Words fail me

five bellies

isnt war just giving out punishment for alleged crimes the opposite sides supposed to have done?

your statement it doesnt work is strange for a person paid to administer it for nearly 20 years?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's often been argued that violence breeds violence - which in itself proves its illegitimacy as a punishment.

A good point of reference in support of this is in the area of domestic violence, where there is boundless evidence to substantiate that people growing up in an environment of domestic violence invariably end up in abusive relationships themselves.

Just as valid an argument is that appeasement doesn't work - Britain was at war with Germany for 6 years partially as a result of appeasement. Appeasement - a euphemism for Community Service.

The only untried way of changing social behaviours seems to be training to change people's mentality and that seems to be a route society is reluctant to pursue.

So you can blame society. Of course, it's never the individuals fault, (he says, mustering all the sarcasm he can find!)

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

My 'punishment' criteria i.e. kicking them to a pulp, are strictly personal feelings.

To tackle the problem using the current law however, well, give them a fine they probably can't afford to pay, or they'd get more involved in dog fighting to earn the money. Then the possibility of six months inside. The ring leader might get it and the rest will probably get a few hundred quid fine.

Bring back the stocks? Well why not? 15 yobs in the stocks for a week or whatever. I bet that would deter most of them from doing it again. The general public laughing at them and humiliating them, with friends and family realising what little sh1ts thay are. Also of course the odd drunk peeing on them for a laugh. Don't forget Emma, these guys were working as a gang, the peer pressure and the bravado from this group social behaviour would all but disappear once they are forced to face the world as a cruel sadistic yob (the nature of their crime would of course be displayed for all to see), shackled alone away from their 'mates'. No support now, just loathing, pity maybe, contempt and disgust.

No I can't prove it would work and no it's never likely to happen because these little c"£$s have 'Human rights'.

A nice idea though I'd support it if only as a punishment for people who thought torturing and killing animals is fun!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

My 'punishment' criteria i.e. kicking them to a pulp, are strictly personal feelings.

To tackle the problem using the current law however, well, give them a fine they probably can't afford to pay, or they'd get more involved in dog fighting to earn the money. Then the possibility of six months inside. The ring leader might get it and the rest will probably get a few hundred quid fine.

Bring back the stocks? Well why not? 15 yobs in the stocks for a week or whatever. I bet that would deter most of them from doing it again. The general public laughing at them and humiliating them, with friends and family realising what little sh1ts thay are. Also of course the odd drunk peeing on them for a laugh. Don't forget Emma, these guys were working as a gang, the peer pressure and the bravado from this group social behaviour would all but disappear once they are forced to face the world as a cruel sadistic yob (the nature of their crime would of course be displayed for all to see), shackled alone away from their 'mates'. No support now, just loathing, pity maybe, contempt and disgust.

No I can't prove it would work and no it's never likely to happen because these little c"£$s have 'Human rights'.

A nice idea though I'd support it if only as a punishment for people who thought torturing and killing animals is fun!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Bring back the stocks? Well why not?

Bringing about subjective and instant personal punishments is indeed tempting and it is difficult to critise those who, in the heat of anger and outrage which rises upon being faced by awful things, do act with violence. However I imagine that you are saying that you have enough reflective ability to realise that anger within yourself, while not wishing for a judicial and police system which 'kicks people to a pulp', with or without a trial.

The stocks too, or some form of extreme public humiliation is tempting, perhaps a harsher and more high profile 'chain gang' style of community service would have an effect?

Your last sentence highlights to problem of 'who' would get these extreme punishment sand for precisely 'what'? For example, we all know full well that there are those in our society who consider those of us who engage in field sports, including angling as 'torturing and killing animals for fun'. While some, and I include myself here, belive that the torture and killing of animals for profit, as some sections of the food industry have been found to be guilty of, is equally deviant, if not more so than the monsters who throw dogs off roofs.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

However I imagine that you are saying that you have enough reflective ability to realise that anger within yourself, while not wishing for a judicial and police system which 'kicks people to a pulp', with or without a trial.

Yes, as soon as you support mindless thuggery by the law enforcement agency 'civilisation' has ceased to be.

The stocks too, or some form of extreme public humiliation is tempting, perhaps a harsher and more high profile 'chain gang' style of community service would have an effect?

It might get something useful done but the problem I foresee is that you would be reinforcing a 'gang' culture through punishment. Better in my opinion to segregate them and 'educate' them individually.

Your last sentence highlights to problem of 'who' would get these extreme punishment sand for precisely 'what'? For example, we all know full well that there are those in our society who consider those of us who engage in field sports, including angling as 'torturing and killing animals for fun'. While some, and I include myself here, belive that the torture and killing of animals for profit, as some sections of the food industry have been found to be guilty of, is equally deviant, if not more so than the monsters who throw dogs off roofs.

Paws for thought B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I said that twice I said that twice!

Edited by Worms

I suppose that I will be shot down in flames again - but here is FACT!!

As you all probably know,I lived for many years in South Africa. There were was no open drunkeness, NO smashing of bus shelters, no drunken graffiti - and this was down to ONE reason and ONE reason only.

They have a system - if ANYBODY (old or young, male or female) starts misbehaving through alcohol, they are arrested!!

They are put into a cell and allowed to sober up. They are then taken into court the following morning, they are told exactly what they did the night before and asked to plead. (Being drunk and not knowing what you are doing is not a plea)

If they are found guilty, they are sentenced to a caning - right there and then!!

There are NO drunken escapades!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription