Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

Personally Alan, I would sack him if he he believed in any God from Amun Ra to Zeus, Jehovah included.

I believe in equal opportunities.

So if you worked for a advertising agency...I know, you probably have :rolleyes: Would you be happy in wearing an 'A' board proclaiming the End Is Nigh or Praise The Lord or such like? Parading up and down Shirley High Street? Given that you have such strong beliefs that would surely be a conflict of interests for you, just as it was for the bus driver to tote that message around the streets,

Thankfully his bosses were a bit more understanding and attempted to not make an issue out of it. Can you imagine the backlash if they did sack him as you proposed?

You see the point I am making the only backlash is from you and like minded people like you which thankfully is a tiny minority.the rest of us think it was a reasonable request by the driver and common sense prevailed. After all the bus company should never have sanctioned such a volatile ad, I am truly surprised that more drivers have not stood up for their beliefs...good on him I say.

A model Christian :notworthy:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how I have kept out of this one for so long, it's the type of thread that I usually enjoy. I have been looking though. Which is perhaps good. The striking thing (to me) is that serious scientific research into how 'we' and the universe came about should be compared and debated with explanations offered by a dodgy middle eastern cult. Of course some science has been disproved as time has gone on and new advancements have been made, thats the 'name of the game' . I imagine that the pioneers of the enlightenment didn't expect that in the 21st century some people would still be holding onto the belief that the god of the bible was responsible for creation. Even if Darwinism and the theory of eveolution is flawed (and I don't think that it is wholly), then the answer as to how is all came about is not automatically found in the bible.

If the god of the bible were to be located, as real and present, then perhaps we should consider what science can do to get rid of it/him, for even if 'it' did create everything, it is still a paraniod, psychopathic menace to humanity.

It's rather a shame I think that the heads of all the religions didn't keep track of scientific facts and slowly change their fictitious 'how to live life/something to live for' books into something that was compatible with modern thinking as time went on. Edit: They have with homosexuality; now you have to be gay to be a Christian isn't it? So why not the rest of the story?

I fully understand that some people realise that life is completely pointless (except in order to perpetuate the species) in the hig scheme of things, that man will one day be extinct and outlived by insects, and therefore need to believe in a higher order such as gods, flying saucers, fairies, ghosts, etc. If the claims various religions made were not so ridiculous they could continue to do so without attracting so much criticism.

Edited by Alan Roe

Geoff

Angly wrote"Edit: They have with homosexuality; now you have to be gay to be a Christian isn't it? So why not the rest of the story?"

Can't see the pope agreeing whith that one nor the head of any of the Christian Churches....Mayhap a bit of a re-think may be called for here!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I was being factitious. :D

First homosexuality was a crime worthy of death, now they have homosexuals working for the church.. bit of a turn around I think you'll agree?

Geoff

I was being factitious. :D

First homosexuality was a crime worthy of death, now they have homosexuals working for the church.. bit of a turn around I think you'll agree?

Within some sections of christianity, there has been a level of decency towards gay people, however there is still an awful lot of church led bigotry. See the thread we had boiling a few weeks ago on this subject. Bishops blaming gay people for bringing about gods vengence and causing floods! How anyone is so feeble minded as to believe these hate mongers is astonishing.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Oohh, Anglers Net has drawn the attention of the mighty Google. We apprear to have atracted "The Tyranny Of God".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There is an old saying which, paraphrased, I think fits in perfectly with this thread : "Methinks the people protest too hard".

This thread has reached nineteen pages and it is composed largely of the same people (myself included) posting our own views over and over again!! The only problem is that instead of listening to one another, the minute a thread is posted, someone with an opposing view tries to find something more vitriolic to answer it!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

This thread has reached nineteen pages and it is composed largely of the same people (myself included) posting our own views over and over again!!

Not Quite KB. There are three positions being expressed.

Firstly there are the athiests on here saying that their world view doesn't include a god. They are for the most part providing reasoned arguments and details of factual evidence to explain their position and trying to field any questions or contradictions that are being raised.

Tthen there are the agnostics who look at all the evidence and declare that they don't have enough information to decide whether it indicates the existance of a god or not.

Lastly there are the religious, who delare their beliefs, delclare all of science to be wrong and put forward not a shred of evidence in defence of their position.

I for one am "listening" to you and I am prepared to declare that you are wrong.

That's as far as it would go if your religion didn't impact on my life but the plain truth is that it does and I resent that deeply.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken, I don't understand how my being religious causes you resentments. The agnostics and atheists have showed all the scientific "evidence" that God cannot exist. I believe it can and does exist - I have listened to them hammering on about religion being cruel and respionsible for deaths, but I believe that the modern day Christianity has done away with all thet and concentrated on the peace side.

The Bible is guidence, the ten commandments are guidance. In places there are cures for most of todays problems, simple lines like honour your father and mother, thou shalt not steal etc.

I think if more people read it for the good parts, instead of trying to find things to denigrate it, you wouldn't have to be religious to follow the good teachings.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I am a decent person, but I do good because it's the thing to do, it's the right way to live, not for the reward of going to heaven (which I don't believe in). So who is more likely to get to heaven if it does exist, me, or someone who does good just because they want to get to heaven?

Geoff