Snow patrol

n4lly

There is still a lot of snow around here on the North Downs, despite the thaw, if the temperatures fall to below freezing tonight as forecast and there is snow tomorrow morning it will be fun for those trying to get to work

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why a multi million £ company cant clear snow for their patrons is beyond me ,the woman behind us said the main farnham car park (council) was worse just what does the council spend council tax on ?

Fear of littigation I suspect mate. :angry:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Our regional news (Anglia) keeps harping out about the disruption and how all the schools in the region have been affected, etc.

We had one day of snow, and that had gone by the close of play the next day!

Us in the extreme East seem to be the forgotten minority :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

We had a bit snow overnight !

Cullercoats Bay this morning

1-73.jpg

Cullercoats lifeboat station this morning

IMG_8708.jpg

The view my our bedroom window a few minutes ago

IMG_8730.jpg

Time now is 11.40 and its still below freezing :cold:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I hate to say it but here in East Kent it's 9C (48F), mainly sunny and with a light southerly wind.

It smells as though spring is in the air. Certainly the birds think so as they're now pairing off, squabbling like mad and singing their hearts out dawn and dusk.

There's warmer weather forecast at the end of next week although we've got the cold weather the rest of you are getting predicted to return to us over the weekend.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Not much sign of Spring in the air up here.

2ft of snow outside, lots of roads closed and not much sign of an immediate improvement.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have no idea what the temperature is here in North Kent nor do I fancy going outside to check, but at least we have had no more snow and what is left is slowly thawing out.

I hope Steve is correct about a return to more normal temperatures in a week as I want to get out and try out my bionicness ( is that a word???).

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I hate to say it but here in East Kent it's 9C (48F), mainly sunny and with a light southerly wind.

It smells as though spring is in the air. Certainly the birds think so as they're now pairing off, squabbling like mad and singing their hearts out dawn and dusk.

The snow on the ground here was all washed away by yesterday's rain.

Quite a bit of rain early this morning.

But I was able to get out into the garden and plant my garlic bulbs in a bed that I'd dug over just before the snow arrived.

I was surprised that the earth didn't really feel that cold.

Wet yes, not exactly warm, but not nearly as cold as I thought it would be.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

heavy snow here but not settling on bare concrete

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson