police brutality

barry luxton

I looked at the video within this item with utter astonishment with regards to the way in which this guy was treated, first of all one so called policeman hits him with a batten from behind, then pushed most forcibly to the ground again from behind by another so called law and order officer, what looks to be for no appearent reason. Tradically the guy dies minutes later. I can't prejudge what is going to happen to the 'policemen' involved but the new police commisioner had better deal with this with the uttermost transparency. Shameful to watch. First of all the police denied that the poor guy was even touched until someone had the foresight to provide the evidence.

http://news.aol.co.uk/met-chiefs-concern-a...408050609990002

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video has changed my mind on the case - I don't have any sympathy for the troublemakers out for a ruck with the police (and a bit of vandalism en route), but there was no excuse for that. I think the police officer involved ought to think on this principle of law.

Not a protester - just a newsagent trying to go home and already turned away from several exits by the police.

Not being confrontational - he was walking away with his hands in his pockets.

He was hit with a baton and shoved to the ground. Although he did get back to his feet, he colapsed and died moments latter.

Assuming that a causal link can be established between the shove/baton strike, it looks like a clear cut case of manslaughter.

As to why the number/ID (and to a lesser extent the face) are hidden, the police learned the hard way during the miners strike that if 15 blokes can be directed to a single copper

(lets say "number 49"), there is very little that his mates can do to prevent him from being dragged out of line and beaten to a pulp.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Brumagem Phil
That video has changed my mind on the case - I don't have any sympathy for the troublemakers out for a ruck with the police (and a bit of vandalism en route), but there was no excuse for that. I think the police officer involved ought to think on this principle of law.

That rule only applies to us steve, not 'them'.

As an aside, does anyone know what that dangerous driving officer from wales got in the end as punishment? Its all gone quiet.

The one who crashed at 120mph? Sent down for five months. There's another one just been found guilty of death by dangerous driving, not yet sentenced but warned to expect prison - the ANPR pinged a suspicious car going the other way, so he turned round and did 90 in a 30 trying to catch up. No lights or sirens, to avoid alerting the suspect. Teenage girl stepped in front of him, killed instantly. Turned out that the car that had triggered the ANPR was legit after all.

Guest Brumagem Phil
The one who crashed at 120mph? Sent down for five months. There's another one just been found guilty of death by dangerous driving, not yet sentenced but warned to expect prison - the ANPR pinged a suspicious car going the other way, so he turned round and did 90 in a 30 trying to catch up. No lights or sirens, to avoid alerting the suspect. Teenage girl stepped in front of him, killed instantly. Turned out that the car that had triggered the ANPR was legit after all.

They do that around here all the time. I almost had a head on some weeks ago with a panda car with no blues and twos who 'apexed' a blind bend as I was going the other way........if it wasnt for the fact I had to be somewhere, I'd have turned around, followed him and noted his number and time to make a complaint.

That welsh copper got hit very hard didn't he? 5 months, 2 years ban and a resit of his test is more than most would get............for once the one rule for them and one for us didnt apply. I think he has a case to argue his punishment was severe, but he is still arguing about the actual conviction. Quite bizarre!

Considering that the one who was caught doing 159 on the motorway and 91 in a 30 eventually got an absolute discharge, yes, surprisingly harsh. I suppose he'll actually serve 6 weeks or so - not sure I'd want to be a disgraced traffic cop in the nick, mind!

I have no comment on the alleged brutality, but what irritates me is that the media has been awash with the dead man family (especially his son) making all the demands for the truth, the "pieces to the jigsaw" and stating what a well loved man their father/husband was.

The man is described as, "a homeless alcoholic who occasionally watched a newspaper stand" (not exactly a newsagent).

Where were his family when he obviously needed their help ? :rolleyes:

I think they have been blinded by the £££££££ signs of some nice comp courtesy of the Met.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Considering that the one who was caught doing 159 on the motorway and 91 in a 30 eventually got an absolute discharge, yes, surprisingly harsh. I suppose he'll actually serve 6 weeks or so - not sure I'd want to be a disgraced traffic cop in the nick, mind!

he'l get a section 43? and have a nice cell to himself out of harms way if he plays his cards right if not a cushy open prison where all he has to do is turn up to sign in once a day to do his "bird" :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson