A Mild Week

Chris Plumb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy upstream of me in one of the known best swims had been there from first light and was trotting a float through after the nice roach that frequent the stretch using 3lb line and he ended the day with 4 Barbel of a similar size as mine and he said that he had been broken up by seven other Barbel during the course of the day but didn't manage to catch any of the larger Roach.

You had the feeling that spring was finally here with a Wren attacking my maggots and with Robins and the odd Goldcrest darting about all over the place.

I did try trotting a float through (badly) but it was a bit gusty so I just put a light link leger out after the Barbel with just enough weight to hold bottom.

Rusty, The photographs make the stream seem larger than it is, as it is approx 10 to 12 yards to the far bank in the swim I fished. On average the stream is approximately 20ft wide with an average depth of around 3 to 4 ft with the odd deeper pool with a fair amount of undercuts along the near and far banks.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

At last!

Nipped over he fields to the Kenwater this afternoon and had a trotting session for grayling. Lost the first one at the net (about 10oz) then had a 1lb 3oz and then a 1lb 8 oz, all on redworm.

Oh deep joy :clap2::fish::sun:

post-14528-1235499124_thumb.jpg

1lb 8 oz

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

nice fish that mr worms, i live in grayling free zone so have never had one myself, tried trotting for one on the Avon when on holiday but could not get past the minnows, chublets or occasional salmon parr.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

At last!

Nipped over he fields to the Kenwater this afternoon and had a trotting session for grayling. Lost the first one at the net (about 10oz) then had a 1lb 3oz and then a 1lb 8 oz, all on redworm.

Oh deep joy :clap2::fish::sun:

post-14528-1235499124_thumb.jpg

1lb 8 oz

A great fish and a very nice reel. They occasionally come up on e-bay and I'm often tempted but always unsure as to whether they're a better display reel than a user, I guess from your results they work very well.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Bearing in mind the extreme cold weather we've been suffering until very recently, the conditions for the zander get together at the weekend look amazing :o Lucky or what! In fact they look good for any species you can think of, I expect to see some bumber catches reported... Apparently things get colder again from next week, so if you can I'd get out this weekend and make the most of it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A great fish and a very nice reel. They occasionally come up on e-bay and I'm often tempted but always unsure as to whether they're a better display reel than a user, I guess from your results they work very well.

It's a later model 'flick 'em', a reel I tend to use on heavier water with a reasonable shot load as they don't spin like an Aerial or a Speedia. A good ledgering/feeder reel though and a good non-tangle 'pin with a nice stiff ratchet, very robust! There have been a couple of earlier (with the internal spokes) flick'ems on ebay for around £200 recently!!!! nice but not that nice!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!