BREXIT LEGACY UK

big_cod

Yawn.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=5Y

Who exactly are "The British music industry".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

56 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Yawn.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=5Y

Who exactly are "The British music industry".

You keep yawning and keep paying all those extra pounds out of your pocket .Pound to Euro before brexit vote was wait for it !

1.42 euros to the pound, but  today in Brexitland   it stands as it had never recovered 1.15 to the pound !!!!  Shafted 150% by brexit pulled your  own pants down. !!!! and all those goods we import from Europe  with all the added extra red  tape 🤫car parts, food ,building materials etc etc etc is costing you more and more and more , and the more it costs the bigger the tax yes that lovely word  VAT !!!!!! Excluding food of course but only with VAT but still hiked right up . .Ken your wallets shrinking fast a financial disaster in the making and self inflicted   as wellBut the British people  have now well and truly woken up the games up with brexit .Unless you watch that loony tunes channel GB news where they can’t lie straight in bed .😂😎

So as with the music industry and as my nieces other half does  stage  events all around Europe. Brexit has made it a monster with massive added costs .

Brexiteers said Less red tape but clearly that’s totally untrue but they somehow miraculously had a brain freeze and they forget they said that . 

It’s harder than it’s ever been for musicians working in the EU. 

In fact, a joint Musicians’ Union - ISM survey found:

• 77% of musicians expect their earnings in Europe to decrease due to new red tape and extra costs
  • 43% of musicians are still planning tours or shows in the EU in the future
  • 42% of musicians would consider relocating to in order to continue working
  • 21% are considering a change of career.

https://musiciansunion.org.uk/campaigns/musicians-working-in-the-eu

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Swerve to Euros all you like.

The Pound is worth more against the Euro now than it was for most of the four years prior to Brexit.

The historical lowest value of the pound against the Euro was in January 2009 - long before Brexit.

As for your claims about "The music industry", it's not an industry statement at all. What you have provided is an article from two years ago based on a self-selecting poll of musicians that was taken during Covid lockdown, with full travel restrictions in place.

Dig a little deeper, and it turns out that the poll was actually published in April 2021, and even the original source report doesn't give any information about the number of people who actually responded. Call me a cynic if you will, but I smell bullshittery.

https://www.ism.org/images/files/The-impact-of-the-Brexit-Trade-deal-on-music-businesses.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:36 PM, Ken L said:

Swerve to Euros all you like.

The Pound is worth more against the Euro now than it was for most of the four years prior to Brexit.

The historical lowest value of the pound against the Euro was in January 2009 - long before Brexit.

As for your claims about "The music industry", it's not an industry statement at all. What you have provided is an article from two years ago based on a self-selecting poll of musicians that was taken during Covid lockdown, with full travel restrictions in place.

Dig a little deeper, and it turns out that the poll was actually published in April 2021, and even the original source report doesn't give any information about the number of people who actually responded. Call me a cynic if you will, but I smell bullshittery.

https://www.ism.org/images/files/The-impact-of-the-Brexit-Trade-deal-on-music-businesses.pdf

So the day the brexit result was announced the pound crashed 100% true . Fact and has never recovered to the 1.42 level fact .

So you going to tour Europe with a band or a single singer , wirh brexit every single item you take on that tour  has to now  be logged .

And when you return you have to have exactly the same amount of items or customs want to know why . Stacks of paperwork piles of it before brexit non of this .

Now fergal Sharky  does he know more about the music industry or do you with zero experience what so ever .He  has been in that industry practically all his life so I think the latter has a great deal more experience on the ground .Brexit to Britain is a financial catastrophe on a biblical scale it’s enormous .Even tourists from Europe have crashed .

One third of small business who traded wirh Europe have now gone to the wall with brexit .Its over ken it’s a disaster face upto It and if Labour do manage to take power in the general election a full inquiry into the outcome of brexit  benefits and non benefits needs to done and what do you think the outcome will be , I know what the outcome will be that’s a 100% certainty.👎

The un achievable was promised it was never going to be delivered.You can’t deliver the impossible and today it’s there for all to see .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I thought that you were arguing that Brexit caused the pound to devalue.

Brexit occurred on 31 January 2020.

Now you seem to be swerving away, and correlating a drop in the value of the pound, compared to the Euro, with the announcement of the referendum results, even though nothing materially changed in terms of free movement, export rules or law.

You've been proven to be wrong about trade literally dozens of times, so I don't see much point in discussing it with you again. Suffice to say that the UK exported £572.9 billion worth of goods and services in 2016, and (excepting the dip in 2020), it's gone up every year to £815.2 billion in 2022.

UK exports of goods and services to the EU are also higher now than at any point prior to the 2016 referendum.

Labour can waste time on resources on a cost benefit report if they want to, but what you can't seem to get through your head is that YOU voted in the referendum based on your perception of the financial consequences of Brexit.

People who voted to leave didn't do so on the basis of global finance, they voted based on convictions about sovereignty and self-determination - so even if you convinced them that they are worse off due to Brexit, they will just shrug, and say "Okay".

Source 1.

Source 2.

Edited by Ken L

Perhap the trouble is we never actually brexited .

As I said (often) ANY deal with the EU is a bad deal

We are still being dictated to by the EU and until a government does as they are told and get out we always will be

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

37 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Perhap the trouble is we never actually brexited .

As I said (often) ANY deal with the EU is a bad deal

We are still being dictated to by the EU and until a government does as they are told and get out we always will be

Real Brexit has never been tried.

• Thanks 1

Remember that the OBR estimated that the GDP loss - due to exiting the EU - will be 4 per cent of GDP by 2030.

What they forgot to mention is that In 2005 Gordon Brown estimated the cost of EU regulations, is in excess of 7% of total GDP every year.

By 2030 that would total 49% of GDP - ie over 12 times the OBR’s estimate of loss - which is why we need to press ahead with the repeal of many legacy EU regulations.

But the gains from leaving the EU are becoming clearer, in the form of policies that would have been legally or psychologically impossible to execute while part of the EU.

The AUKUS agreement would be a no go if the U.K. remained, and that is just one of many.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

On 5/7/2023 at 11:20 AM, Ken L said:

I thought that you were arguing that Brexit caused the pound to devalue.

Brexit occurred on 31 January 2020.

Now you seem to be swerving away, and correlating a drop in the value of the pound, compared to the Euro, with the announcement of the referendum results, even though nothing materially changed in terms of free movement, export rules or law.

You've been proven to be wrong about trade literally dozens of times, so I don't see much point in discussing it with you again. Suffice to say that the UK exported £572.9 billion worth of goods and services in 2016, and (excepting the dip in 2020), it's gone up every year to £815.2 billion in 2022.

UK exports of goods and services to the EU are also higher now than at any point prior to the 2016 referendum.

Labour can waste time on resources on a cost benefit report if they want to, but what you can't seem to get through your head is that YOU voted in the referendum based on your perception of the financial consequences of Brexit.

People who voted to leave didn't do so on the basis of global finance, they voted based on convictions about sovereignty and self-determination - so even if you convinced them that they are worse off due to Brexit, they will just shrug, and say "Okay".

Source 1.

Source 2.

Pound before  brexit referendum result was 1.42 now stands at 1.15 a drop a big drop  and has never recovered making goods foods etc imported from Europe much much dearer .that’s  a fact not fiction .

So how is brexit Britain actually doing here is the answer Brexit Britain highest inflation and lowest growth in the G7 !!!

Sovereignty all these laws they want to scrap , of course we are just as guilty in the first place agreeing to many of the them  and  Infact very often changing them to our liking before being implemented into EU law .

She gets a lesson and doesn’t like it .As Campbell says Brexiteers have gone on TV many times and never get checked well welcome to the real world .She is shot down in flames .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

On 5/7/2023 at 10:55 PM, Huge_Vitae said:

Remember that the OBR estimated that the GDP loss - due to exiting the EU - will be 4 per cent of GDP by 2030.

What they forgot to mention is that In 2005 Gordon Brown estimated the cost of EU regulations, is in excess of 7% of total GDP every year.

By 2030 that would total 49% of GDP - ie over 12 times the OBR’s estimate of loss - which is why we need to press ahead with the repeal of many legacy EU regulations.

But the gains from leaving the EU are becoming clearer, in the form of policies that would have been legally or psychologically impossible to execute while part of the EU.

The AUKUS agreement would be a no go if the U.K. remained, and that is just one of many.

Your a wise man your lordship😉

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson