Africa

kleinboet

I have been to London, Birmingham and Liverpool and, I personally, have seen no poverty - yet I know it exists!! BUT, and a big but, I know that people lived very happily IN SIMILAR CONDITIONS TO TODAY in the 1950s and 60s!! Our outlook on "poverty" has changed.

When I was in South Africa, I used to fish with Indian and black youths and had a lot of conversations along the lines of "set the world to rights" and the upshot was that the Asians would not be "as tolerant" to the blacks and the blacks "loved" visiting elderly relations in "the country" (something we think should be changed, as there is no running water, electricity, lighting etc.)

But, as Iraq, they don't live to OUR rules - so it MUST be changed!

And I see South Africa has now added their name to the list of "needing aid".

It is no good visiting a place to find the truth, you have to LIVE there!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
Now I know there will be people that say RACIST!!

No, but without reading back I bet there was plenty saying they are bored to death of you posting this kind of tosh! :D

So you have lived there and don't agree, Phil. Have you personally seen what happens to your money and are happy with it?

In that case I will agree that I am writing "tosh"

Guest Brumagem Phil
So you have lived there and don't agree, Phil. Have you personally seen what happens to your money and are happy with it?

Money gets wasted the world over mate, its just the way it is. Whether its wasted on unwanted beauracracy, syphoned off by dodgy regimes or even used by our MP's to redecorate their second homes......its just the way it is.

The main thing is to make the effort to make things better imo.

Ain't gonna end up slanging with ya though, I just saw your thread and felt like givin you a friendly poke in the ribs! ;) Hope alls well with you.

I have been to London, Birmingham and Liverpool and, I personally, have seen no poverty - yet I know it exists!! BUT, and a big but, I know that people lived very happily IN SIMILAR CONDITIONS TO TODAY in the 1950s and 60s!! Our outlook on "poverty" has changed.

When I was in South Africa, I used to fish with Indian and black youths and had a lot of conversations along the lines of "set the world to rights" and the upshot was that the Asians would not be "as tolerant" to the blacks and the blacks "loved" visiting elderly relations in "the country" (something we think should be changed, as there is no running water, electricity, lighting etc.)

But, as Iraq, they don't live to OUR rules - so it MUST be changed!

And I see South Africa has now added their name to the list of "needing aid".

It is no good visiting a place to find the truth, you have to LIVE there!

So you know the truth about sub Saharan Africa?

You lived in South Africa I believe <_<

Well, I live in Scotland and I know ****all about Lithuania :lol:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Jeeeeez! I thought April 1st had been and gone...

I'm absolutely appalled at some of the racist comments on this thread that have been allowed to continue without any censure.

Janet

Me too, and it has what has moved me to register in here after years of just looking and reading (I wonder how many do that?)

It's not just this thread, look at the jokes, I do. I'm surprized that the poster 'Emma 2' was so quickly censored, while lots of other stuff, which some are going to consider way more 'offensive' is left?

I was waiting for her reply, but she seems either to have had enough, or maybe she has been blocked?

I support a child in Mali through an organisation called plan international. We get letters from her translated by aid workers, can you assure me that I am being duped?

Maybe as Mali is geographically at least closer to London, then it is to SA, you are in no better position to say than anyone else?

I speak for South Africa, Angola, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe, in fact all of the southern states as I was a Sales rep that visited all of these countries on a regular basis over the period 1975 - 1985 for a german firm called Merck (the Laboratory Chemical and equipment side of the company) I have visited other countries in Africa but, unfortunately the passport which showed the countries is with the authorities as I am waiting for a new one.

The countries I have witnessed the "results" of aid are Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Angola. As all the results there are similar, as are some of the more northern areas, I would not think them to be radically different!

Edited by kleinboet

Me too, and it has what has moved me to register in here after years of just looking and reading (I wonder how many do that?)

It's not just this thread, look at the jokes, I do. I'm surprized that the poster 'Emma 2' was so quickly censored, while lots of other stuff, which some are going to consider way more 'offensive' is left?

I was waiting for her reply, but she seems either to have had enough, or maybe she has been blocked?

You have prompted me to register too. I didn't even look at the 'non fishing bit' until recently. i have been looking back throu it you have had some dingdongs. bit ofa double standard goin on in this section. the moderated out comment mild compared with some of the things said in here. Decent folk can see whats happening.

Sorry in a way to come in here withcontrversy but sometimes thats what it takes to get the nomlly silent ones out. How could a black person not be offended, from Africa or anywhere else?

Now I have taken the step of regerstration I hope to be able to contribute often.

Welcome aboard Freddie.

It's not all dingdongs. Sometimes we're quite nice - but we recover quickly from such lapses :D

Edit: Posting glitch. Multiple repeats removed.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.