Barton Court Fish-in 13th March

Chris Plumb

Good luck guys hope you all have a good days fishing, especially as the weather is looking so good for tomorrow and remember failure is not an option! :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and remember failure is not an option! :lol:

Oh, now you tell me :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

failure is not an option! :lol:

:P

Gear all sorted and ready to go. See you in the morning folks....(I'l be sending a PM with my mobile no. shortly)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Oh, now you tell me :(

Positive thinking Elton there are a couple of more or less treeless carriers where the chance of getting your float in the water rather than up a tree are greatly improved. ;) ....enjoy

I have a cunning plan.

If I nick a float off Leon, then it won't be my float that gets stuck up a tree.

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Has anyone any info on the catches, I hope there's some good results and pic's :)

I have a feeling Mr Plumb will be posting an impressive catch report, when I phoned to say cheerio he was just "into some Perch".

Back pain prevented me from staying for the dusk session, shame really it was shaping up to be good one but after nine hours of trotting I was just about whacked. My day was pretty successful though, eight Trout all 3lb plus and all on lobs (didn't have any on maggots), a couple of small Perch (on maggots, none on lobs), a couple of Gudgeon and a small Roach.

A very enjoyable day and thanks to Chris for organising it.

Mental note to self "get there later next time"

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Great day and good to put some faces to names ,I caught Minnows lots of Minnows 6 Trout, Roach,Dace,Bleak but sadly no Pike ,Saw a a few in the clear water and have a video bit of one nudging my sardine around with its nose but don`t know how to post it up,Amazing to see it sussing my bait out right at my feet but not take it :wallbash: ,then it ignored both my Pike fly and any number of lures i threw at it [right wheres the hand grenade moment almost] then to add insult to injury a very good double at the tail of the first pool did exactly the same ,Leon caught Pike though but it makes you wonder how many just look at your bait lure and never just are not switched on to take it and the same goes for other fish with other baits you just cannot normally see them like you can in those small clear streams.

Left at the same time as Rusty as we are on the Thames tomorrow and had to get home to sort out the boaty bits but apologies for not saying cheerio to everyone,met Angly,Tiddle Tamer,Leon,Steve Walker,Elton and his mate and Chris plumb for the first time and all seemed like thoroughly decent Chaps .

Leon was trying his hardest to empty the swim above me of every Trout in the river at one point and Andrew had a clonker with an audience watching but remained unflustered and landed the fish with ease,here are a few shots .

Andrew plundering Trout from the top pool bartoncourt006.jpg

Angly stops trying to work out where he is on the map to see what anderoo has caught

bartoncourt009.jpg

caught lots of these bartoncourt005.jpg

And these bartoncourt004.jpg

bartoncourt003.jpg

Shot with the pin as its in vogue bartoncourt014.jpg

Anderoo lands a Trout whilst some dodgy looking geezers look on from the bridge

bartoncourt010.jpg

And this little fella swam by me a couple of times without getting a photo but managed it on the 3rd attempt

bartoncourt017.jpg

Great day and many thanks to Chris Plumb for organizing it,He had a couple of decnt Perch long before he got to the spot that Rusty was on about but could be he tracked down a monster Stripey at dusk or any of the others that stayed till then,Hope one of you got one Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I have a feeling Mr Plumb will be posting an impressive catch report, when I phoned to say cheerio he was just "into some Perch".

Yes indeedy - one of my better BC trips.....ended up with 9 perch over 1½lbs. Had the biggest two in the morning from Gunters 2lb 6oz & 2lb 11oz.

post-459-1236975468_thumb.jpg

post-459-1236975484_thumb.jpg

In the afternoon a dropped into the bottom of the Railway Cut - somewhere I've seen roach before - but today the perch were in residence. Had 7 from here - smallest was 1lb 8oz, largest 2lb exactly. Also had a 2lb 10oz chub - a rarity in this part of the river.

Nice to put some faces to names - quite a mixed catch by all accounts - and at least one (Angly) got there first grayling. I avoided the grayling and only had ONE troot - result!

Interesting that the two hotspots (for me at least) today were a litte off the beaten track - not streams that usually see much angling pressure (judging by the state of the banks).

Got around ¾pt of maggots and around ½doz lobs left - should just do me for a morning at Speen tomorrow!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog