony Brexiteers were .

So U.K. farmers screaming for foreign Labour.  Hospitality screaming  for foreign Labour , social care screaming for foreign Labour , Construction screaming for foreign labour etc etc etc etc even fishermen need foreign  Labour but they are mostly Asians.rather than European.

And today why is that  in Brexitland  our inflation exceeds all the other G7 countries . France a mere 6% !!! Borrowing in Brexitland exceeding EU rates yes and it’s all Costing you money, no hiding no pretending it’s there in black and white and it’s going to get worse for you !!!!

Brexitland the land of milk and debt .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Boris is fine clod stop your whining

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Boris is fine clod stop your whining

But will you be chestnuts in brexitland with rocketing prices . You got what you voted for shite , you know the saying the best way to hit a man is in his pocket welcome to brexitland .

Another Euro beer please 🍺😎😁

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Clod wipe those tears hes going to be ok