Why cant some people on this forum just be NICE?

sam-cox

LOL @ Fin-S.

Good stuff. I have never been anywhere near the UK and quite a few terms are unfamiliar but that is pretty universal I think and I can just substitute my own choice for Essex and the various bits.

Sam-cox (and any others who have been bothered), I think the sea forum has calmed down until the next flare up. They do happen and they do die off after a while.

One poster doing lots of well-meant but very negative posting can trigger this sort of nonsense. We had that.

One recurring idea that is well-meant but very negative can trigger this sort of nonsense. We had that.

Visit and post on other forums by all means. They all seem to have a flavour that is unique and the differences can be fun. AN is my 'home' angling forum but I certainly don't feel limited to just this one.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , I've not been here long and and so far seen nothing but constructive comments and critisisms. Its a fact that if everyone had the same chain of thoughts this country would not have different political parties. The same goes for fishing.

I for one am enjoying the fact that this forum appears to have a good mix of regular posters with a very wide geographical spread. Not just a "clique" of regulars who all live within the same postcode.This has got to lead to far more varied opinions which at the end of the day is good for any debate.

It is also a fact that when something is typed you get no indication of the persons tone of voice and attitude as u would in a face to face discussion, and this can and does lead to misunderstandings. But its part of the free speach process..and I for one came here solely to meet new people and catch more fish. I asked for help and it was freely offered in abundance...so thanks all forum members...and if we end up disagreeing on a subject in the future...so what ..a day later it is all forgotten.

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Essex has some of the best looking girls in the world.

AND MOST OF THEM SWALLOW SO NER, NERE, NERE

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!