Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

Guest sslatter

Plenty of fish in my local river at the moment. Had a nice thick of 4.4.0 yesterday evening at low tide in about 8" of water. Haven't seen a real lunker yet this year, but I've had a very reliable report of two very large fish on another local river, so I'll go looking later in the week.

Out now to fish off the local docks in a boat. Lots of fish there apparently. And the sun is shining at last!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a brillant day by the harbour yesterday. Hooked a huge fish whiched jumbed off after about 20 seconds of being on! Hooked a fish about 3lb as well which took off like a rocket and really gave me a fight to remember. After I had finished I throw in all of my left over bread only to see it get absoultely mullered by a shoal of really big mullet! Had bite after bite as well and should have had alot more fish that day!

Guest sslatter

A mullet pal yesterday had a Southampton Water thicklip of 11lbs 2oz, one of three of about the same size that he just saw swimming around as he went for a walk.

..and just for those who care about such things, he's got the photos too.

Guest sslatter

He's not on the net, and wouldn't be happy about having the pic up, but.. I'll ask him if I can crop any landmarks out, and post it, but no promises. He refuses to tell anyone the location, even his two mullet pals. :mad:

He's practically walking on air at the moment, and I'm thinking of hanging up my rods.. :rolleyes:

Only joking. It's a fabulous fish. Well done that man. :D

Guest sslatter

Graham X:

He's not on the net, and wouldn't be happy about having the pic up, but.. I'll ask him if I can crop any landmarks out, and post it, but no promises. He refuses to tell anyone the location, even his two mullet pals.   :mad:  

He's practically walking on air at the moment, and I'm thinking of hanging up my rods..  :rolleyes:  

Only joking. It's a fabulous fish. Well done that man.   :D  

[takes deep breath]..

I have to apologise. I have been the victim of a pal's practical joke that got out of hand. There was no mullet.. the 11lb 2oz fish was a carp.

So my apologies to all, with a full slice of humble pie.

That's the last time I post about a fish that I haven't witnessed myself, or, to put it another way..

That's the last time I believe ANYTHING that my fishing "pals" tell me.

WeymouthSean:

Do mullet feed in the rain? Its just I fished yesterday in the rain and didn't get a bite as soon as it brightened up I hooked a fish? Lost the fish but was wondering if the rain puts them off?

My dear old grandad taught me a very valuable lesson about rain and fishing when i was wee nipper learning to fish (6yrs old), Allways go under a bridge!!

Why you may ask??

Well it where the fish go so they dont get wet!!!!

Sorry folks couldnt resist but it is a true story, gullible as we are at that age.

Regards Phil.

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

That's ok Graham I thought my 6lb 4oz mullet was pretty pathetic compared to your pal! Now I feel much better! Maybe my fish I caught earlier in the season wasn't that bad after all!

However I have told loads for people about the imaginary fish. Opps!