favourite species

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toerag:

Anything on gear light enough that you can't do anything other than hold on :D

Ballan Wrasse for the way they fight way harder than their weight. I suggest a 4lb Ballan will give a harder fight than a 4lb bass or mullet.

I'd agree fishing is loads of fun on light spinning gear, and wrasse fight like **** for their size. Cod are my favourite cos their tasty but for pure pleasure i'd go with a wrasse.

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Pollock, great fight from the rocks and so much nicer to look at than a Coalfish from the boat. Also the same applies to me with Pollock as Pout with Chesters, very hard to not catch a Pollock up here. They are as tasty as Cod if handled right.

I also like catching any other species possible with the exception of Coalfish under 5lb, as there are so many of them.

Bob