Are PETA right or wrong

corydoras

I know exactly where my eggs come from. They come from a specific breed of hen that produces a specific colour and texture of eggshell. All the crap in the world wouldn't disguise it.

At this time of year he has fewer eggs, so we eat fewer eggs, not a problem really.

It's strange but our attitude to animal cruelty seems to be the opposite of our attitude to sex. With animals it's OK to be as cruel as you like as long as it's done for profit whereas if you said that you enjoyed it as sport it's disgusting. With sex it's OK to do it for fun, but illegal to do it for profit :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly where my eggs come from. They come from a specific breed of hen that produces a specific colour and texture of eggshell. All the crap in the world wouldn't disguise it.

At this time of year he has fewer eggs, so we eat fewer eggs, not a problem really.

It's strange but our attitude to animal cruelty seems to be the opposite of our attitude to sex. With animals it's OK to be as cruel as you like as long as it's done for profit whereas if you said that you enjoyed it as sport it's disgusting. With sex it's OK to do it for fun, but illegal to do it for profit :rolleyes:

you dont think that eggs are naturally brown do you :D no doubt with added ingredients in their food orange or blue eggs could be laid ,the egg shape though would be hard to fake ;)

mind you "brown" cage chickens are brown for just one purpose and sussex or orpingtons or any other breed can be caged and factory-ised

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Mine too, they come from an old milk bench at the end of the farm lane, you put the money in an honesty box, and get browm Maran eggs.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

hmmm tasteless we had some marans (ate the cockerel he was aggressive) so so layers but bad mothers.

nothing to stop marans being caged either have you inspected their living quarters :D could be the equivalent of belsen on a bad day.

when i worked on the canal we had an encounter with nice "free range" eggs at a pub, pity later we found the chickens were eating not so free range dead pigs at the farm the eggs came from (blurp)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

from companies who dont follow guidelines. lets not forget peta are a bunch of idiots

Companys like McDonalds ?

KFC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFgbHK6yP2g...feature=related

It's not just those big companies either, I used to go to local slaughter houses to get blood, one and intestinal matter, my job then included creating realistic casualties for training purposes. The men who worked in them seemed to consider me a novelty, and because I didn't pass out, go white or throw up at what happened there, may have belived that I was a sadist too, because they went out of their way to show me what 'fun' could be had in the process of doing their work. They told me that were the 'guidelines' (LAW) stuck too then the victims couldn't be killed quickly enough to meet demand.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

It may be coming clear that I don't like children a great deal, and don't think their views are particularly valid about anything more pressing than what they want for breakfast :)
Did you hold yourself in such low esteem when you were a child jeepster, or were you held in low esteem yourself?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Neither Cory, I had a pretty good childhood you seem to assume that one or the other of your assertions is true and they're both ever so slightly insulting.

My childhood doesn't have any bearing on my dislike of children, it's borne out of experience.

Of course we don't have the right to treat animals this way & of course PETA are right, but Cory has been irresponsible to highlight it using a PETA standpoint. This isn't earth shattering news, we all know it. The reality is, we need to start charging the proper price for meat to allow the farmers to raise free range animals with a reasonable quality of life, & a quick & relatively painfree end. But of course, until we can balance the cost so as not to return to the days when to have meat was a Sunday treat for people on low incomes, then we have to continue to try & educate the consumer & rein in the supermarkets using responsible organisations. To use an extreme organisation such as PETA to highlight an obvious problem, risks giving them credibility with the public.
Why I am 'irresponsible'?. PETA are not high on my list of favourite organisations, but if they make people stop and think, then credit where credit is due is my motto. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everything they do is wrong. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Wondered where you were going with that... :lol:

I wonder where Mr Mosley's alleged predilections fall under that theory?