Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WeymouthSean:

Do mullet feed in the rain? Its just I fished yesterday in the rain and didn't get a bite as soon as it brightened up I hooked a fish? Lost the fish but was wondering if the rain puts them off?

It's not that simple Sean.

I like days where little wind, towering white clouds and blue skies combine to produce heavy showers.

Even an approaching warm front with little wind, and a gentle to heavy rain doesn't put them off.

What I don't like is a fast approaching front, with a stiff breeze changing direction, falling temperatures and approaching persistent rain.

But then again, mullet don't keep to the rules!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

One fish yesterday about 3lb the fish seem to feed right up to high tide and then like magic go off the feed?

Wired yesterday met a guy who was in the mullet club who helped land the fish and gave me a card.

Also on the same day met another guy who was chairman of the mullet club and fished on the breakwater for mullet with John Wilson about 10 years ago. Funny I was only just watching that programme yesterday how people can change after 10 years.

He said the best and easiest way to catch mullet was on the bottom. I must admit I have never tried but does anyone else use this method to catch them? Always had them on a float!

Ah, only had 4 i think. I've been spending as much time as I can underwater these days, I've seen more mullet than I've caught!!

The Underwater photography is getting much better though. One from this evenings dive.

It's a cuttlefish just in case you're wondering!!

Posted Image

[ 16. July 2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Chippy ]