Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

I was just reading this report about Christians complaining about the bus posters that say "There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life".

While people are of course free to believe whatever they like, it does strike me that Stephen Green, is opening would be Christian advertisers up to a counter complaints inviting them to prove the existance of their god in a court of law in order to justify their claims of eternal bliss through Christianity.

Things could get very interesting over the next few months.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find this funny because churches do the same thing, advertising things like "god is with you" and "god loves you"

the advert that you refer to is worded perfectly in that it says "probably" where as the church doesnt.

i wouldnt worry about it too much just the church getting all shirty about their beliefs being questioned.

just enjoy life

edit: just reading through the comments on the website, i love this one.

"There is plenty of evidence for God, from people's personal experience..."

Excellent . Then that strange dream I personally experienced last night is conclusive evidence that I turn up at work naked on a regular basis.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Hmmm. I don't think that "Personal experience" is going to impress a court.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

How ridiculous. Perhaps people should start complaining to the ASA about the claims posted outside places of worship?

Not just claims either -

Sometimes there are threats of hellfire and eternal damnation.

If "personal experience" is going to be offered as evidence, here's mine :- I stopped worrying (and went fishing) in 1941 at age seven - been getting on with my life ever since :fishing::fishing::fishing:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I womder. I know that there are a lot of atheists on this site, but the belief in God is strong - whether you believe in the Christian, Muslim, Chinese, Hindi etc. - they all BELIEVE in a god! (very possibly the same one!!)

Atheists worldwide are in a minority, although a very vocal one.

Instead of living together with other religions, Atheists braggingly say "there is no God - get over it"

I wonder what would happen if some one had signs saying "there IS a God - get over it!" would the non-believers let that stand or complain like hell!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Instead of living together with other religions

Have you watched the news at any point in the last 2000 years KB ?

The problem with the religious is that they seem to be incapable of living together with other people of other religions; they even enshrine that intolerance in scripture.

Exodus 22:18: “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”

Note: The King James version was translated from Greek texts, and the original Greek line read: "Thou shalt not suffer a venefica to live". The Latin word "venefica" means "female poisoner". Thus, the correct translation should be: "Thou shalt not suffer a female poisoner to live". King James's translator decided that the term "witch" was synonymous with "poisoner". King James I was well known for his persecution of "witches" in England. In other translations of the Bible, this passage is translated differently. For example, in the Revised Standard Version of the Bible this verse is translated as: "You shall not permit a sorceress to live," which isn't any more accurate than the King James version. This is a good example of scripture being deliberately misinterpreted to support Satanic hysteria.

Leviticus 20:27: “A man or a woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Deutoronomy 18:10-12: “There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you.

Leviticus 26:30 “I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.”

Deutoronomy 7:5-6: “This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”

Edited by Ken L

"Cor blimey" Ken, I am impressed.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

there are a number of buses with the same atheist message driving around barcelona at the moment. they are starting in madrid next week too.

the catholic church,known for its aggresivness in spain is counterattacking............with buses carrying a pro- god message.

caused a few rows here i can tell you! lol