Angler cautioned for illegal fishing methods

Elton

its an interesting point you make about cats after all there has been a catfish population of sorts in the Ouse for many years now, but they are still as rare as hens teeth to catch! yet if you listen to the water authority they will take over the rivers if they get into them.

its strange that this country hates predators with such a vengence yet in any other country they are seen as the "most sporting" quarry.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'2. Zander are a parasite, sorry - they are a beautiful fish, great fight, sometimes hard to catch but they are inroduced in most rivers ( the severn ?), they killed our perch and pike fishing on the mid Thames in the '70's'

Where did that come from ? Since these hordes of zeds have been in the Thames for thirty odd years I assume they are at plague proportions. Which embarasses me because I stil can't catch them.

Or maybe when you said 'Mid Thames' you mean that bit of the Mid-Thames often refered to as the Severn.

A little bit of nonsense i can live with, forums are noted for it, but dangerous nosense like this is always a problem because sadly some people will believe it.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Mark,Fenboy and Argyle you obviously know nothing about the facts of life,allow me to point out a couple-

1. All Zander and Pike should be destroyed as they are creations of the devil and eat every thing in site totally decimating waters.

2. Catfish are a positive nuisence on the Ouse you cant have a bait in the water for more than a few seconds without one taking it.

3. Hempseed should be banned as it drugs the fish,causing them to not feed as they just want to lounge around listening to Heavy House Trance music.

4. If you sail to far to the West you will fall of the edge of the world.

5. **** causes you to grow hair on your palms and go blind.

Untill you have a basic grip of this common knowledge I sugest you refrain from giving any more advice on this forum.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Incidentally, I am very pleased to hear that DM, the bloke who caught PC in the act, was also only cautioned for his own offence, of (apparently) being too far from his rods. I have known him for even more years than I have known PC and I know that he would never knowlingly harm a predator - and even if he was 100 yards from his rods he would detect and strike a run quicker than most folk. ANd he, too, has done more for fishing - ie Fens piking - than all but a very small handful of anglers. I am very relieved that nobody on this forum is baying for his blood.

Changing subject...

Cats in the Ouse? For real? The rumours were going around as long ago as the late 60s, but solid evidence is great news. Some in the Nene would be interesting...

Fenboy

DM is an okay bloke, even for an ex copper! But he was out of order in straying from his rods. He does it, loads of pikers do it, and they shouldn't.

No, I'm not baying for his blood. I'm just saddened, despairing really, that he and others do it, and that they set a bad example to others. To be honest, I was surprised at Dennis. It is, I think, part of the decline in 'angling'.

Right, I've studied this thread closely and at no point does anyone, not even Squire Waller, accuse carpers of anything major.

Shurely shome mishtake?

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I'm on thin ice on this one Terry!

Collins is not a carper, nor am I.

Collins is a Broadlander, so am I.

Collins is a boring old tart, so am I.

Collins was, in his day, a good piker, like me!

Too many similarities, I've got to watch it!

Peter Waller:

I'm on thin ice on this one Terry!

Collins is not a carper, nor am I.

Collins is a Broadlander, so am I.

Collins is a boring old tart, so am I.

Collins was, in his day, a good piker, like me!

Too many similarities, I've got to watch it!

Don't worry, mate.

I mean, it's not as if you've got the same name or anything...er...Peter.

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.