Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

I broke my rod tip last year in the car door. Good excuse to buy a new one though. Had no luck again yesterday. Went down the river in the end to catch a trout just so I could catch a fish because it has been so long! Had one brown trout but no mullet!!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas why it is becoming so dam hard!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally took another mullet today! Only a couple of pounds but it still counts. It was raining and conditions didn't seem ideal but after a couple of descent bites I finally hooked the fish.

I will send the fish picture on email to you Paul, just for confirmation.

Believe that is 5-4 now!!!!!!!

Originally posted by WeymouthSean:

[QB] Finally took another mullet today! Only a couple of pounds but it still counts. It was raining and conditions didn't seem ideal but after a couple of descent bites I finally hooked the fish.

Went mullet fishing for a couple of hours today, got 4, biggest just over 4lb and 3 tiddlers about 2lb. Problem was I couldn't get away from the bass, had 6, biggest about 3lb, the others like peas in a pod, all about a pound and a half, good fun on light gear though, I'll try again tomorrow.

Took my biggest mullet ever yestersday! Had it weighed at Weymouth Angling Club! Came in at 2.9kg about 6lb 4oz in the old scale.

I didn't have a camera on me so I filled a bucket with sea water and drove around to my dads place to get a shot of the fish.

Dad hasn't got a digital camera unfortuately so I am hopeing to get the picture developed today!

Were's Paul gone haven't heard from him for a while?

Fish was returned alive to the harbour and swam striaght off!

Guest sslatter

Well done! Nice fish.. a thick, I presume?

Best not to repeat the fish-in-a-bucket scenario, though, just for the sake of a photo. You don't have to post a pic to prove it.. people will believe you.

..and if they don't, so what?

All the best.

[ 07. June 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Hooked 2 fish at the weekend both around the 2-3lb mark. One fish I netted and then the landing net broke and it was at low tide and I had no way of getting the fish out and had to try and lift it out which snapped the line!!! The second fish slipped the hook after about 5 minutes. Both thick lips I thing but the second was very long and thin maybe a thin lip?

Where has Paul gone??? He seems to disappeared off the planet any ideas????