Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

I am struggling

Yes you sound as though you are.

I'm about to watch a dvd film. You might want to take the time before I reply to go back and read what I have written...then read again what you have challenged me with, and perhaps consider whether you want to proceed.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you sound as though you are.

I'm about to watch a dvd film. You might want to take the time before I reply to go back and read what I have written...then read again what you have challenged me with, and perhaps consider whether you want to proceed.

No not me struggling...well only with two fence panels which in this wind whatever you could throw at me is nothing in comparison :D

Take your time, take as long as you need.

Edited by Rabbit

there may be trouble ahead.............. :D

No there wont as in the true spirit of Anglers Net all the participants will remain wholly decent and pleasant to one another putting their case in a positive manner which shows due respect for the values attiudes and beliefs of the others................................

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I've never had the misfortune to live close to a church that rings bells intrusivly but I did live in Whitley Bay for 3 years and spent a solid 12 months of that working six days a week with 4 of those days being 8am to 9pm. What did I get on my one day off ? The bl00dy Sally Army and their brass band ! We had more than one set of cross words.

Indeed at the time i was working 60-70 hours a week for a year and the rare sunday i had off it was as i remember , ding bloo@y dong, pure bliss, not. B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No there wont as in the true spirit of Anglers Net all the participants will remain wholly decent and pleasant to one another putting their case in a positive manner which shows due respect for the values attiudes and beliefs of the others................................

Huh, it ain't holy sunday yet. :P

Ere, anyone going to put the bells out for me just reaching 4000 posts. :clap:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just do be different, I actually don't mind church bells, especially if they are ringing changes. It must be the mathematician in me. :)

Buying a house next to a church and moaning about the bells is like buying a house next to a cattle market and complaining about the cattle lowing.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

To come back to my flying elephant comparison, the evidence god does not exist is the same evidence that flying elephants do not exist:

to wit

A. not one mealy tiny shred (or even half a shred) of evidence to suggest they do exist, other than because someone says so.

B. based on the scientific principles we know to be correct (until proven otherwise), neither is actually possible

Still, there is a god, and I've seen a flying elephant. You calling me a liar? :D

Unlike some, I actually believe religion has made a valid contribution to our society. Many of our values were installed through religion, I don't agree with Sunday trading (why can't we have peace and quiet for one day of the week, it's civilised?), I am in awe at the beauty of some churches...so I can see many positives to religion...it can bring people together and give them a shared sense of purpose and being (bit like a grown up version of being a football supporter I guess).

I had a very normal middle class CofE upbringing, my partner has some practising Catholics in her family, and also some Greek Orthodox (and boy do they know how to throw a Baptism), but I just can't for the life of me see how people can believe in something that is purely make belief, like my flying elephants.

Edit: I love church bells too, and as I always love a bit of pomp and circumstance, church weddings/funerals (not quite so much) and christenings. Having said that, I have never married, and I will certainly never marry in a church: I don't believe, and I'm a man of honour...unlike many who don't believe but then stand there during the ceremony and lie through their teeth...great start to a life together!

Edited by Angly

Geoff

To come back to my flying elephant comparison, the evidence god does not exist is the same evidence that flying elephants do not exist:

to wit

ow to throw a Baptism), but I just can't for the life of me see how people can believe in something that is purely make belief, like my flying elephants.

Edit: I love church bells too, and as I always love a bit of pomp and circumstance, church weddings/funerals (not quite so much) and christenings. Having said that, I have never married, and I will certainly never marry in a church: I don't believe, and I'm a man of honour...unlike many who don't believe but then stand there during the ceremony and lie through their teeth...great start to a life together!

Perhaps sometimes you have to sacrifice your beliefs to satisfy your wife's, I did. We even had a singing nun friend that did a Guitar solo of ''This is The Day'' in the Sacred Heart Church in Bournemouth, it was a grand church with huge stain glass windows and vaulted ceilings, you don't get that at the local Registry Office.

That was thirty one years ago, not bad and well worth forsaking a bit of honour and giving your new bride her wish and not putting yourself first, a good start to any marriage ..agreed?

I'll concede you may have a point there! Let's just hope the long suffering partner doesn't read this forum! :rolleyes:

Geoff

I'll concede you may have a point there! Let's just hope the long suffering partner doesn't read this forum! :rolleyes:

See you are even thinking like a married man...it's time :wub: